TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the affidavits are different than what was told on the press conference and the media wants facts,they already put out the affidavits.And they might have a hard time with her being friendly with the suspect.JMO

I think you're right. The media did go to LE about the presser, and LE gave their input, and it wasn't good.

If the media runs with what Billie says, as if it's fact, then all their other news stories go kaput - LE will just say after what you did in Hailey's case, we're not giving you info - you're on your own.

And the news station managers aren't going to allow that to happen.

With the icing on the cake being that Billie blamed so much on the media lol.

Your assumption would probably be wrong. It's not LE's practice to tell one parent not to speak to the media and 'let the other keep talking'. Why would they do that? Billie is not a suspect. LE might ask them not to reveal certain things, but they would never play one parent against the other.

LE most certainly will play one parent against the other.. And that is the truth..LE will play whomever they need to or feel would lead to finding the missing child..

And they definitely would play and ex against an ex when they feel that one may have any info whatsoever that could help in locating the missing child or prove whom is responsible for that child to be missing..**and I am clarifying that I am NOT saying POlice believe a parent to have such{although they quite possibly do}..however I am not stating that..

My point is you can bet LE will do this in a heartbeat without thinking twice..

Billie said they had the TV turned to the news. Considering that they had a missing child, and if she was found, it might show up on TV even before teh police could notify them, I can see wanting to keep an eye on the news. So "no TV" doesn't apply to a missing child case as it would to a death.

I don't believe there is any real news coverage on New Year's Eve even in major cities, other than New Year's celebrations, etc.

My thinking has been that whatever SA may have done to HD, it wasn't about any untoward interest in young girls or about his interest in slasher/horror stuff. But just about strongly disliking (not to put too fine a point upon it) HD with all his heart and knowing she felt the same about him.

So, just speculating, but what if something like this occurred: At Christmas dinner with CD and GF, HD says something like this, "Dad, I hate living with Mom and SA. What I want more than anything is to live with you guys. Why can't you get a job, divorce Mom, and make her and SA leave? You could move your clothes and stuff across the street, but you don't have to actually stay there every night. DD and I are old enough to take care of ourselves. Couldn't you just try, Dad? Cause that would make me happier than anything."

And suppose he says something like "Well, I hate to see you so miserable, so maybe I should start working on making that happen." Then, BD and SA learn about this on Sunday, when HD is back at home - they'd both probably be extremely upset if this could actually happen. Strong motive for SA to make HD disappear, imo. Especially if DD didn't particularly mind living with SA.

Do we know enough to speculate on whether that plan could actually be effected by CD? Like, would he be able to get custody of HD and DD? And would he be able to make BD and SA move out?

Thanks in advance if you can say whether or not CD could do this.

JMO
I find this scenario plausible. In the least, I believe there was heavy contention between the parents with HD caught right in the middle. But I *think* a discussion, even just speculation, would take us into areas we've been asked not to talk about here in the interest of protecting the victims' privacy.

I am just wondering if that is what happened, and it would be considered 'purchasing illegal narcotics', and when it came out in the affidavit, that is why BD was so confused about it, maybe she didn't realize that saying that would be an admission of doing something illegal.
JMO of course

NG asked her very specifically if that's what the affidavits were referring to, and she very specifically denied it, so no. (imo)

So, we are to believe that BD told LE and oh by the way we purchased some illegal drugs. Just wanted to let you know that. I tend to believe BD when she says she did not tell them that. What would be the point to admit to an illegal drug purchase?? jmo

I haven't seen Billie say she didn't tell LE that. Is there a link for that?

I do recall her friend cz posting that the only thing in the affidavit that Billie disputes is the New Year's Eve party:

OK, I reread the affidavits.

The only thing I see that Billie is disputing is the new year's eve party.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6017208&postcount=224"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25[/ame]

Sweets, I agree I have not read or heard BD saying they had people over for drinks. I have asked for a link -I am sure impatientredhead will get back to me with the link. I have tried to read all MSM reports but may have missed some,

The witness has no obligation to bring their observations to the MSM.
If they did I would question their motives.

Billie's version.
Shawn's version.
or LE is exagerrating (lying) to get a search warrant that they already had probable cause to get signed?

I can't quite make that leap.

I don't really care if they had a party or not.
But someone told LE that Billie hosted a party.
Billie said they had some people over for drinks.
Not that her family swooped in to care for her.

When your child is missing for 72 hours maybe you have people over for drinks. When I have had a long week, am tired, or PMSing I don't invite people over for drinks. If my child had vanished off the face of the planet I highly doubt it would be on my to do list. YMMV.

But I really doubt LE made it up or hinged their search warrant on it.

BBM

I believe the afidavit states that SHAWN said they had some friends over for drinks... IIRC

Does anyone have a link stating that Hailey was living with Clint for any length of time? Although she did see her dad daily, and spent the night often, she was actually living with Billie full time. ( I do know that one interview by BD was given stating as much, but anything other than that, please. (snipped by moderator)

And on Christmas, Billie, Shawn, DD, and Hailey spent the day going around to various family members' houses and visiting. Hailey did not spend the entirety of Christmas day with Clint, and only went over fairly late in the day to spend the night with him.

JMO...As far as the psychics are concerned, so what if Clint, or Billie for that matter wants to consult one. It has been a month, neither feel that they are any closer to finding Hailey, and at this point, I am quite sure they would give a fair shot to anything or anyone that would possibly help them.

