CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, where did you read that? I may have missed it. I know he lived in California and possible connection to Arizona and it appears he's traveled worldwide.

"He said he had much the same experience with the RCMP, Miami and Denver police, as well as reporters at Toronto media outlets."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/05/30/19819256-qmi.html

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is being said - is it possible he had tried to contact the other Departments about other videos? Or is he really talking about this video and contacted them?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/05/31/body-parts-killing-suspect.html

I read an article that stated Montreal Police BELIEVE the victim was reported missing.

It doesn't say Where or Who may have reported him missing...
IF a missing persons report was filed it may not have been filed with Montreal police but perhaps with another jurisdiction...
Metro Toronto perhaps?????

Good point. I didn't think the victim was perhaps from another province.

"He said he had much the same experience with the RCMP, Miami and Denver police, as well as reporters at Toronto media outlets."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/05/30/19819256-qmi.html

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is being said - is it possible he had tried to contact the other Departments about other videos? Or is he really talking about this video and contacted them?

hmmm sounds to me like it was about the same video. I understand the RCMP. Miami, perhaps because he wanted to move (if that's even true). As for Colorado, I'm not sure what the connection is.

Where were the kitten killings posted? Were they on this same site or on Youtube?

The problem is that there are millions of files on youtube. If one of those files appears to be a snuff film, the next question is whether it's fake. It doesn't take much to fake an image these days. Additionally, if a file is uploaded to a Canadian website, that doesn't mean that a Canadian uploaded it.

It seems to me that RCMP would not use their time investigating all possible files uploaded to Canadian hosted websites that may or may not be snuff films. When I say that it is not in the job description, I mean that without a clear connection to a crime, RCMP would not investigate ... neither would the FBI or Interpol or any other police force. It's impossible to police the fake files that are uploaded to the internet on the offhand chance that one is not fake.

I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you. I'm not sure how many times the RCMP or any LE agency gets reports about a live murder/dismemberment posted on a gore site.

If they don't investigate these, I don't know what the hell their job description is. Period.

The Toronto police thought it was a snuff film without even looking at it. Even when the lawyer told them he would send him the link, they told him not to bother.

What????:what:

hmmm sounds to me like it was about the same video. I understand the RCMP. Miami, perhaps because he wanted to move (if that's even true). As for Colorado, I'm not sure what the connection is.

Where were the kitten killings posted? Were they on this same site or on Youtube?

I tried to find the kitten videos and just found news clip and others speaking up against Luka, which is for the best.
Not sure I could handle watching animals being tortured or drown or a snuff film. :(
Not sure how it's even legal to post/host snuff films. I recall the FBI claiming there was no such market for snuff. Not buying it.

That is interesting ... the similarity between "Hollywood Sign" and "Conservative Party" makes me think that you may be onto something.

Gay connection: "Hervey Medellin shared a Hollywood apartment with his boyfriend and a dog"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/hervey-medellin-decapitated_n_1223489.html

The next question is whether Luka was in the area in January of this year. The similarity of head, hands and feet cut off and torso not found (perhaps put out with the garbage) ... I think you may be on to something. That may be a worthwhile tip to forward to investigators.

I was hoping others would catch the possible connection to H.M!
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160272&page=3

I tried to find the kitten videos and just found news clip and others speaking up against Luka, which is for the best.
Not sure I could handle watching animals being tortured or drown or a snuff film. :(
Not sure how it's even legal to post/host snuff films. I recall the FBI claiming there was no such market for snuff. Not buying it.

Trust me, you don't want to see the kitten videos. They have been described as: Remember the Space Bag commercials; substitute cats for sweaters and that describes Luka's actions...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Interpol was made aware of the "kitten killer" as well as the "vacuum kitten killer" and also Sir Cramsalot. He would wear a Santa Claus hat while he would taunt those trying to hunt him down and he is also very intelligent and computer savvy, do not underestimate him. He can and will hack into your accounts if he has a mind to. He will surface, he will not be able to resist, he will surface through social media. He loves the attention, thrives on his monsterous acts. We knew he would move on to humans, but could not get anyone to help or take it too serious. He does do some photoshopping but he does have international connections. He has ties to Florida here in the USA. I must now go look at the scenes of the apartment, curious as to if that is where he would torture the various animals I have seen on video over the past two years. ...IMHO

I want nothing more than this guy to be caught and brought to justice. I never take it personal when someone commits a crime, but in my days have never quite met a monster quite as evil as him. And no I have not met him personally, but have chatted with him....been hunting him for two years.... Now I must do some digging. If anyone knows of a thread where he is actually taunting or speaking would appreciate a lead on it. If not, there will be trust me...he will surface....IMHO

Thank you for that information. If he were to surface on the net, what sort of clue would you look for to identify him?

