What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must prefice this post to Mods..as this link is a blog by someone who attended a seminar by Cheney Mason regarding "Defense Theory's"...Please remove if inappropriate or move to wherever you feel is more appropriate~~

IF you read this it sort of explains just where CM is going with his methods...including bringing in the " United States v. Alfonso-Perez, 535 F. 2d 1362 (U.S. 2d Cir. 1976)." into his closings...

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/03/the-theory-of-the-defense/

:twocents:

RH is a member here at Websleuths LyndyLoo - you will see him pop in and out with legal opinions here every once in a while.

RH is a member here at Websleuths LyndyLoo - you will see him pop in and out with legal opinions here every once in a while.

Thanks so much Logicalgirl..I am relatively new to this site, and dont wish to break any TOS rules....So thankyou for reassuring me...phewwwww

Well then, his (RH) opinion is then very relevent then..This case law CM suggested doesnt fit the situations here ..as I heard clearly Judge Perry was very familiar with the case...Hummm..

Dont know about you..but I just cant wait til the rulings come down!!

I think the defense has plan A and backup plan B.
Plan A: Have the Zanny scenario thrown out by the judge without having to put KC on the stand to retract those statements; someone else did it and put the body there. Dispute the forensics, LE and the FBI and hope to raise reasonable doubt.
Plan B: Get rid of the Zanny scenario by putting KC on the stand (a last ditch effort if Zanny statements not thrown out by the judge), KC claims it was an accident and put the body there out of fear and lied. Serves some time, but not life or DP.
I can't think of anything else they to work with...:waitasec:

I'm going with the accident, coverup scenario. Put KC on the stand where she can cry her eyes out, apologize to her mother through the tears, say she was scared and didn't know what to do, etc.

I think THIS strategy best fits all of the evidence. PLUS, it would give her less time and a better chance for a speedy parole than really any other scenario.

If they are going to invent some other perp, then they are back to square one, and they might as well stick with Zanny.

If they are going to select a real live person to point the finger at, they are going to have to battle some rock-solid alibis.

So, I see the accident theory coming into play. I have no doubt about it.

That video makes me so angry especially when she says "my entire life has been taken from me"

REALLY???? What about Caylee's life? :banghead:

Angry yes but ICAs good for a chuckle in it too. She refers to spending the last month in her room( not cell) and not getting angry and frushtrated until that call.
They took away her life, but not her room. :crazy:

I'm going with the accident, coverup scenario. Put KC on the stand where she can cry her eyes out, apologize to her mother through the tears, say she was scared and didn't know what to do, etc.
I think THIS strategy best fits all of the evidence. PLUS, it would give her less time and a better chance for a speedy parole than really any other scenario.
If they are going to invent some other perp, then they are back to square one, and they might as well stick with Zanny.
If they are going to select a real live person to point the finger at, they are going to have to battle some rock-solid alibis.
So, I see the accident theory coming into play. I have no doubt about it.

You are right, of course, the ACCIDENT theory is their very best option.

However, I have a hard time seeing Casey agreeing to this. I think her attorneys have already begged her to admit to accidental death and to cop a plea deal. She could have done that years ago and she would be close to being out already. Nope, I think she is too stubbornly delusional to take that
realistic option.

I think they are going to try to get rid of as much evidence as they can upfront. When that plan fails they are going to throw Daddy under the bus and imply he was the guilty party. imo

However, I have a hard time seeing Casey agreeing to this. I think her attorneys have already begged her to admit to accidental death and to cop a plea deal. She could have done that years ago and she would be close to being out already. Nope, I think she is too stubbornly delusional to take that
realistic option.

I think they are going to try to get rid of as much evidence as they can upfront. When that plan fails they are going to throw Daddy under the bus and imply he was the guilty party. imo

I have thought the same thing for sometime now.

If I remember correctly, LA said he lied to his sister during their visit. GA said he would lie to save ICA. Yuri said he lied to ICA when he was on the stand. It is truly a toss-up. Which witness do they want to suppress the most?

okay, im a bit late to the show here but when i saw your message here...i immediately thought of an episode of mystery science theater, episode movie "i accuse my parents", (for which i was actually watching earlier tonight...seen it before...love it) where everyone in the movie lies (mainly the main character). and anytime someone lied they would sing in unison "LIAR-LIAR-" and a funny noise after, and at one point servo sings his own lyrics to a song in the movie that went "are...you...grooooven...with your cooocoo work?" i just think of casey there...maybe at fusion, bumpin and grinden and chowen down on sushi she said she hates but loves on cupid.com(?) or facebook? or however that went.

okay, im a bit late to the show here but when i saw your message here...i immediately thought of an episode of mystery science theater, episode movie "i accuse my parents", (for which i was actually watching earlier tonight...seen it before...love it) where everyone in the movie lies (mainly the main character). and anytime someone lied they would sing in unison "LIAR-LIAR-" and a funny noise after, and at one point servo sings his own lyrics to a song in the movie that went "are...you...grooooven...with your cooocoo work?" i just think of casey there...maybe at fusion, bumpin and grinden and chowen down on sushi she said she hates but loves on cupid.com(?) or facebook? or however that went.
IKR... six of one, half a dozen of the other, take your pick - They're ALL LIARS

I must prefice this post to Mods..as this link is a blog by someone who attended a seminar by Cheney Mason regarding "Defense Theory's"...Please remove if inappropriate or move to wherever you feel is more appropriate~~

IF you read this it sort of explains just where CM is going with his methods...including bringing in the " United States v. Alfonso-Perez, 535 F. 2d 1362 (U.S. 2d Cir. 1976)." into his closings...

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2011/03/the-theory-of-the-defense/

:twocents:

Thanks so much Logicalgirl..I am relatively new to this site, and dont wish to break any TOS rules....So thankyou for reassuring me...phewwwww

Well then, his (RH) opinion is then very relevent then..This case law CM suggested doesnt fit the situations here ..as I heard clearly Judge Perry was very familiar with the case...Hummm..

Dont know about you..but I just cant wait til the rulings come down!!

realistic option.

Now I see why CMason is stuck in the 70's....:maddening:

TLenamon tried to get the DP off the table with her having a 'psychotic' break in reality. He did write a letter about PPD and then was let go...He still has tons of stuff up about ICA and very interesting to say the least. he mentions WS and doesn't see that ICA is given any mercy! Does she deserve mercy???

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/tags/casey-anthony-case/

I'm trying to find the letter TLenamon wrote to HHSS....he did contend to mental health mitigation but this strategy for trial was nixed by Baez/ICA??
Lenamon said he had a very limited time with Anthony. He said he and Baez had "a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation."

Translation? "I am suggesting a route to take, and Mr. Baez is disagreeing with me. He is lead counsel."
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html

I still can't locate the actual document but the blow is the gist of it...
Terence Lenamon, an attorney hired by Casey Anthony's defense team, gave prosecutors a report in November outlining why the mother should not receive the death penalty. It cites Casey Anthony's erratic behavior since the child's disappearance, arguing it shows Anthony was under emotional or mental distress. It also mentions she lacks a history of criminal activity, including child abuse.
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/dec/07/state-wont-seek-death-penalty-against-missing-orla/

ICA wouldn't go for that then and I believe she won't go with this defense now! It appears to me, she wants nothing less than an acquittal or a not guilty plea. See, IMO, she needs to keep these lies going which is how she thrives and she believes she can't be connected to where Caylee's remains were found, just as CA has stated, there's no DNA, there's no fibers, there's nothing linking ICA to the remains being found site....at least in their mind but there is strong, incriminating evidence to show otherwise...it would be her best defense and might save her from a sentence of death...but ICA thinks she knows it all....:loser:JMHO

Justice for Caylee

10/02/08
Matt L. Interviewer
Kerry S. Reporter

ML: Now there's been a major twist in the case involving the girl's twenty-two year old mother, Casey. We have an exclusive interview with Casey Anthony's ex-fiance in a moment but first the latest from NBC's Kerry Sanders.
(skip)

KS: Well, good morning Matt, the dectives were calling her a "person of interest", they've now upped the language to "the suspect." These are carefully chosen words by the OCSO who after two weeks say all of the evidence points to just one person responsible for Caylee's disappearance-Casey Anthony.

KS: Casey Anthony, the suspect. The term deliberatly selected by investigators who for the first time used that loaded language in an interview with the Orlando wfld reporter Bob Keeling.
Video Report
BK: Is the sheriff's department, at this point calling her a suspect?
Capt. Nieves: Well, she was the last person to see her daughter alive. We are continuing to follow up on that information.

KS: Casey Anthony's attorney says he sees little difference between the terms, "person of interest" and "suspect." He says every step of the way investigators have tried to intimidate Casey Anthony, three times arresting her on unrelated charges because he says they don't have the evidence to prove she did anything criminal with her daughter. JB: It does her no good to show her cards to give the prosecution any advantage that they have in putting her away for the rest of their, her life. Which is what they are trying to do they can't get what they want throught the front door so they're trying ot sneek in the back door.
KS: Twenty-two year old Casey Anthony, now under house arrest has stuck to her inital story that she left her daughter at an orlando area apartment with a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez.
Video Report
ZG: How did she come up with my name? How did she get me involved in this?
KS: Gonzalez says she is not a babysitter and has never met Caylee or Casey. All she had done was sign a visitors card to view a unit at the same apartment complex where Casey would later tell police she left her daughter.
ZG: Fifteen minutes I was in there, those fifteen minutes have changed my life.

KS: In recently released tapes Cindy Anthony tells investigators she suspects Casey's one time fiance' Jesse Grund.
CA: Well, my number one suspect is, has been Jesse all along.
LE: We know Jesse does not have Caylee
(end)

"They arrested me on a ****ing whim." "They just want me to confess to something I didn't do." I think this is the whole defense. The whole case should be thrown out, in their opinions, because Casey cannot believe they had/have the nerve to question her. I believe the opinions that say, this is a true sociopath: she is bent on "showing them." In this defense, you can sense how strongly Casey feels she was wronged by LE. There exists no Caylee, no Caylee as victim. There does exist, Casey as ultimate victim and utimate victor-only.

The defense is that Casey is innocent. And the plan is to blame and deny. How else would you defend some one who does nothing but lie, blame and deny? I have wondered what is it exactly Casey has been telling her team, especially Jose. She has been telling them "how" she is innocent. The script of her innocence that her parents, by her courtroom hearing reactions, do not always follow to her satisfaction.

On the subject of LE and their investigation of this case. What LE did and didn't do is no secret and they are not ashamed or hiding anything. The Anthonys(George and Cindy)and the defense(Casey and Jose)are making, trying to prove that LE was sitting on their thumbs while having already decided Casey was guilty but that is just not fact. They followed up on everything, all the information Casey gave them, plus all of the "clues." The reason LE knew Casey was lying was because they had done an investigation into all information that was given by the Anthonys and anyone interviewed.

The Sunshine Law Documents in this case alone, show there was quite the investigation. I think the defense will have to go full on conspiracy here to get a jury's attention. Are they saying LE was inept, and lazy and just didn't want to look any further than Casey? Or, this was an organized effort by LE to accuse Casey, create evidence/tamper with evidence with the agenda of framing/making an innocent mother look guilty of killing her toddler?
:cow:

After re-watching last week's hearing and the closing arguments on the 7th, I have a very good idea what the defence's strategy will be.

The defence strategy condensed: *Jazz Hands*

realistic option.

The problem I see with this is the blockbuster video showing Casey not having a care in the world and multiple witnesses that were around her at that time and noticed nothing different or distressing about her behavior. Then you have the method of how Caylee was gotten rid of. I know that sounds harsh but that's exactly what it is. Casey disposed of her daughter like trash.

Normal people call for help in an emergency. Casey did not. Normal people do not ride around with a corpse in their trunk. Normal people don't do most of the things Casey has done. But most importantly mothers that love their child do not act in the manner that Casey has.

Good luck with that defense!:maddening:

Realistically speaking, how many (imo) credible defenses are used in a murder case?

Self-Defense: NO.
Insufficient Proof or Evidence: NO, but JB keeps trying.
Factual Innocence: NO, unless JB can produce the Imaginanny.
Insanity: NO, she's definitely crazy like a fox but not insane. imo, the threshold is too high for this to fly.
Mental Defect: YES, let's follow the bread crumbs. Denial of pregnancy; unbearable, controlling mother; allegations of molestation. Dr. Gold's visit in late 2010. With his penchant for the dramatic, I wouldn't put past JB to claim that KC was in a fugue state brought on by the defendant's own mother when she tried to choke her. She doesn't remember! AHA moment.

Disclaimer: I have too much time on my hands and I just watched Primal Fear.

Dr. Krop. Hmmmmm..........

I have to disagree about Casey destroying Baez and Mason's reputations. They did that themselves when they took her on as their client. Mason definately knew better as he had commented on her case long before he became her lawyer. Baez, I guess we can just chalk him up to being a bit dense in his logical thinking. Both of them could have done a better job than what they have shown but it appears that both appear to love the media attention to much and cares even less for what others think of them as people and lawyers.

I agree that they are doing this to themselves. No doubt about it! I meant KC as in her case. Just the mere act of defending her and the way they are going about it is unbelievable. I wish the SA could play that clip of CM where he is stating on television that KC will get life and it will be a circus. I can't fathom how he went from that to defending her. It's unreal. JMO.

The problem I see with this is the blockbuster video showing Casey not having a care in the world and multiple witnesses that were around her at that time and noticed nothing different or distressing about her behavior. Then you have the method of how Caylee was gotten rid of. I know that sounds harsh but that's exactly what it is. Casey disposed of her daughter like trash.

Normal people call for help in an emergency. Casey did not. Normal people do not ride around with a corpse in their trunk. Normal people don't do most of the things Casey has done. But most importantly mothers that love their child do not act in the manner that Casey has.

Good luck with that defense!:maddening:

You are right. But what if the defense tries to say that Casey was afraid of her Dad, who had abused her for years. What if they say that HE was the one who took Caylee to teach Casey a lesson. And he tild her to act as if nothing was wrong.
So she didn't say anything and she was carefree because she never thought he would hurt her.
And what if they say that Daddy put the body in the car trunk? He had a set of keys. Maybe she didn't know because he put it in while she slept one night, then removed it. So the stank was there but she did not know what it was.

