GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of questions : Who is the farther of the one-year old? Are there "gangs" in Canton?

yes there are gangs...all over the state...I grew up & lived there
http://www.cherokeega-sheriff.org/GangUnit.html
I have family in that county and they have spoken of gang activities.
Hmm maybe Latin Kings, Sur 13, MS 13, Westside Locos, Vatos Locos...

Frankly, I have been wondering if there was any connection to gangs/drugs..

Has LE said who called in the missing person report and exactly waht time it was called in?

The discrepancy of 3:45pm and 5pm (on the playground) is confusing to me.
The video a post or two above this quoted post contains a statement from a woman who says she saw Jorely on the playground at 4:00 and in front of the woman's apartment at 5:00.

Some random thoughts:

* Jorely was seven, not two. I don't know how far she was from her next birthday, but in any case that's not exactly an infant that needs constant 24/7 supervision and handholding. I see kids that age every day playing outside without a parent. That's what I did as well. And apparently a fair number of parents at this complex did just that, allowing their kids to play outside together. Further, she wasn't alone at the mall, she was playing with other kids AND a teen guardian at her home playground. Somewhere she should have been safe.

* I have seen some few comments questioning and criticizing the mom here. Her mom is a victim. She was likely poor (who isn't these days) and worked some long hard hours. Again, mom is another victim.

* This crime has shocked the hell out of me far more than the other cases I have followed here. This crime was so sick, so depraved, that it leaves me feeling disgusted and horrified. So much so that I have avoided looking at pictures of this little girl -- it's just too depressing.

* If what we have heard is correct, that this maniac sadistically tortured her to death, then we are dealing with someone so vile that the english language lacks the words to describe it.

* For my experience working with kids, no other racial demographic comes close to Hispanic families in terms of the affection and love that they shower onto their children.

There was a case here in Dallas a couple of months ago. A young girl was killed and molested. She was with her parents at a party. They were visiting from out of town. The murderer was also at the party. You would think this child would have been safe with all her family and relatives around, but still this crime happened. I believe he was a relative, so I think if the perp wants to do this he will find a way. jmo

nursebeeme,
Are you thinking the murderer-rapist was known to the mom and other tenants?
To me the words from the presser meant this guy is no stranger to the complex.

Sorry if I'm completely off.

what I meant, and sorry if I was evasive, was that this ((in my opinion only)) was someone Jorelys most likely knew just enough to 'give a drink' to. It has been reported earlier that she was the one who was always getting drinks and snacks...

remember that earlier report where it was stated that she went in for drinks but the teen went off and others got cold? so she walks out alone with drinks and no one is there perhaps to get them?

in walks bad guy who maybe has been biding his time. imhoo..

I struggle to think how else this could have happened in a vacant apartment and dumpster of the very same apartment complex... :twocents:

I think it was someone that had access to a lot of things there (imhoo and going off what we know now)

what I meant, and sorry if I was evasive, was that this ((in my opinion only)) was someone Jorelys most likely knew just enough to 'give a drink' to. It has been reported earlier that she was the one who was always getting drinks and snacks...

remember that earlier report where it was stated that she went in for drinks but the teen went off and others got cold? so she walks out alone with drinks and no one is there perhaps to get them?

in walks bad guy who maybe has been biding his time. imhoo..

I struggle to think how else this could have happened in a vacant apartment and dumpster of the very same apartment complex... :twocents:

I think it was someone that had access to a lot of things there (imhoo and going off what we know now)

Thank you kindly nursebeeme.
I remember your post about her going to her apartment to get drinks. I agree with you, perfect time for the monster to take advantage of her being alone.

The only blame i can place right now is with the perp. Mom worked and it appears did provide child care. Don't know if prior DCF visits were due to a lack of supervision or a case of the babysitter not diligent. Perhaps Mom worked different shifts. I cant Judge her at this point.

The only blame i can place right now is with the perp. Mom worked and it appears did provide child care. Don't know if prior DCF visits were due to a lack of supervision or a case of the babysitter not diligent. Perhaps Mom worked different shifts. I cant Judge her at this point.

I am sure I either read or heard that the babysitter was a relative. Did anyone else hear this?

prayers for Jorelys, her family, her friends, and all those people that must be living in fear in that river ridge apartment complex tonight.

I pray that LE is close to solving what happened and bringing this perp to justice...

like I said earlier this hits home hard for me.... my friend (in the early 80s) was abducted, beaten, raped, etc etc.. much the same as Jorelys... I just do not understand. I never will.

Just heard on local Atlanta news that there is an arrest in the case and there will be a press conference at 1:45. Thank you God.

Its been 24 hours since Brunn's arrest, and he just had his initial hearing. NO BOND, which is good news. I've been watching local news and cable news about this case since his arrest, trying to make some sense of this. Our local news traced his family to Dahlonga GA and interviewed his brother. Of course, his brother said his family doesn't believe he was involved in this crime. The news is reporting he has no criminal record, but there has been some blurbs about his family having to leave a northern state because of problems. Those problems were not defined. Keep in mind, Mr. Brunn is all of 20 years old. If he had problems or issues in another state, more than likely any criminal issues have been sealed since he was a juvenile. It is known that he graduated from a high school in Georgia. HLN has just reported that he was visably shaking during his hearing. I am straddling a fence about this guy right now. While I think he is probably the murderer, I would feel much better if LE would tell us they found blood in his apartment, his DNA on Jorleys, or something solid. All the news outlets are interviewing people that knew this guy and had conversations with him. They are saying how he helped with the searches, was seen watching the kids on the playground,
and made comments about how people could break into empty ground floor apartments and hurt kids. Why is my hinky meter not moving in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie