Paul....... The psychic octopus

Paintr

Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/spain/7881110/World-Cup-final-Paul-the-psychic-octopus-predicts-Spain-will-beat-Holland.html

The news will come as a boost to Spain ahead of the World Cup final against Holland at Soccer City Stadium, Johannesburg on Sunday.

The psychic octopus has not made a mistake when predicting the outcome of a football match for two years. On that occassion Paul said Germany would beat Spain in the Euro 2008 final but Luis Aragones' team came out on top, winning 1-0.

A psychic octopus...who would have thunk it!

From your link;

Since correctly predicting Spain's victory over Joachim Löw's team Paul has been on the recieving end of a backlash from Germany fans.

However the octoped has got in support in the unlikely form of Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luiz Rodriguez Zapatero who has joked he will provide Paul with a team of boduguards.

Zapatero said: "I am concerned for the octopus. I am thinking of sending him a protective team."

Spanish environment and fisheries minister Elena Espinosa has also sworn to protect the octopus.

"On Monday, I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a [fishing] ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him," Espinosa said.

:laugh:

Do parakeets eat cuttlefish? :waitasec:

I think first they put on cute little bibs, and then eat them with relish - in both sense of that word.

But me, I'm sticking with Paul and España. ¡Go la Roja!

Do parakeets eat cuttlefish? :waitasec:

Well, they gnaw on them. They grind tiny bits off the cuttlefish 'bone' and store itt in their crop to pulverize their food.

BTW I have a psychic horse. He says he doesn't give a darn who wins.:D

I think first they put on cute little bibs, and then eat them with relish - in both sense of that word.

But me, I'm sticking with Paul and España.

You are quick! Great answer! :clap::clap:

Well, they gnaw on them. They grind tiny bits off the cuttlefish 'bone' and store itt in their crop to pulverize their food.

BTW I have a psychic horse. He says he doesn't give a darn who wins.:D

I knew you would say that!!! I must be psycho err ic.

My Boston terrier - a Maradona fan - was adamant that Argentina would take the Cup.

My yellow Lab 'read the bones' and insisted that Brazil would come out on top.

I just did a "scientific" test of this thing involving Bobbles (see avatar). I laid two dog treats - Spain and Holland - on the floor, the test being to see which he'd take first, and we'd have our World Cup winner, could then make lofty bets, gain windfall profits, etc.

But I failed to establish clear rules. Bobbles first sniffed at, then picked up, Spain, and I thought we had his decision; but he then put Spain down and immediately ate Holland. Did his instant attraction to La Roja indicate only that they'd score first, then falter? Was his comsummation of Oranje the ultimate decider - or did this merely indicate that Holland was as dead as a dog treat?

I'll leave this for cooler heads than mine to decipher.

Paul was right. Germany takes third place.
index.html

Cute! Does Paul get to watch the games?

It turns out Paul was right!

Spain 1 Holland 0 on overtime, the only goal by Andres Iniesta.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back