LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is absolutely blown by everything from yesterday. Cannot even wrap my head around it. I'm afraid there is a lot more that will come to light in the coming days. So many prayers for Mickey's and Lisa's families. My heart breaks for them.

http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Summary=County&State=22

Vehicle data for Louisiana. Closest date to July 3rd 1999 that had a vehicle fatality is 6/28/99 or 7/9/99 for Acadia Parish, LA Both were on I-10

That area is right near the boundary line between Acadia and St. Landry. This shows 2 accidents in St. Landry parish that could be the "one." http://www.melissadata.com/Lookups/CountyAccidents.asp?Year=1999&Fips=22097

The one from 7/3/99 looks interesting due to the date, but indicates only one person in the car at the time of the crash. Also SR 361 is over 30 miles from Brigman Hwy (SR 358), it's north of Port Barre. Laffy Taffy said the accident was near the site she was found. LT also said the accident was the night LP went missing - the last time she was seen alive was in June 1999 according to reports. So the accident on 6/19/99 to me has to be the one. It's on Hwy 95, which intersects with Brigman Hwy (at a curve I might add with a deep ditch). Lists 3 occupants in the vehicle - could be #1 BSL, #2 friend who was killed in crash, #3 friend who was paralyzed in crash. I think there must've been more that the surviving friend saw or heard days/weeks afterwards to come up with possible date of death as 7/3/99. Speculating BSL could've visited this friend (maybe still in hospital or rehab d/t paralysis) on 7/3/99 and at this time threatened to burn down her house, as was mentioned earlier, and at this time BSL could've told the friend LP was dead. Could this friend and the other who was killed have seen LP alive but held captive at the camp on 6/19/99, surprising BSL. The 2 friends see "something," freak out and run back to their car. BSL chases them, jumps in the car, they are arguing and the driver looses control. BSL could've jumped in back seat, that's why he survived unscathed unlike his friends??

I remember that case. It had to be molestation of someone else's mutt for charges to stick. :what:

I believe, however, that the woman's name in the paper for the photographs may have been quite the punishment in and of itself. Can you imagine the whispers when she was grocery shopping?

Where? Petsmart?:D

Just watching some Mickey moments on YouTube balling my eyes out, she was so down to earth, had the world at her feet may you RIP beautiful angel

You all probably will think I'm nuts but I cannot let go of me thinking that BSL was in TENN. and took Holly Bobo: BSL wore fatigues. I'm probably way off but my gut and mind just keeps going there. I don't know why.

Just checking in on things, I am not surprised by this new development at all. Once he was arrested and we got an idea of what type of person he was I knew there would be more, and I am sure it hasn't ended yet. I just hope whoever his other victims may be will be discovered so their families can have some closure.

FYI - This popped up on my FB
http://www.wafb.com/story/19036955/albany-teen-missing

This accident rumor back in 1999, if speculation is true, man it sounds like BSL was very hungry for the kill.

He won't give up Micky because he found a place where I think many many other woman will be found if he does. MOO

You all probably will think I'm nuts but I cannot let go of me thinking that BSL was in TENN. and took Holly Bobo: BSL wore fatigues. I'm probably way off but my gut and mind just keeps going there. I don't know why.

Always trust your gut instincts, i listened to mine in this case and everything I thought was true has been proven true/fact. I have briefly read about Lauren spierer, holly bobo, brittney wood and brittanee Drexel I randomly came across these girls and Mickey and was quiet interested in these cases, but I have been drawn to mickeys the most. All I would say is that anything is possible with bsl and we were shocked about the second charge of murder that's just tw beginning of the shocking story I believe.

wonder if Tim Miller searched the area there on Jesse Rd by that little bridge? Lot of trees and some water in that area. 30.505289,-92.239488

There are many types of camo. I believe HB's abductor has been described as wearing turkey hunting camo, which is quite different that Army fatigues camo.

I don't believe BSL has the great ability to silence people with some kind of threats. Seems more like that's an area he frequented. He couldn't manipulate not being injured in a crash that severe. There's no control to that scenario, and obviou that's one thing he likes to have. I believe the accident was truly just that. It just so happened that the body was hidden in an area he frequented. You know, what truly saddens me is if LE had done a better investigation of that scene at the time, maybe we wouldn't be missing Mickey, and God only knows how many other women he's preyed upon. Thus, such is life. Hindsight is always 20/20. Wish none of the families were suffering.

Its very very very sad. Over the past few days I have been uncovering extremely horrifying things he went through as a child pretty much from the time he was born. The pain and hatred he must have felt had to be incredible. I feel very very sad for brandon that he was so twisted in the head that he was driven to do these evil things. what he did was unforgivable and heart breaking, yet somehow I feel as if he is a victim of his father and a victim of his own twisted reality that resulted from years and years of extreme physical and mental abuse. It makes me very very very sad.

I want to just tell everybody everything i know but ive been told not to talk about it, but I feel that everyone should know the truth however im very conflicted right now im not sure what to do honestly.

thanks to everyone who sent me a kind PM sorry my inbox got full very quick and i missed quite a few messages.

You seem to be a good man with a compassionate heart and I feel much like you do. I don't for one minute condone what Brandon has done, but in my opinion, there are only victims here. My heart is sad for everyone.

If another person has come forward and told LE about what happened with Lisa, and she lived a few days after being "taken", that would make sense of the dates, missing in late June, death estimated on or about July 3rd.

If thats true and they were silent about it for all this time, even when she was still alive.... Then I domt even know what to say about that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

If thats true and they were silent about it for all this time, even when she was still alive.... Then I domt even know what to say about that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

it could be that while the person was in the hospital that BSL went to visit said person and he told person then what he did days after the fact or even months. Its all about the timing. I agree, I wish the person would have told sooner but your looking at a person who was paralyzed, who could not run, and BSL threatened this person.

Edit to add and of course at this point it is all RUMORED

Reading Busted In Acadiana's article Could BSL be a serial killer this morning, I am astonished where they say the found more then a couple ID cards, and are working with other agencies. This is the creep of the creepy kind of guy. I would post the link but I'm posting from my phone... The fact that this guy lived 20 miles from my house creeps me out even more. Not trying to say anything about all offenders, but I am seriously taking that notice about a sex offender moving into my town a street over much more seriously now. It's just too risky not to pay attention now days.

Any new developments on that body that was discovered near Atlanta, TX? I have not seen anything new as of this morning. I am really starting to wonder what other murders BSL will be linked to. I was in shock yesterday...literally I was in front of the tv "Yes! they have enough evidence to convict him" "The ****!? a second murder charge!?" Crazy just crazy! Everyone keep digging up information!

Yeah I'm wondering to. I wish we could get our hands on the list of hunters that were there for the Coon Hunt right before Holly came up missing.

Hi everyone. I'm new to Websleuths and impressed with everyone's sleuthing. QQ. I've read a lot about BSL burning down house, even photos people have seen. Can anyone point me to link for these stories/picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa