Cayle Bywater-Athen, GA-Missing 12-29-07

people just don't drown in a pond on their own in the middle of January anywhere. I hope LE doesn't just write this off like it was a summer day, she went swimming and drowned. In my opinion that's not the case here.

I totally agree!!!

Her mother issued a statement yesterday that she was confused, paraphraising, "why were her glasses over here, but she was in a pond over there?"

That's the question I have.

Also I saw some video of the search and the pond is shallow for at least a short distance in. No ice that I could see. We have people here drown all the time going after their dogs on iced over water. But it hasn't been that cold in Georgia has it?

Also I saw some video of the search and the pond is shallow for at least a short distance in. No ice that I could see. We have people here drown all the time going after their dogs on iced over water. But it hasn't been that cold in Georgia has it?

Since Cayle disappeared we have had one cold spell where it was getting down into the teens, but mostly we have been having absolutely gorgeous, perfect weather. We were out in short sleeves all this week enjoying the sunny skies and temps in the mid 60s.

Since Cayle disappeared we have had one cold spell where it was getting down into the teens, but mostly we have been having absolutely gorgeous, perfect weather. We were out in short sleeves all this week enjoying the sunny skies and temps in the mid 60s.

Just what I thought. There was no way the pond froze over to allow Cayle to get into the deep part. Which brings me to my next questions. How deep is that pond? How far away were her glasses found?

Just what I thought. There was no way the pond froze over to allow Cayle to get into the deep part. Which brings me to my next questions. How deep is that pond? How far away were her glasses found?

Earlier today, I talked with my cousin and with my son and his girlfriend, all of whom have been to Memorial Park in Athens and have seen the bathroom area near where her glasses were found as well as the lake area. I asked if it would be easy or if they thought it probable that Cayle could have just slipped into the lake and drowned. All three said, "No". My cousin went as far as to suggest that the "lake" which she would refer to as really more of a large pond, probably was not even deep enough to be over waist deep at its deepest point. (her opinion)

If I remember correctly it was from reports from Cayle's website and online in the Athen's Banner Herald which suggested that relatives felt that, due to her Bipolar, maybe she could have become disoriented.

Look at the photograph of Cayle at the park with her dog, on her website, (link in an earlier post above) taken the day she went missing. There is an 'out of kilter look' or unusual body position as if she was startled or being pulled forward suddenly by her dog on the leash. It could have been simply a bad candid photo showing her in the background, or she was having issues with disorientation or possibly an unruly, un trained dog was leading her around the park, not the other way around.

At best, all of the above is based on only on opinion, which as we all know, everyone has one, so I'm not sure how valid it is.

Great info Angelwings. The photos of the divers indicate that they were able to stand up in the pond. The photo of Cayle is interesting for a couple of reasons. It shows the weather isn't bad. Cayle does look to be alarmed or in motion. She was in a playground. I highly doubt that playground is by the pond. Not sure yet where I'm going with that thought.

If Cayle was lucid enough to find her dog and put it on a leash. Then she was probably lucid enough not to wander into a pond, IMO. Very cute dog, BTW.

Another thought about the GMH connection. We know a misbehaving dog, especially one running loose, would be enough to cause GMH to react violently.

I think at this point, we shouldn't necessarily rule him out on this case. Until it's proven he was in a 'different' county at the time, IMHO, he's still suspect for this case.

Look how many counties he traveled with Meredith!:(

JMHO
fran

I don't think they should rule him out too soon either, but I understand why it looks unlikely that GMH killed Cayle. There are witnesses coming out of the woodwork who have seen GMH on the trails and near other crime locations, but not one yet who saw him near Athens.

Also, I would find it hard to believe that he could do a "soft kill" with Cayle when he was mentally in a place where he had just finished murdering and dismembering Cheryl Dunlap and only two days before he did the same to Meredith.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/01/13/athens0113.html?cxntlid=inform

"Investigators don't see any connection because there's no evidence that Hilton has been in Athens and there's no evidence of violence to her body," Clarke County coroner Bobby Tribble said. "There are no obvious signs of trauma."

I don't think they should rule him out too soon either, but I understand why it looks unlikely that GMH killed Cayle. There are witnesses coming out of the woodwork who have seen GMH on the trails and near other crime locations, but not one yet who saw him near Athens.

Also, I would find it hard to believe that he could do a "soft kill" with Cayle when he was mentally in a place where he had just finished murdering and dismembering Cheryl Dunlap and only two days before he did the same to Meredith.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/01/13/athens0113.html?cxntlid=inform

"Investigators don't see any connection because there's no evidence that Hilton has been in Athens and there's no evidence of violence to her body," Clarke County coroner Bobby Tribble said. "There are no obvious signs of trauma."

I agree with you angelmom. I don't think this is GMH.

Something tells me this is foul play, but I'm not sure about it being GMH because of the proximity to the dates. However, it is obvious that GMH turned into a spree killer.

I also think it's unfortunate that they threw the bipolar thing out there immediately and published it as a possible theory to what happened. I have never heard of using the characteristics disoriented and confused to describe a bipolar person. News to me. If her dog had gotten lose from her and she was looking for him or trying to catch up with him, maybe that is why her expression was misinterpreted? I mean, generally, when someone is in the process of looking for something they can't find they have a look of uncertainty about them. And that is great how these witnesses who say she looked disoriented/confused did nothing to find out if she was ok or if she needed help.

Another Athens local dropping in. I can't believe I had never even heard of this case.. and it happened less than a year before I first moved to Athens for school!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226904"]Found Deceased GA - Rebecca Elaine Greene, 22, Athens, 19 November 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] Bringing over Rebecca Greene's thread. Rebecca was another UGA student who went missing last month and was found in shallow water, no foul play was declared but it's still rather strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back