TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Cubby...if AD is to be believed about the phone calls. I think something was going on and JF tried to call his mother with the emergency and it was overheard...The mother repeatedly calls back but the phone keeps ringing because all hades has broken loose about JF's efforts. Mona may not have known who he called and therefore ask AD who she was...then confirms with JF it is his mother he called.

I have only read this current thread and my prayers are with the family and loved ones of JF, but there was really NO excuse for AD and DD in making up the babysitter story....except for putting their own fears of wrong doing before their child. I would be with the poster here who said she'd be running around the neighborhood asking if anyone had seen her child. Mother called and she has some stranger asking HER who SHE IS?...and then confirming that to her child...then hangs up....and then no one is in the house a few minutes later? I wouldn't be speculating logic...it already would have registered. I would have become that mother tiger and the one full of fear and rage at the same time. Bonkos.

There still is something hinky with the mother's story....imo. Not saying she had any part...except being deceptive and also scared of being a "snitch" for some reason. Curious to see how this all plays out in the motive.

JMO
Back to the other 5 threads now. :)

The State of Texas vs. NELSON, MONA YVETTE

File Date: 12/29/2010
Case (Cause) Status: Active - CRIMINAL
Offense: CAPITAL MURDER

Defendant Status: JAIL
Bond Amount: $0.00
Next/Last Setting Date: 1/3/2011

Race/Sex: BLACK / FEMALE
Eyes: BROWN
Skin: MEDIUM BROWN
DOB: 3/5/1966

Height/Weight: 5'08 / 130 LBS
Hair: BROWN
Build: MEDIUM
In Custody: Y

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/eDocs/Public/CaseDetailsFromJims.aspx?CaseNbr=129030601010&CDI=3

I guess she is just charged with murder, not with kidnapping too? I thought she was going to be charged with both... or are they two separate cases maybe?

I have such a hard time with inaccuracies... I am so OCD about these things. I know it probably isn't relevant... but it just doesn't seem that difficult to get the defendants description right.

I guess that brown hair is a matter of opinion... though it looks black to me.

But to screw up her physical description so badly is a bit ridiculous. At our jail they actually measure you and weigh you every time you are arrested. Do they do that there and someone just entered the details wrong? Or do they just like take your driver's license statistics or something? I don't get it...

IMHO, based on what we've heard so far on MSM's, there should be:

1. kidnapping
2. Capital Murder - First Degree
3. Abuse of a corpse

I wonder why they haven't charged her on 2 and 3? An accomplice perhaps?

Just MOO

Mel

What a sad start to the day. :(
Rest in peace, little man...

IIRC two of the three "favorites" for her books were the writers Anne Rice and Steven King..............."horror" books, that I can't read and then sleep.

ETA: I too speculate on steriods. Wasn't she just getting back into training? imo

I don't know - I think we find more horror on this MB than we would in any of those books. I'm a huge Dean Koontz fan, as well as Patterson. Me and my mom used to exchange books and then have lengthy conversations about them. It's the true crime books that I tend to stay away from (though I have bought a few). I can't grasp that her favorites would have anything to do with the murder -- but I could be wrong.

OTOH, if you look back at history, there have been many ritualistic killings on Christmas eve at midnight. Supposedly, Christmas Eve, is the "Grand Climax" in a Satanic calendar.

Satan's followers revel in the fact that the celebration of Christmas originated with their master and not from the Lord Most High. They sacrifice infant boys on altars all over the world at midnight, Christmas Eve while most Christians make merry— oblivious to these heinous goings-on.

I have no idea what the perp's religious views are, but it's an avenue worth travelling.

This post is to not offend any religious view, but to ponder over. I am extremely troubled by the fact that she would take a young boy, on Christmas Eve, and murder him -- for no reason whatsover (that has been released).

MOO

Mel

WOW! Oh how I wish I could read that...every time i go to MS my virus scan comes up and I get booted out!

I had the same problem with MN's myspace, someone has attached a virus, my norton caught it, and block it twice...so I left the sight! I have had this happen before on high profile cases!

I don't know - I think we find more horror on this MB than we would in any of those books. I'm a huge Dean Koontz fan, as well as Patterson. Me and my mom used to exchange books and then have lengthy conversations about them. It's the true crime books that I tend to stay away from (though I have bought a few). I can't grasp that her favorites would have anything to do with the murder -- but I could be wrong.

OTOH, if you look back at history, there have been many ritualistic killings on Christmas eve at midnight. Supposedly, Christmas Eve, is the "Grand Climax" in a Satanic calendar.

Satan's followers revel in the fact that the celebration of Christmas originated with their master and not from the Lord Most High. They sacrifice infant boys on altars all over the world at midnight, Christmas Eve while most Christians make merry— oblivious to these heinous goings-on.

I have no idea what the perp's religious views are, but it's an avenue worth travelling.

This post is to not offend any religious view, but to ponder over. I am extremely troubled by the fact that she would take a young boy, on Christmas Eve, and murder him -- for no reason whatsover (that has been released).

MOO

Mel

No offense intended mg, just that the subject matter of all three, including some cases here on WS are not a far cry from each other.
MN is just twisted. It's one thing to read or discuss each of the above, but to partake....is a whole new ballgame, imo.

Updated just a few minutes ago:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/index

View attachment 12987

Is that a smirk I see? :(

Mel

Thanks, I saw that earlier on the previous thread. I was looking for a mug shot on the jail site, sometimes they have them.

I questioned the pic earlier if it was a recent mug shot or not, wondered how the media got the mug shot so fast when she had not even been booked yet, kwim? Did the media actually get something right? <sarcasm, with the awful media reports in this case I couldn't help it! :innocent:

I am trying to catch up on everything.
I am a little confused on the arrest record. The weight and height and medium built?
Is that the woman that they were showing on yesterday that was heavyset and had on a corona tshirt?

I also am trying to catch up on where mom was staying. It looks like after all she was away from stepdad to protect Jonathan. I am still trying to catch up.

No offense intended mg, just that the subject matter of all three, including some cases here on WS are not a far cry from each other.
MN is just twisted. It's one thing to read or discuss each of the above, but to partake....is a whole new ballgame, imo.

No offense taken :) It was just something swirling in my mind that I wanted to throw out there. I remember this also came up in the Peterson Case, since Laci was presumed killed on Christmas Eve (though it could have been Christmas morning). I think it was Geragos saying it was a religious thang.

Best,

Mel

It's 3:00 AM here in San Diego. I woke up, my heart was racing, and the first person on my mind was Jonathan. My hubby is sick, so I've been off-line since early yesterday afternoon - but he never wavered from my thoughts.

I have a son not 2 years older than Jonathan. We live in a complex with a maintenance man, and yes, I'm sure he and the rental company have keys to this apartment. I've been a SAHM for 2 years now, and come January I need to go back to work. Yes, my son will be a LK kid.

I am shaking in my boots at what happened to this poor young innocent boy. God Bless him and hold him - it could be any one of us. I can't blame the mom - she was trying to earn a living. I certainly can't blame Jonathan, as he was doing what his momma told him to.

I am so so sorry Jonathan that this has happened to you. That evil crept into your safe haven and took you. My heart is broken - you remind me of my little boy. I will never ever forget you.

With tears.....

Mel

Hi Mel and all other apartment/flat renters,
I have been a single mom for most of my sons life and have always had to live in apartments. Knowing that too many people possibly had access to my apartment gave me the heebies so I would go against my lease and change the lock...I would give the apt. manager a key for the new lock...but I would also add another lock to the door without telling them. That was the only way I was able to sleep at night, it felt like a little added protection. Our safety overruled lease laws!
Hope this helps!

Reporter states MN is a neighbor and acquaitance of the mother and step-father.

According to the area LE referred to as to where Mona lives/crime took place and the address on the court docket entry that was mapped by a previous poster to the area JF disappeared from I would not be referring to the perp as a neighbor (her home is approx. 10 miles from JF's home) and I would not refer to the perp as an acquaitance of JF's mother if she had not met her until after JF disappeared.

MN is expected to go before a magistrate this morning (which is common, she will be arraigned) and word is there will be a presser later this morning.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7869821

I have never been an apartment complex dweller, hoping someone can answer this.

Is there such a thing as a master key that works on all the apts.?

Don't laugh at me, I really don't know but I keep thinking about the show One Day at a Time when Schneider the maintenance man always let himself in to the Cooper's apt., lol, anyone else recall that? Nowadays if you stop and think about it is a scary thought!

If Jonathan was there alone. Where did the reports on NG come from that he went home to get a video?

Can we assume that was just bits and peices of what reporters were getting and possibly assuming?

So there was no trip to apartment to get video game??

At times the media gets a mug shot photo from a previous arrests. When we saw the photo of Mona leaving with LE she had on a white tee shirt and in the photo posted she has on a gold shirt. JMO

IMHO, based on what we've heard so far on MSM's, there should be:

1. kidnapping
2. Capital Murder - First Degree
3. Abuse of a corpse

I wonder why they haven't charged her on 2 and 3? An accomplice perhaps?

Just MOO

Mel

Houston DA's are notorious for choosing the charge that gives them the most bang for buck-if she is charged with capital murder, they dont need to pursue the rest because she is facing the DP or LWOP because of the special circumstances.

FWIW, I think this was a robbery in progress and Mona was surprised by Jonathan's presence. :(

I will go back and read where I left off to see if there has been more info reported that states otherwise...

If Jonathan was there alone. Where did the reports on NG come from that he went home to get a video?

Can we assume that was just bits and peices of what reporters were getting and possibly assuming? no, the reporters were not assuming, it was said by Jonathan's mom

So there was no trip to apartment to get video game?? correct, that has been debunked

my answers in red

I lived in apartments for 40 years of my life and my superintendent always had a key to my apartment. My son rents a duplex and his landlord has a key to his place too! I always had another lock on my door and the superintendent never had that key. IF the superintendent needed to do work in my apartment while I was at work, I didn't lock the other lock. While I was home, both locks were engaged.

Where is the linked interview with Glenn? I would like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100