Anyone think the "fled the country" reports are red herrings? Knowing Luka is an internet addict fame *advertiser censored*, everyone thinking he's in Europe might make him comfortable popping up

Anyone think the "fled the country" reports are red herrings? Knowing Luka is an internet addict fame *advertiser censored*, everyone thinking he's in Europe might make him comfortable popping up

Anything is possible but getting Interpol involved would lead me to believe he really did take off overseas.

FBI is not involved yet so I'm guessing they have no reason to believe he's in the States (??)

Trust me, you don't want to see the kitten videos. They have been described as: Remember the Space Bag commercials; substitute cats for sweaters and that describes Luka's actions...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I heard the gory details from my coworkers even though I told them not to tell me. Horrific. I don't know how else to describe it.

This is a sick sick man.

I wonder what kind of dog Medellin had ... there is a photo of LRM with a small white dog at some point, but nothing to indicate he has had one in recent weeks. Also, I would be interested in knowing who reported this Asian victim missing. IIRC, it was Medellin's roomie/bf that reported him missing, but to my knowledge, the b/f has never been identified and when reporters showed up, he never let them in (there is one grainy photo taken through blinds, but hard to tell what the guy looks like).

I suspect LE is reading here, and if there is anything really noteworthy, they will be checking into it. They should be on this like cheese on pizza.

That's exactly what I was wondering. In the video where he pretends that others are accusing him of dating Homolka, he claims that his pomeranian was stolen from his car ... most likely a lie. I wonder if the dog is with the victim's roommate or if that too is missing ... and if missing, could it have been taken by Luka.

I know that police in the US sometimes check social media, but I wouldn't be too confident that this is happening in Canada. In the US, pretrial info is all over the place, so police check what's being posted to locate people that are leaking information, bothering the accused's family and so on. I know that happened with a case that was recenty tried in North Carolina ... tracking down people that were leaking info and interfering with the accused. In Canada, info is not leaked in the same way, so police would have no real reason to waste money on someone reading forums all day long. I think the connection you made between this case and the one in Hollywood is excellent and that it's worthwhile calling it in as a tip ... it doesn't mean it will go anywhere, but it might.

fromTwitter:

john lancaster‏@jlancasterCBC

Media outlets now showing up at downtown #Toronto home possibly linked to Magnotta.

I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with you. I'm not sure how many times the RCMP or any LE agency gets reports about a live murder/dismemberment posted on a gore site.

If they don't investigate these, I don't know what the hell their job description is. Period.

The Toronto police thought it was a snuff film without even looking at it. Even when the lawyer told them he would send him the link, they told him not to bother.

What????:what:

There are jurisdictional boundaries. Without knowing that the file was uploaded from within the judisdiction, it's not in the job description.

Ugh! I DID NOT want to know the graphic details of the kitten killings, but I most certainly know them now after reading this thread. I sure wish a "WARNING" would have been posted before the details were disclosed. I am sick and shaking now. I know...my fault for following this thread, but still...a warning would have been great.

It seems like a pretty strong connection to me ... all we need is someone to place Luka in the area in January 2012.

Well, if we can do that, then i'll send it in. These guys probably have a gazillion peeps sending in stuff with with ever hunch, gut feel and spec imaginable. All another non-solid tip does is tie them up even further in trying to wade through all this stuff.

Don't know if you remember in the VS case ... OPP contacted WS re a warning re the publication ban. The internet is crawling with these guys.

Toronto police accused of ignoring tip about Magnotta

A U.S. lawyer is accusing Canadian police of dropping the ball after he tried to tip them off when he came across a gruesome online video believed to show Luka Magnotta committing the crime brutal murder and dismemberment of an unidentified man last week.

Montana lawyer Ricahrd Renville told CTV News that he contacted various Canadian police forces about the video last weekend, but none took action.

"I saw a video that clearly shows a brutal murder that runs for about 10 and a half minutes. The video includes things that I can't even say right now, they are just horrendous," he told CTV.

Renville claims he contacted various law enforcement agencies in Canada and the United States but none showed much interest with the exception of the RCMP.

Toronto Police were not immediately available for comment.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...-police-tip-120531/20120531/?hub=MontrealHome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee