TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The storms lasted all day on the 27th. I know because the first one hit while my daughter was out at breakfast with a friend and it scared them to death. I think that was an F-1, but it was still powerful enough to make some huge oak trees crash to the ground across the street from where I live.

My daughter came home and after that there were three more tornadoes that went over the eastern part of the county where I live, some of them F-4-5. We had to huddle in the bathroom without power three more times. The siege wasn't over until after the Ringgold-Cherokee Valley-Apison-Bradley County storm went right past us, shaking our whole house. By then it was 8 p.m at night.

Then the weather was clear until the following Tuesday, when there was a heavy downpour of rain again.

Suicide victims can't hide their cars, though.

And by now, with this heat and with scavengers, nothing would look "normal" about a body.

There was the lady from East Ridge who disappeared just after Gail. They found her car in Sequatchie but couldn't find her until they did a large-scale search of the area. But the point is, they found the car first.

Where is the jeep? Yes, it could be hidden somewhere just off the road - on a logging or hunting road, perhaps. But whatever happened to Gail, that Jeep didn't disappear into thin air.[/quote]

Almost entirely in agreement, ThoughtFox. Neither Gail NOR her vehicle disappeared into thin air.

There is not much of a shadow of a doubt to me that, when the jeep is found, there will be conclusive evidence as to where Gail might be, and what might have happened to her for her to be missing for such a long period of time.

However- just to address the suicide or accident angle- there have been many missing persons (who either took their own lives, or had an accident) and their vehicles not found in short order. In my experience, anyway.

Suicide victims can't hide their cars, though.

I think a suicide victim could drive into a body of water, rent a storage bay - particularly a refrigerated one - and pull their car into it, find an old abandoned building and pull their car into, rent a garage and pull their car into it, drive off a mountain, and their car, with them in it, may not be found for a very long time.

Has Lake Jordan been searched yet?

I do think what most likely happened to Gail, sadly, is that she committed suicide. The bulk of the information available, to me, points to it.

Or if planned out could of been flattened like a pancake or taken apart if you know the right people

snipped

KN and wife live in FL. He and Gail were on outs and didn't speak.

That makes their quest to get the FB and other website shut down pretty interesting, doesn't it? Makes KN's wife's alleged comments about Arlene deliberately trying to ruin Matt's life equally interesting.

That makes their quest to get the FB and other website shut down pretty interesting, doesn't it? Makes KN's wife's alleged comments about Arlene deliberately trying to ruin Matt's life equally interesting.

Oh, yes. I think that's VERY interesting. It's obvious from the multiple phone calls reported to have occurred between Diane and Gail, as well as from the recent money transfer, that Gail--for whatever reason--was much closer to Diane. It's reasonable to think, therefore, that Gail would have wanted Diane to take the lead in decisions in case of disagreement.

Diane and Kevin may have equal standing legally, but as to decision-making, it appears to me that Gail made a choice, and the two do not have equal standing morally (to my way of thinking) if they know that to be true.

I gotta say, if Gail committed suicide and managed to completely disappear off the face of the earth while doing so, I would be surprised. With all the plans she was making for the future and her experience with a brother dying of suicide (per Jammer, IIRC) and her parents dying when she was young, I would think that it's very unlikely she killed herself. With Matt seemingly refusing to cooperate with LE, not caring, and he and his girlfriend lawyering up with criminal defense attorneys, Gail killing herself doesn't seem very likely.

But if she did harm herself, the implications are horrific. By that I mean her husband knew she was in trouble yet went gallivanting around with a girlfriend, leaving his wife to fend for herself and to care for the kids while mentally/emotionally ill. It means when she called LE for help, they didn't recognize the signs or they didn't care enough about them to investigate. It means the Gs saw her in trouble and didn't do anything even though they say police were called -- which would have been the perfect time to do something. And now that she's gone, the husband doesn't seem give a rat's modsnip and even Gail's brother and wife are trying to get people to just forget the whole thing. It is almost unspeakably horrible that people in her life would treat her that way.

It's also not particularly likely. With so many people who clearly cared for Gail posting here, on FB, talking to the press, etc. then someone who DID care about her would have seen the warning signs and helped. The fact that none of them did makes me personally think the mental instability theory isn't quite that solid. But who knows, we might get more info that would change my opinion.

I do think what most likely happened to Gail, sadly, is that she committed suicide. The bulk of the information available, to me, points to it.

BeanE, I have a lot of respect for your opinions, but I've been scratching my head trying to figure this one out since I read it a couple hours ago. Would you mind elaborating on the reasons you see this as most likely?

But if she did harm herself, the implications are horrific. By that I mean her husband knew she was in trouble yet went gallivanting around with a girlfriend, leaving his wife to fend for herself and to care for the kids while mentally/emotionally ill. It means when she called LE for help, they didn't recognize the signs or they didn't care enough about them to investigate. It means the Gs saw her in trouble and didn't do anything even though they say police were called -- which would have been the perfect time to do something. And now that she's gone, the husband doesn't seem give a rat's modsnip and even Gail's brother and wife are trying to get people to just forget the whole thing. It is almost unspeakably horrible that people in her life would treat her that way.

Agreed.

It is particularly disgusting how she was/is being treated by her spouse. Regardless as to whether he actually killed her, he had a hand in her demise...

I gotta say, if Gail committed suicide and managed to completely disappear off the face of the earth while doing so, I would be surprised. With all the plans she was making for the future and her experience with a brother dying of suicide (per Jammer, IIRC) and her parents dying when she was young, I would think that it's very unlikely she killed herself. With Matt seemingly refusing to cooperate with LE, not caring, and he and his girlfriend lawyering up with criminal defense attorneys, Gail killing herself doesn't seem very likely.

It's also not particularly likely. With so many people who clearly cared for Gail posting here, on FB, talking to the press, etc. then someone who DID care about her would have seen the warning signs and helped. The fact that none of them did makes me personally think the mental instability theory isn't quite that solid. But who knows, we might get more info that would change my opinion.

:twocents:I completely agree. I think suicide certainly should be considered as a possibility, but after that, I believe it's unlikely. First of all, Gail's behavior didn't suggest that's where she was headed, to me. If you were going to do that, would you just drop your kids off and leave them alone? I agree, her state of mind seemed more to me like she was making plans, but not suicide plans. I have also always tried to put myself in her shoes and to me, the idea of killing myself and concealing it so that my body would not be immediately found is gruesome. I know everyone doesn't think the same way, but I would not want that to happen. The missing Jeep is the other factor that lessens the likelihood, in my opinion. JMO.

I'll be so glad when tomorrow gets here and to have some normalcy in trying to manuever around on WS. Frustration!

It's a little slow over here tonight, you're right hollyblue. I took a gander at the other forum and saw over 2500 readers! And the radio show starts in about an hour as well.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143418"]TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks