Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Births, Deaths and Marriages keep a record of how many times a copy of a birth cert is issued, when they are issued and who ordered the copy??

I had wondered the same a couple years ago when Annasmom ordered a copy of the birth cert. Maybe a phone call on Monday will give us an answer.

I had wondered the same a couple years ago when Annasmom ordered a copy of the birth cert. Maybe a phone call on Monday will give us an answer.
I am racking my brain to try to remember why one WS advised me to order a copy of Anna's birth certificate a couple of years ago. Somehow it would have been proof that no one else had requested a copy since the name was changed, but I simply cannot remember the particulars. I believe I had to submit a notarized statement, but the details of this transaction simply are not in my memory banks, and apparently I didn't keep copies of my request to the records bureau.

I am racking my brain to try to remember why one WS advised me to order a copy of Anna's birth certificate a couple of years ago. Somehow it would have been proof that no one else had requested a copy since the name was changed, but I simply cannot remember the particulars. I believe I had to submit a notarized statement, but the details of this transaction simply are not in my memory banks, and apparently I didn't keep copies of my request to the records bureau.

My memory isn't so fresh on this either, but IIRC, when you ordered the BC it was to determine if there were any further name changes and as of the time you ordered the BC Annasmom, there were no name changes.

FWIW.... I had to order my sons BC for KG.(because he cut up his other one.... yi yi yi, my son is obsessed with scissors, lol.) The last change noted on his BC was when his father was added to the BC.( we were never married and had to have paternity established to add the fathers name ). Now, the records I received did NOT indicate whether or not his father ordered a BC, only that his name was added and what date the change was made. IF that helps a little.

IIRC, we never found out if and how many times the BC was ordered, if that info is available, just that the name was never changed after GW added Eifee.

Here's a post from 2006 that may be the reason why (hope it works)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching for Anna

Thank you so much, Mystic. That was what I was looking for, and I think the initial suggestion may have come from one of the big registries which try to match up adoptees with their birth parents. Of course, this only proves that there was no LEGAL adoption.

Do you think it's worth while calling to find out if you can get the info on how many times Anna's birth cert was issued? I ask because GW would have needed a copy if he applied for a passport for Anna and if he did get a copy, the date of issue would be very important.

Do you think it's worth while calling to find out if you can get the info on how many times Anna's birth cert was issued? I ask because GW would have needed a copy if he applied for a passport for Anna and if he did get a copy, the date of issue would be very important.

I've been thinking about something and haven't found it mentioned in the threads. Annasmom had the Original Birth Certificate. Shortly thereafter GW went in to change the name. He would have completed a form and I'm sure there would have been an area to where the new BC should be forwarded. From everything I've read it doesn't appear that it was sent to Annasmom or that GW gave it to her. (am I correct)

I just want to add that he may have already had a BC for Anna.

I've been thinking about something and haven't found it mentioned in the threads. Annasmom had the Original Birth Certificate. Shortly thereafter GW went in to change the name. He would have completed a form and I'm sure there would have been an area to where the new BC should be forwarded. From everything I've read it doesn't appear that it was sent to Annasmom or that GW gave it to her. (am I correct)

I just want to add that he may have already had a BC for Anna.

He was still living at home at the time; I had copies of both the original birth certificate and the one with the added name from way back in 1967.

He was still living at home at the time; I had copies of both the original birth certificate and the one with the added name from way back in 1967.

I would be more interested to find out if GW ordered another copy of the birth cert after he left home, or more to the point, around the time that Anna went missing. Is there any way to find out?

thank you, well that eliminates that line of thought

Many years ago I was into the numerology. I've played with those names in a variety of formats and all I come up with is GW either had some misunderstanding of some system he came across or it was an excuse to get one of those names on the BC.

I've only ever came across 1 Eifee in my life and she was of Greek descent. Also, Benedo seems like an Italian last name to me. I'm going to ask a Greek fellow from work if he has known any of these to be last names. It just seems odd to me for him to even ask for such a thing yet could just be a crazy man's idea and meaningless... since it was so long before the abduction.

I found this link regarding the name Benedo:

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Benedo

Apart from the obvious, I found it interesting that the Czech and Hungarian version of the name is BANDI. It kind of stuck out for me given Anna's comment that she wanted to be called Brandi.

I agree with you Mystic... also second my opinion, GB had ( maybe) a very superficial knowdlege of numerology, tarots and astrology... only what he read by itself, but no a true knowdlege... second my opinion he was a swindler and a crazy man; it is enough to think that MK was a brilliant nurse, a brilliant woman, and under the power of GB, the her career, her life, it was devasted.... totally...
raf

I would be more interested to find out if GW ordered another copy of the birth cert after he left home, or more to the point, around the time that Anna went missing. Is there any way to find out?
I went to the website (www.cdph.ca.gov) to attempt to wade through all their information. I'm not sure how knowing how many copies of the birth certificate have been issued would help us, since I assume GW had a copy from the time the amendment was issued (and additions to names may be made up to a year from the date of birth providing both parents sign...I must have signed). However, if the department of public records issues a NEW birth certificate in the case of adoption, the old one is sealed. Since I was able to get a copy not too long ago, obviously this was not the case. The department says they have a huge backlog, so I am reluctant to try to get through on the telephone.

I went to the website (www.cdph.ca.gov) to attempt to wade through all their information. I'm not sure how knowing how many copies of the birth certificate have been issued would help us, since I assume GW had a copy from the time the amendment was issued (and additions to names may be made up to a year from the date of birth providing both parents sign...I must have signed). However, if the department of public records issues a NEW birth certificate in the case of adoption, the old one is sealed. Since I was able to get a copy not too long ago, obviously this was not the case. The department says they have a huge backlog, so I am reluctant to try to get through on the telephone.

Hi Annasmom,

I was thinking along the lines of GW needing a copy of the birth cert to get a passport for Anna, but if he got a copy for himself at the time of the name change then it wouldn't be an issue. Did he keep the only copy when the name change was made and that's why you had to get a copy a couple of years ago?

Hi Annasmom,

I was thinking along the lines of GW needing a copy of the birth cert to get a passport for Anna, but if he got a copy for himself at the time of the name change then it wouldn't be an issue. Did he keep the only copy when the name change was made and that's why you had to get a copy a couple of years ago?

Hi Ozziemum, i know you asked Annasmom but if you look at post 470 above, she affirmed that GW was still with her at the time the new 'name' changed BC arrived. She only ordered another later on to find out if the BC was sealed (to ascertain if an adoption had taken place).

hope you don't mind my answering.

Hi Annasmom,

No, I already had two copies of the BC. I ordered another one just to make sure the records had not been sealed, as they would have been had there been a legal adoption. I can't say for sure whether he took a copy of the birth certificate with him, but it would have been easy for him to get one if he didn't.

Hi Ozziemum, i know you asked Annasmom but if you look at post 470 above, she affirmed that GW was still with her at the time the new 'name' changed BC arrived. She only ordered another later on to find out if the BC was sealed (to ascertain if an adoption had taken place).

Oh, thanks, Mystic. I didn't see your post before I did mine. I guess we BOTH answered her!

My ear is killing me! I called the customer service line this afternoon. They estimated the 'wait time' was fifteen (15) minutes. I sat for forty-five (45) minutes waiting. About every five minutes, a recording says "All lines are busy, please hold for the next available representative". First in English, then in Spanish! Finally, another recording comes on and says "All lines are busy, please try your call again later"

I don't mind at all. Thanks Mystic.

No, I already had two copies of the BC. I ordered another one just to make sure the records had not been sealed, as they would have been had there been a legal adoption. I can't say for sure whether he took a copy of the birth certificate with him, but it would have been easy for him to get one if he didn't.

Thanks Annasmom. That was what I was wondering, if you had the original. I was just thinking along the lines of GW ordering a copy later on so he could get a passport for Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member