And maybe Dad told her if she told anyone he would kill her and the family. So she kept quiet. { I do not believe this obviously, but could one or two jurors be fooled? ]

You are right. But what if the defense tries to say that Casey was afraid of her Dad, who had abused her for years. What if they say that HE was the one who took Caylee to teach Casey a lesson. And he tild her to act as if nothing was wrong.
So she didn't say anything and she was carefree because she never thought he would hurt her.
And what if they say that Daddy put the body in the car trunk? He had a set of keys. Maybe she didn't know because he put it in while she slept one night, then removed it. So the stank was there but she did not know what it was.

And maybe Dad told her if she told anyone he would kill her and the family. So she kept quiet. { I do not believe this obviously, but could one or two jurors be fooled? ]

You've been following this case too long. Your story sounds too much like another Casey story. :floorlaugh:

Where did George keep Caylee? Where is Cindy in all of this? Who kept Caylee while he worked? What lesson? A bad mother? How did Caylee die then on George's watch? Until there is evidence of GA or LA abusing Casey I call BS.

She's a pathological liar and thief to boot. I think the defense would be better off if they used those facts to help explain her actions. Present evidence to the jury to prove Casey just lies and lies like crazy to everyone, often times without a reason. She can't help herself. Why believe her story about the nanny was any different?

You've been following this case too long. Your story sounds too much like another Casey story. :floorlaugh:

Where did George keep Caylee? Where is Cindy in all of this? Who kept Caylee while he worked? What lesson? A bad mother? How did Caylee die then on George's watch? Until there is evidence of GA or LA abusing Casey I call BS.

She's a pathological liar and thief to boot. I think the defense would be better off if they used those facts to help explain her actions. Present evidence to the jury to prove Casey just lies and lies like crazy to everyone, often times without a reason. She can't help herself. Why believe her story about the nanny was any different?

It is obviously B.S. I am just saying that the defense needs to point the finger of blame somewhere else and george is the perfect patsy for them.

And the defense does not have to prove someone else did it, just that someone else could have done it. He 'could have' killed Caylee himself on the 16th. All of the things that we say Casey did, they can say George did them.
George could have hid her in the yard at first, then the trunk of the car, to frame Casey. Cindy wouldn't know, she tought the baby was with Casey.

Once Casey figured out that her Dad killed the baby she was so scared she hid from him. And she has stayed in jail to keep safely away from him, until her attorneys finally share the truth. [ really far fetched I know, but they are desperate imo.]

If defense is going to claim LE lied won't that encourage SA to bring in the jailhouse tape where KC claims the police are not listening to her, that they are not checking out the leads. The leads, of course, are her statements before and at Universal which are all lies. So how do police lie about a lie. All they have to go on are lies, every single one of them. jmo

It is obviously B.S. I am just saying that the defense needs to point the finger of blame somewhere else and george is the perfect patsy for them.

And the defense does not have to prove someone else did it, just that someone else could have done it. He 'could have' killed Caylee himself on the 16th. All of the things that we say Casey did, they can say George did them.
George could have hid her in the yard at first, then the trunk of the car, to frame Casey. Cindy wouldn't know, she tought the baby was with Casey.

Once Casey figured out that her Dad killed the baby she was so scared she hid from him. And she has stayed in jail to keep safely away from him, until her attorneys finally share the truth. [ really far fetched I know, but they are desperate imo.]

Problem is GA did not have KC's car and from the 16th on we would know where he was. KC showed up at Tony's without Caylee and GA was at work. KC admits on the jailhouse tapes that she has not had a good relationship with her father (probably because he tried to set boundries) so her covering for him is very doubtful. Nothing stopping her from turning him in now and she was not afraid to admit he may have molestered her (she's really not sure) so why wouldn't she admit GA was responsible for Caylee's death to her friend if her intent was to make GA look bad.

GA just admitted in open court that he would do anything, sell his soul to the devil to save Caylee and basically save KC. So anything he'd admit to now to save KC's life would be highly suspect. GA is not credible and now even more so than CA (which is hard to believe because I thought no one could top CA).

Besides that, and this is very gross to think about, but the duct tape on Caylee's face were torn very irregularly and we know from GA's statement he is very meticulous when it comes to tearing duct tape and putting it neatly on that gas can.

Grandparents are so different when it comes to children because THEY CAN WALK AWAY from that responsibility, parents can't. So grandparents are so much less likely to kill their grandchildren. Mothers who feel held back from the life they want to lead and a child/children are preventing them or holding them back are the one's more likely to do something drastic. KC fits the mold. It suits her well from her reactions in court when her daughter's name is mentioned. She is totally disconnected from "that child". jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk