UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well -- whoever did this, he/she needs to serve the rest of his/her life in jail -- this little boy's life was just as valuable as the evil perpetrator who snuffed out his out.

Is that a hard concept for the justice system to comprehend?

Hello RubyRed,

I am sorry for mentioning it. I think someone confessed but I can't imagine a premeditated murder of a 4 yr old. An accident or out-of-control temper on the part of a so-called caregiver--but not a deliberate killing.

Again, sorry I referenced that post.

Kelly[/QUOTE

Here on Websleuths there is a thread of little Robert Manwil - he went to stay with mom for the summer, per a judge's order, and he was tortured and murdered. It is/was a horrific case of pre-meditated torture and murder by sadistic mom and her boyfriend. I'm hoping this case isn't as horrific as to include torture. moo

Hello RubyRed,

I am sorry for mentioning it. I think someone confessed but I can't imagine a premeditated murder of a 4 yr old. An accident or out-of-control temper on the part of a so-called caregiver--but not a deliberate killing.

Again, sorry I referenced that post.

Kelly

I am not upset with you for mentioning the comment, I sure hope it is not true.
Yet any other alternative is not going to be any better.
Sometimes we can learn a lot from comments, so do not be sorry.

Okay, well -- whoever did this, he/she needs to serve the rest of his/her life in jail -- this little boy's life was just as valuable as the evil perpetrator who snuffed out his out.

Is that a hard concept for the justice system to comprehend?

My hope is that they are being very careful with evidence so that a conviction sticks and they can put this person away for a lifetime. Ethan did not deserve this absolute horror, but he does deserve justice. My heart is in my throat right now.

Even though the search has been called off at the Layton Meadows apartment complex where the boy lives, as of Tuesday afternoon there was still a scene there.
Layton police officers and Davis County investigators have been in and out of the apartment , just north of the Layton Hills Mall. Before 4 p.m. Tuesday, a Davis County investigator carrying a crime lab brief case entered the apartment, though the investigator would not confirm what he was doing at that location.
Several neighbors say they are familiar with the family, but they are brand new to the complex. One neighbor said they aren't very social or talkative and the 4-year-old boy hasn't approached anyone in the neighborhood, either.
Another neighbor said investigators searched his apartment earlier Tuesday morning, saying officers were extremely thorough. He said they checked every possible corner, even inside the washing machine.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10728945

from the above link:

Detectives are searching an area that Howell described as rugged, muddy and wet. He said depending on weather, crews could be searching the area until Tuesday.

It is Tuesday!

Now I am just going to hope this was an accident and mom and step dad freaked not being the primary custodial parent. :(

We also have to consider, LE will notify Ethans Bio dad - who is out of state - before releasing anything to the pubic.

They updated the article to read Wednesday.

God bless those detectives. The weather looks horrible.

The rain and the woods reminds me of the day Caylee's remains were found. Such a bleak, grey day. Awfully sad.

I was looking at the search area and thinking the same thing. Seems to make it all more awful.....:(

Tuesday afternoon, officials called off the search in Layton while beginning a search in Ogden Canyon.Weber County sheriff's Lt. Phillip Howell said, "The Layton Police Department called us for assistance in their investigation with a missing child."

Police say they received information that led them up to the Ogden Canyon location west of Powder Mountain Road near Wolf Canyon Trail. The sheriff's office is not commenting on exactly what led them to this location or where the information came from, but have confirmed the area is now considered a crime scene.

another snip:

Even though the search has been called off at the Layton Meadows apartment complex where the boy lives, as of Tuesday afternoon there was still a scene there.

Layton police officers and Davis County investigators have been in and out of the apartment , just north of the Layton Hills Mall. Before 4 p.m. Tuesday, a Davis County investigator carrying a crime lab brief case entered the apartment, though the investigator would not confirm what he was doing at that location.

and another snip:

Several neighbors say they are familiar with the family, but they are brand new to the complex. One neighbor said they aren't very social or talkative and the 4-year-old boy hasn't approached anyone in the neighborhood, either.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10728945

I know we don't have all of the facts yet but this does sound like a stepdad/mommy's boyfriend story yet again.. What kind of mother puts her man before her child's life?? I think it's a jealousy thing where the stepdad or mother's boyfriend sees the mother's previous relationship in the child and takes it out on them, the innocent child. So sad.

BBM

Unfortunately too many women put the boyfriend/husband before their children.

If the ME was called to the scene hes probably been found deceased. IMO. Poor poor baby.

My guess would be that mom or SF, or both, failed the polygraph and then fessed up.

Why do they always come up with the same story? Child abducted or wandered away in the night....

Are people not aware that the police just don't believe those tales?

This is JUST like little Robert Manwill.

My guess would be that mom or SF, or both, failed the polygraph and then fessed up.

Why do they always come up with the same story? Child abducted or wandered away in the night....

Are people not aware that the police just don't believe those tales?

This is JUST like little Robert Manwill.

Ohhhh... but that same story is so easy and convenient! There were no confessions in the Manwill case. To find a body in the spot LE are presently looking would be next to impossible without a confession.

Local news said that they did see them bring something down from the mountain... not sure what it was. Layton police will do a live update at 5.:30

I wonder why they need shovels? It looks like to me this MONSTER just threw him off a cliff. OMG this poor little child.

I don't have a tv where my computer is. Is anyone watching the 5pm news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie