CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could make LE convinced that Dylan did not set off on foot and then have some sort of accident? Just because he hasn't been found? We know that people often are not found after accidents for months, even if inside a large vehicle. So why/how can they rule that out?

What could make LE convinced that Dylan did not set off on foot and then have some sort of accident? Just because he hasn't been found? We know that people often are not found after accidents for months, even if inside a large vehicle. So why/how can they rule that out?

I have no idea. They don't seem to have evidence that he is dead (such as large amount of blood, for example).

I wondered too about the things LE have ruled out. Not speaking specifically of Dylan here, but if someone wanted to run away, wouldn't they know they could be tracked by their cell phone? Wouldn't someone who wanted to run away ditch anything that could cause them to be found (if they didn't want to be found)?

Maybe they didn't do anything of those things ...??

Maybe they came home and MR put groceries up, went in to take a shower, came back out and DR had fallen asleep on the couch?

We just don't know.

imo

And maybe LE has asked all those questions and has the answers, but have not released that info to the public. Key to your post 'We just don't know'. jmo

I wondered too about the things LE have ruled out. Not speaking specifically to Dylan here, but if someone wanted to run away, wouldn't they know they could be tracked by their cell phone? Wouldn't someone who wanted to run away ditch anything that could cause them to be found (if they didn't want to be found)?

Yes, especially for adults.

However, I think it's very unusual for someone in this age category. Usually at 13 even if you do runaway, the novelty wears off. You want to, at some point, connect to your old life. Your world is too small at 13 to really just start over.

Yes, especially for adults.

However, I think it's very unusual for someone in this age category. Usually at 13 even if you do runaway, the novelty wears off. You want to, at some point, connect to your old life. Your world is too small at 13 to really just start over.

ITA. 13 year old is not going to be able to support him or herself. Also, Dylan is described as being happy living with his mother. Even if he wasn't happy about staying with his father for week, and decided to run away, why wouldn't he contact his mother immediately or soon thereafter? So that doesn't add up.

I'd also want to ask if anyone has searched his HOME computer? Like his email, facebook messages, etc. Does his mom have his passwords? Does computer usage (beyond the history) show any secret email accounts or message boards?

Online predators, or secret plans are unlikely at 13- but worth considering.

From the Daily Times article:

“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.

LE has been saying abduction, kidnapping, or foul play. I assumed they meant abduction as in taken by a predator while walking/hitchhiking towards his friends in Bayfield type of scenario, and kidnapping as in squirreled away by a relative/friend/acquaintance because of the contentiousness between the parents and custody issues (I'll just put it that way) type of scenario.

I realized, looking at the map of the area, with the one road in/out, that a random predator - or even a local predator - was unlikely to box themselves in with no way out the other end, but also kept in mind that sometimes their compulsion leads them to acting when opportunity arises, even if very risky.

I don't know. This is only one article, so I'll be looking to see if law enforcement includes abduction in their future statements.

Just my opinion.

Well it seems to me the message is that things are getting more defined, not cold. The options narrow....

To elaborate further, where is the "we had a blast watching cheesy monster movies until the sun came up" or "I made Dylan's favorite popcorn, and then he creamed me at Parcheesi"...how did Dylan and MR spend their time together until MR left the next morning, and why would MR fail to eleborate on that? Does anyone else not find that a bit off?

I feel certain that MR has given all those details to LE, but I don't find it suspicious that he hasn't given them to the media. MR has said himself that he is a very private person, and he seems uncomfortable doing interviews, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Sometimes the people who give all the details to media and talk ad nauseam about how much they loved their missing loved one and cry copious amounts tears on camera end up being the perps. You just never know.

I think it's easy to use the "we're scaling back the search" to justify whatever you think of MR - that the police have evidence and don't have to search, or they found nothing.

IMHO - prosecution likes having a body, and if the police found any evidence on MR's property, they would be going full-bore into finding a body. Since they are not, I don't think they found anything and MR continues to not be a suspect, even unofficially.

They seem to be searching those bodies of water pretty heavily, doing fly overs, etc.

They seem to be searching those bodies of water pretty heavily, doing fly overs, etc.

Considering they were searching bodies of water that Dylan could NOT have walked to without being seen - that would have to possibly lead LE to believe he was taken there and disposed of in the water.

I think LE is being very strategic in what they say and how they say it. I think just about everything they've done and said have been with purpose. Not naming a POI or suspect gives the POI/suspect some security that they have not yet been named. Saying the investigation is being "scaled back" does the same thing.

I think they have someone under a microscope and are waiting for that person to slip up because they are feeling relaxed enough that maybe they feel they got away with this.

Maybe I'm giving LE too much credit, but I really do think this... MOO

If they think there is a chance he is in the lake, why couldn't it be accidental? That is my main question. Do they know, somehow, that he did not leave the house on foot? If so, how could they know that? I don't like it when LE rules things out that seem to be possibilities, I guess. They seem to put so much emphasis on the phone thing.

I think LE is being very strategic in what they say and how they say it. I think just about everything they've done and said have been with purpose. Not naming a POI or suspect gives the POI/suspect some security that they have not yet been named. Saying the investigation is being "scaled back" does the same thing.

I think they have someone under a microscope and are waiting for that person to slip up because they are feeling relaxed enough that maybe they feel they got away with this.

Maybe I'm giving LE too much credit, but I really do think this... MOO

I see this kind of opinion often in cases, but what kind of a "slip-up" would such a person make? If one if under the microscope by police, they surely know it, IMO, even if they have not been arrested.

From the Daily Times article:

“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.

LE has been saying abduction, kidnapping, or foul play. I assumed they meant abduction as in taken by a predator while walking/hitchhiking towards his friends in Bayfield type of scenario, and kidnapping as in squirreled away by a relative/friend/acquaintance because of the contentiousness between the parents and custody issues (I'll just put it that way) type of scenario.

I realized, looking at the map of the area, with the one road in/out, that a random predator - or even a local predator - was unlikely to box themselves in with no way out the other end, but also kept in mind that sometimes their compulsion leads them to acting when opportunity arises, even if very risky.

I don't know. This is only one article, so I'll be looking to see if law enforcement includes abduction in their future statements.

Just my opinion.

We have also been discussing how isolated MR's home is but the other day I noticed in the photo of the search of his house that it appears there are houses all around him. I can see at least 4 mailboxes. /I]

Attachments

• mailbox.JPG
    mailbox.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 38
I see this kind of opinion often in cases, but what kind of a "slip-up" would such a person make? If one if under the microscope by police, they surely know it, IMO, even if they have not been arrested.

I think it depends on the person. And maybe he/she will never slip up. But maybe after a few drinks, or in confidence to someone they trust, I don't know. I'm just mainly hoping this is what is going on so that there can be some sort of justice for whatever happened to Dylan. He deserves much better than someone getting away with harming him.

I think it could go either way. Either they have evidence and a POI in mind or they have nothing.

What's a little baffling to me is how do they know it was not an accident? Even if the dogs hit on and around the lake how can they be so sure Dillon didn't go there on his own?

Sometimes they have a little evidence...but it's not quite enough.

If whomever this is has any compassion or conscience or cared at all about Dylan, hopefully those feelings will make the person do the right thing.

If it was someone more random, hopefully that person will feel the need to brag to someone or will try to do something like this again and will not be as lucky.

And it's quite possible that they've caught a subject in lies but don't have proof of any criminal act taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong