Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

11qmhj8.jpg

112dfrc.jpg

abc_casey_anthony_5_dm_110624_ssv.jpg

It looks like the little girl is standing on tile, and the pic of the Anthony's living room looks like carpet?

This photo has an altered aspect ratio causing it to appear to have a stretched height.

This is not what the defense presented.

abc_casey_anthony_5_dm_110624_ssv.jpg

I totally agree that the arm opening the door looks hinky. It is rounding too much, when the natural tendency would be for there to be some kind of angle at the elbow due to the elbow going outward as the hand grips the door. Every time I have looked at the photo, it's not the height of the child (I think it is Caylee), but something odd about that left arm I'm drawn to. It looks too long and skinny also.

I think it's photoshopped.

Hi, long time lurker here but just wanted to point out my observation on this photo.
If you look at her left arm it looks to be much longer or stretched at the shoulder. much longer than her right arm. The right arm looks to be to long for that body. Just saying

It looks like the little girl is standing on tile, and the pic of the Anthony's living room looks like carpet?

You can see the refective tile right in front of the door in the room photo.

It does look like a different piece of furniture next to the door.

Also, that left arm has an unnatural white halo on either side of it that doesn't look natural. It is a bad Photoshop job, I'm sure of it.

Here are a few photos of Caylee in a dress with matching kerchief as well as a photo of her possibly in the dress she is pictured in opening the sliding glass door.

This may be the dress she's wearing
picture.php

Not the same dress, but Caylee wearing a kerchief
picture.php

Another one of Caylee wearing a kerchief
picture.php

I don't know how anyone can tell for sure,but it's a very odd coincidence to have a pic of Caylee opening the sliding glass door. Also very convenient that we don't see her face.
As a juror I would disregard it.

I don't know how anyone can tell for sure,but it's a very odd coincidence to have a pic of Caylee opening the sliding glass door. Also very convenient that we don't see her face.
As a juror I would disregard it.

It isn't any kind of evidence she drowned in the pool anyway. I think it's weak evidence.

I agree the arm looks totally photoshopped. The hand appears to be going into the door, rather than cupping around it.

I totally agree that the arm opening the door looks hinky. It is rounding too much, when the natural tendency would be for there to be some kind of angle at the elbow due to the elbow going outward as the hand grips the door. Every time I have looked at the photo, it's not the height of the child (I think it is Caylee), but something odd about that left arm I'm drawn to. It looks too long and skinny also.

I think it's photoshopped.

So what to you think the original photo showed? Where was her left arm and hand in the original?

If you look. Her right foot is on carpet, her left is on tile. It looks like there is one single row of tile right in front of the door.

Personally, I think it is Caylee. I think the picture seems stretched out, which gives it the odd look.

I also think the picture is taken out of context. I am willing to bet the door was left open a crack and the picture was taken as a bit of a joke. Like "look at Caylee trying to open the door".

Oops, I quoted the wrong one...meant to quote Hotdogs: "This photo has an altered aspect ratio causing it to appear to have a stretched height."

It's not perfect, but doesn't this look more "normal" for a toddler (different aspect ratio--less height, more width)?

Hmm....seems JBean's photo to open this thread is more wide than the 2nd/3rd photos posted. When I watched the live video feed of the court, it seemed to me that the skinnier photo was shown...would have to go back and compare. To me, it looks like Caylee when it's the wider picture, but looks completely wrong if it's skinnier. The loss of all that cute toddler fat makes her look 4 or 5ish to me. (I have a son the same age....almost 3)

Attachments

• caylee2.png
    caylee2.png
    151 KB · Views: 89

It looks to me like the room is carpeted but there is a single row of tile directly in front of the sliding door to keep the carpet immediately in front of the door 'clean' from carpet track marks.

I don't think Caylee could have physically moved that door unless she learned to squeeze inbetween the door and physically push it with her body. Even then she likely wouldn't be able to squeeze into a position that would allow her body weight to push glass sliding door open if there is also a screen door. there are only a few inches between a glass and screen door and in FL with the bugs I'd think there are few doors without screens. (even if the exterior enclosed porch is screened - if what I am seeing is an enclosed porch. Haven't followed this case as closely as others have. )

Oops, I quoted the wrong one...meant to quote Hotgogs: "This photo has an altered aspect ratio causing it to appear to have a stretched height."

It's not perfect, but doesn't this look more "normal" for a toddler (different aspect ratio--less height, more width)?

I think you are absolutly correct. In the picture you posted, it looks totally normal. It wouldn't surprise me if the photo was intentionally stretched to make it appear that Caylee is talled. But overall I think the photo is legit.

I agree the arm looks totally photoshopped. The hand appears to be going into the door, rather than cupping around it.

I tried comparing it to my arm. I'm short, but alittle over 5 ft. tall. Her arms look as long as mine, I'm well proportioned, so I don't buy it.

So what to you think the original photo showed? Where was her left arm and hand in the original?

She could have been waving. Her arm could have been outstretched, just touching the glass.

There are so many things wrong with the look of the left arm, and I think only the part of the arm roughly elbow to hand was altered:

1. The arm is curving unnaturally. Go open a sliding door, both with palm facing you and facing the door. When the palm faces you, your elbow goes out. When the palm faces the door, which is a very unnatural way to open the door, the upper arm stays straight (since your arm bones don't bend all that much.) Her arm is curving in a more circular fashion.

2. Her left arm looks longer than her right.

3. Her left arm looks much skinnier than her right.

4. The skin tones between the two parts of her arm look different.

5. The lighting looks odd on the part of the arm reaching up.

Yes. But the photo you attached has lots of jpeg artifacts (like the big lumps and divots in the arms).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back