GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

I can't believe that a human is capable of something so terrible. The police did a nice job of catching this person. I hope he pays dearly for what he has done.

We still don't have a name. They served a search warrant in Parkville.

The name is known, but since I don't have a link to back it up I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post it.

So young, with so much potential. Prayers for the children, family and friends.

Sigh. :(

could the killer be under age and that is why LE didn't release the name right away?

could the killer be under age and that is why LE didn't release the name right away?

No, he's not a minor. He was arrested yesterday and is listed on the link to the Platte County Sheriff's Detention site that was posted previously.

Sheriff Richard Anderson (sp?) - Giving info about recent developments.

Britny's fiancee returned to his home. Lived there with Britny and children. Ashley was also staying there. He discovered children home alone, both women absent. Pickup was also missing and 4 firearms. Personal items were also left behind, adding to suspicious nature of their absence. He notified police and they determined they did not have resources to handle case. Asked Platte County to help.

Processed house as a crime scene. Dodge located on a country road, adjacent to a soy bean field. Searched soy bean field for missing women, to no avail.

Saturday evening a citizen told them Clifford D Miller had been seen driving the pick up truck after it was known to be taken. He had been known to be trying to sell firearms. He was taken into custody and interviewed. During the interview, he provided information about his involvement in the disappearance of Britny and Ashley.

He admitted he was high on Meth and went to their residence. He entered, intended to have sex with Britny. Had never done it before but was attracted to her.

He was surprised to see Ashley there. She challenged him as to why he was there. He decided he had to get rid of her.

Began to punch and beat her until she quit moving. Then smothered her.

After that, his intentions changed and he had to kill Britny. He picked up a blunt object and hit her and then smothered her as well. Her baby was asleep with her. He moved the baby to the same room as the other child. Smoked some more meth while in residence and then cleaned up the blood and removed the bodies to the pick up truck in the back of the house. He also took the guns and put them in the truck as well.

clifford Miller high on meth, wanted sex with Britney, went there to have sex, when he went to the house he was surprised so see Ashley there, Ashley challenged him as why he was there. He thought he was going to get into trouble so he beat Ashley and smothered her with a pill. After miller killed Ashley his intention to sexually assault Britney he went in and hit her with a blunt object then smothered her also.

He put the babies in the same crib, smoked more meth, took the guns, put the bodies in the truck. Miller believes he was in the home for one hour. He drove the truck and dumped the bodies.

It is very rare that we hear why, when, and how so soon after a murder.

He believes he was in the home for 1 hour. He drove the truck to a farm and dumped both bodies on the farm. He then drove the truck to his residence where he changed clothes and showered. Knew he needed to hide and needed money. Contacted friend and asked him to sell the guns. He later disposed of some of the guns and they are still looking for them. Bodies were recovered and were identified by tattoos and body jewelry. Were wrapped in bedding that was described.

Charged with 2 counts of first degree murder. Killed them after deliberating by striking and suffocating them.

Still unsure as to if they will seek death penalty. Held on half million dollar bond.

Still unsure as to if they will seek death penalty. Held on half million dollar bond.

If this isn't a DP case, I don't know what is. Maybe some Public Defender will say he wasn't right in the head. The meth made him do it. Geez.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back