GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Maybe something happened to Mariha earlier in the evening and whoever it was left her to sleep it off, thinking she'd get better, and only realized that she was dead in the early morning hours, panicking and making a really hasty plan to get rid of her body.

Maybe something happened to Mariha earlier in the evening and whoever it was left her to sleep it off, thinking she'd get better, and only realized that she was dead in the early morning hours, panicking and making a really hasty plan to get rid of her body.

That makes ALOT of sense...

I think something happening to the little girl earlier and someone panicking does make a lot of sense...

You're right. That video is EXTREMELY unclear. Black man, healthy slim weight, maybe 6 feet tall, white polo shirt with blue trim and dark shorts. Shaved head or very short hair. Between 19-40 years old.

I think he has a do-rag on. JMO.

It does make a lot of sense, except there were SO MANY people there, someone would have said something. There were relatives, and other children, if something that caused her to die in her sleep had happened, I just feel certain that would come out by now.

I wonder if the clerk gave insight into the demeanor of the guy. Panicked, high, chatty, silent...KWIM? .41 worth of gas has to stick out a little unless that is a common occurence.

I keep thinking with the head being crushed that could it be possible someone may have been drunk driving backing up and hit her with the car??

would that have been an considered an accident ...?

Or Vehicular homicide???

If she her skull was crushed in the house, wouldnt LE have found evidence of it? I am sure their first approach must have been something abuse related. That is SOP for someone who kills a child right? They either call 911 reporting a mysterious accident or death, or they disappear the child...maybe I am being too simplistic.

I wonder if the clerk gave insight into the demeanor of the guy. Panicked, high, chatty, silent...KWIM? .41 worth of gas has to stick out a little unless that is a common occurrence.

Also I didn't see any outside footage of him pumping the gas...

Down here every gas pump at BP has a camera on it...

Right now, (for me) unless there is a direct quote from LE stating QS failed the poly, I'm taking info from family as finger pointing.

As far as I saw QS was being held on traffic tickets non related to the disappearance of Mariha.

It might be that she obtained prescription drugs for Mariha's mom illegally and that is what she lied about? That's just a guess.

As far as I've read, I thought QS did NOT attend the party Saturday night. Or at least I haven't seen she did attend the party.

Still confused.

I'm just praying LE id's the POI who purchased the .41 or .57 cents worth of gas. Once that person is id'd the rest of the pieces will fall in place.

I used to work at a gas station (about 4 years ago) and sometimes people stopped in with their tanks empty and just put in as much gas as they could buy with the change in their pockets. (Of course back then the change in your pocket would get more gas than it does now!)

But I guess the POI is doing something other than that if LE is so concerned about him.

What I am Confused about is in some reports it say he gave them $20.00 and didn't come back to get the change.

Now if you only had a small container WHY would you give them a $20.00?

why not give them a $20.00 and say I only need about a dollars worth and get your change before you went to put the gas in???

What I am Confused about is in some reports it say he gave them $20.00 and didn't come back to get the change.

Now if you only had a small container WHY would you give them a $20.00?

why not give them a $20.00 and say I only need about a dollars worth and get your change before you went to put the gas in???

IIRC, he gave the clerk a $20 for $2 worth of gas. He got his $18 back, but didn't come back for the $1.59.

I hope those who work for other gas stations in this immediate area are paying close attention to the survelliance that was released by LE.

If this guy drives he probably doesn't regularly fill up at this particular BP, but he is probably a regular customer at a gas station not far.

If he was on foot that morning hopefully someone remembers seeing someone walking with a container of gas. He likely would have walked down Dexter to Waverly and then down Waverly to the house. Also, just because he was seen running from the house doesn't mean he didn't have a car parked a little bit away he got into or had someone waiting for him.

This area looked rough when I did the street view. The BP is on one main interesection. The other main intersection which I looked at first (about a half mile or mile away) which has a McDonalds and two other gas stations, one was a mobil looked less rough.

I don't know if there were any witnesses seeing him walking. Or if there is a vehicle of interest based any surevlliance found.

The cashier should be able to give a more detailed description and also there should be people in and around that area who might know him. Hopefully.

This is exactly what I think happened :(

When you all are watching the video of the person buying gas, does it look to you that he looks right at the camera before he goes through the doors and leaves? Creepy.

This is exactly what I think happened :(

When you all are watching the video of the person buying gas, does it look to you that he looks right at the camera before he goes through the doors and leaves? Creepy.

I think he didn't realize there was a camera, saw it and that is why he didn't come back for the change from the $2 he prepaid gas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back