One other thing - when Billie mentioned people going around 'begging and demanding money', she did not mention any names. I don't know why everyone feels like she was talking about Clint. ( mod snip)

I recall movies (plural)

ETA: 7:30 p.m. — Billie Jean Dunn and Adkins arrive back at Dunn's home in Colorado City, she tells the Reporter-News on Wednesday. They watch movies before going to be around 10 p.m., she says.

Timeline for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
Posted January 12, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=RSS

I was trying to suggest that watching movies filled the mysterious gap between getting home and going to sleep. MOO

It wasn't a party.
Let me ask you this...If your child was missing, would your family not come from all over to be with you at your home? I have 3 sisters and a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles. If my daughter were to go missing, there would be so many people at my house, it would look as if I were having a party 24/7, when in fact, it was just my family there to give me and my daughter support.
Cars in the driveway and food in the kitchen does not always equal a party.

Respectfully, we don't have enough information to say either way. I did find it interesting how she totally blew off NG's question on whether or not they watched the ball drop.
If nothing else, due to her avoiding the question, I believe they did the countdown and watched the ball.

CZGTZ - can you please ask her what the heck SA did all of Tuesday?? did he fake going to work -- what?? There's a big gap and no mention of it by anyone. What happened that day?? Thanks.

ADKINS arrived on the premises according to their records at 6:00am on Monday, 12-27-2010; went into the break room and purchased a Dr. Pepper out of the vending machine, looked at the supervisor without saying a word, and then left the premises at 6:10am.

So I'm wondering what happened to change this to he turned in his overalls/coveralls,whatever she said he turned in?

I am starting to think that when SA bought his DR. Pepper and reached down to get it out of the machine that he noticed some evidence on his coveralls, looked at his boss to see if he noticed him observing his coveralls, freaked out and left. MOO

I can see where -IMOOOOOO- her slamming CD might not have gone over to well, and especially since he is going to give an interview tonight, well...it might just get interesting.

Can't remotely imagine defending my live-in lover after that one.

Unless it's true and you want to see him cleared so he doesn't further implicate you. It's also a good reason to have him move out and lawyer up so you can do all the talking from then on. Wouldn't want any more slip ups. JMO!

CCity 911 dispatch is 24/7 (as required by TX H&S Code) AND is located / housed at the C City Police Department.

IMO, there was no need to call ahead or make an appointment, per se; when 911 / Emergency Dispatch / C City PD share the same location. (nope...not believin' it).

http://tx-coloradocity.civiccities.com/index.aspx?NID=225

That's dispatch... it doesn't mean there is an officer there 24/7. Dispatchers can't file a police report... a police officer has to do that.
Maybe she thought showing up in person would get a better response than just asking that somebody come out. Look at the response the one officer gave during the 911 call in Feb. What if she thought they would do the same thing this time?

BBM
I clearly acknowledged that was "dispatch" in my originating post.

I never said there was an officer there 24/7.

What I did say was, IMO, there was no need to "call ahead" to make an appointment, since dispatch is there 24/7 and share the building w/ CCPD.

I am aware that dispatch can't file a report...they "dispatch" a police officer; in which case, they would have dispatched an officer from the office which they---9-1-1---share with Colorado City Police.

I never questioned her showing up there in person...so I'm not sure why you are debating my post???

I always found that comment quite interesting.

I wonder if there's two main ways to look at that comment:

1) They were both involved directly.
2) What SA was saying is that if he goes down, he'll take BD down too. It could be a threat to BD as it could be that BD knows what happened but wasn't involved.

I am off the fence about BD but I don't know if it's because I think she was involved or that she knows what happened after the fact. But what bothers me is "deception" on the questions relevant to the participation of Hailey's disappearance. However, she could have been deceptive even if she knows what happened but wasn't involved.

At the time of that interview SA wouldn't have a clue that his words would wind up in an affidavit released to the media and therefore BD would see what he had said. So I don't know if there was any message in there to BD letting her know in his way that he will implicate her too.

I do think it was a way of throwing her under the bus. I can't see him taking any responsibility for whatever his actions are. If he goes down I am sure he will be pointing his finger at BD. Whereas BD will do just the opposite and supply an alibi for SA.

Sweets, I agree I have not read or heard BD saying they had people over for drinks. I have asked for a link -I am sure impatientredhead will get back to me with the link. I have tried to read all MSM reports but may have missed some,

Here's all I can find:

Affidavit has Shawn saying it, not Billie:

Information was also obtained that ADKINS and Billie DUNN hosted a New Years Eve party at their home after Hailey DUNN had been reported missing. ADKINS downplayed the “party” stating they just had a few friends over to the house to have drinks for New Years Eve.

What Billie said on NG:

GRACE: Did you have out food for them? Was anybody having drinks?

BILLIE DUNN: I know that there was a lot of food out, and I think Shawn had some drinks. Nobody else. Nobody was worried about having a New Year`s Eve party.

GRACE: Did you have the TV on?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: Were you watching the ball drop?

BILLIE DUNN: We were just watching news.

GRACE: Are you sure?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: So you`re telling me that you have people over, you had food out, alcohol was being served, but it was not a party.

BILLIE DUNN: There was no party, and we weren`t serving alcohol. I think Shawn had a beer.

GRACE: So it was just him.

BILLIE DUNN: Nobody was trying to have a party. that was — right. That was on nobody`s mind.

Can someone refresh my old mind.... What day Did BD take her first Polygraph?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong