State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he took off the shoes, placed them in a plastic grocery bag, and then put them in the car before stepping foot into the car, no the mud would not have transferred to carpet fibers, unless the bag was open and he wasn't careful.

You're right, that's possible. I was thinking more along the lines of him either not realizing mud was on his shoes until he got into the car, or not being prepared (with a plastic bag) since he wouldn't know of the mud before leaving home.

Neck pressure 7 seconds to pass out...can take a number of minutes of pressure to die. No ligature marks.

And therein lies Premeditation. With a gun, it's nanoseconds, as in "Bang, bang, bang," or stab, stab, stab, stab, with a knife. You can't put the toothpaste back in those tubes and reverse it....but in strangulation, you may have a, "OMG, what am I doing?" and stop, and life goes on. Minutes.

If I were the prosecution, I would have the jury, if something like that is allowed, in closing remarks, to have them close their eyes, and I would count out 60 seconds. Then I would tell 'em to multiply that times 5, and say "Yes, the murderer had time to think and stop, and save her life." And just let that sit there for a few moments.... But what do I know? It would be heavy-duty for me to endure and seems that it would be at least a baby elephant in the room.
icon5.gif

I had thought about a fax machine too. If the number it calls is busy, it will redial after a set time. That could be an explanation of the call to his cell phone before the first store run. He may have tested it to make sure it was going to work. But I've not heard anything about them having a fax machine or any other device to fax.

Even if this happened, wouldn't there still be something in the memory of the FAX machine indicating a call?

Even if this happened, wouldn't there still be something in the memory of the FAX machine indicating a call?

I have no idea. I've never used any fax machine except at work and I don't know what it takes to eliminate any history if the history even exists. I always got a print out of the fax information sent. Also, if you don't actually hit a "send" button after you initiate the call I don't know how it stores it.

If he did in fact dump NC body....as he drove to the spot, there was no way for him to predict it would be muddy. Just another small detail that can trip up a crime. He could have also cleaned out the mud from the car while he was doing all his other mopping and laundry...

I have no idea. I've never used any fax machine except at work and I don't know what it takes to eliminate any history if the history even exists. I always got a print out of the fax information sent. Also, if you don't actually hit a "send" button after you initiate the call I don't know how it stores it.

Where I work, the FAX machine stores the numbers called (FAXs sent) and will print out a history of them. As for deleting something like that, I have no idea. Since most FAX machines have their own phone number I also don't know how this could be used to simulate a call from the home phone. :waitasec:

I see major defense points for alcohol. No alcohol in her blood - said if she died w/ alcohol in system, most likely would have shown up in tests.

ETA: I only say points for defense because it blocks the theory of a fight when she came home which ended in murder right then.

IIRC, Butts said there was no blood left to test, but (was it) pleural tissue showed alcohol but that it may have been a by-product of decomp. I have to call this one even.

I had thought about a fax machine too. If the number it calls is busy, it will redial after a set time. That could be an explanation of the call to his cell phone before the first store run. He may have tested it to make sure it was going to work. But I've not heard anything about them having a fax machine or any other device to fax.

A fax call could have easily been setup from his laptop plugged into the phone line. LOL, I guess they should stick more to K.I.S.S. and there would be much more plausible arguments.

I also believe the testimony that they were in "hate mode." Brad's statement that NC yelled up to him about where her T-shirt was doesn't ring true to me. I doubt she would be asking for his help in finding a shirt. They didn't seem to be helping each other with things.

I also believe the testimony that they were in "hate mode." Brad's statement that NC yelled up to him about where her T-shirt was doesn't ring true to me. I doubt she would be asking for his help in finding a shirt. They didn't seem to be helping each other with things.

As I can't believe he was doing the laundry (washing her dress) either unless it was to "hide" something. MOO

Where I work, the FAX machine stores the numbers called (FAXs sent) and will print out a history of them. As for deleting something like that, I have no idea. Since most FAX machines have their own phone number I also don't know how this could be used to simulate a call from the home phone. :waitasec:

I just looked at my computer fax settings. I can set it for how many attempts I want it to make and I can set the redial time to whatever I want. (The default setting is 10 minutes but I can lower it down to any number.) Being a computer, I could delete any history if it does generate one. I'm not sure this is something he did or could have done but I think it is a plausible explanation.

My fax is hooked up to my home line. I don't get INCOMING faxes, but I often fax out. it's a multifunction machine - printer all in one, etc.

I can program it to delayed fax at a set time. I can program my PC to fax (using my home line), I can easily erase the fax memory in my fax machine - through an easy menu of items and I suspect you could uninstall some fax software on your PC too - that would remove things. Or clear the memory - although that's probably harder than clearing the fax memory. Never heard that they had a fax - but maybe a printer that was an all in one type machine.

If he did in fact dump NC body....as he drove to the spot, there was no way for him to predict it would be muddy. Just another small detail that can trip up a crime. He could have also cleaned out the mud from the car while he was doing all his other mopping and laundry...

Lori - I am not thinking it would have been muddy at that location (Cary) on 11 July based on the historical weather data. I have attached a link to weather underground dated 11 July 2008. At the top you can click previous day or next day. As you scroll down towards the bottom it gives you hourly readings, including rainfall amounts if it occured. I'm not seeing much rain a day or two before Nancy went missing or on the 12th. However, there was some after she was reported missing. Check out the link:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I just looked at my computer fax settings. I can set it for how many attempts I want it to make and I can set the redial time to whatever I want. (The default setting is 10 minutes but I can lower it down to any number.) Being a computer, I could delete any history if it does generate one. I'm not sure this is something he did or could have done but I think it is a plausible explanation.

Exactly, very plausibe! Another thought I had is that if he did use his laptop to place a fax call (or similar type call) I could see where he would be very confident he would not be found out once they started going down the VoIP path because it will probably be easily proven that a spoof did not indeed happen.

I am looking at the whole picture, without any pre-conceived decision about his guilt. If he didn't originate the call from the landline to his cell phone, then he didn't kill her.

Unless he had someone else go in the house and call him. Crazy, I know, but he was seen hugging HM...

Exactly, very plausibe! Another thought I had is that if he did use his laptop to place a fax call (or similar type call) I could see where he would be very confident he would not be found out once they started going down the VoIP path because it will probably be easily proven that a spoof did not indeed happen.

Would evidence of that show up on the computer though?

Lori - I am not thinking it would have been muddy at that location (Cary) on 11 July based on the historical weather data. I have attached a link to weather underground dated 11 July 2008. At the top you can click previous day or next day. As you scroll down towards the bottom it gives you hourly readings, including rainfall amounts if it occured. I'm not seeing much rain a day or two before Nancy went missing or on the 12th. However, there was some after she was reported missing. Check out the link:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Good link. But the precipitation for the month reads 3.3.....and that was on the 11th so I guess there had been rain within the first eleven days. I guess I was also thinking that the spot was like a drainage area ...right? So rain would settle there???

Two more things: Laundry. Brad probably threw things in the laundry (of Nancy's) that Nancy probably hand-washed or washed on delicate. And, I never wash/dry clothes and cram them into a laundry basket. I FOLD them or HANG them up. What's the use of going to all the trouble to do laundry, then wrinkle everything up and need to IRON??

I taught everyone in the family to FOLD or HANG directly out of the dryer. No leaving it in the dryer, either, to set wrinkles.

And now, I've forgotten the other thing I was going to say.

Good link. But the precipitation for the month reads 3.3.....and that was on the 11th so I guess there had been rain within the first eleven days. I guess I was also thinking that the spot was like a drainage area ...right? So rain would settle there???

Yes, Nancy's body was found near the edge of a rentention basin. LE had to pump it out so there was indeed a fair amount of water collected there. The basin was down hill to the asphalt paved cul de sac. It could have been pretty soft but I dunno about muddy with the heat they had before her body was placed there. Later rain would have obscured any prints left. Anything is possible though :D

I'm admittedly not a phone techie - but I will say that we do have an All-in-One in our home. It's a phone, fax, scanner, printer/copier. The fax number is the same number as our LL.

Where's that returned SW for his home when I need it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member