OH - Janelle Cintron, 4, & Cecess Hill, 2, drowned in bathtub, 1 Oct 2007 *Insanity*

I hate the way 911 calls are made public now... even put on the news for the world to hear. What a cruel invasion of privacy... it's kind of a sick form of reality TV.

Here's what gets me:

<Deondra Hurt, 19, who lives in the same two-story apartment building, said she heard the girls' father screaming and shouting. She later went to the apartment and saw their mother "on a couch, and she was just sitting there. She was a nice girl. It's real sad.">

hmmmm.. uhh, hello.. what was she thinking, "oh gosh, the kids are up there screaming bloody murder.. guess maybe I'll mozey up there a bit later and check in, see what's going on.."

Sorry.. but I honestly think you can tell when a kid is screaming for their lives.... am I wrong?? Although,, yes it's true, some kids can be extremely dramatic.... (they don't get something they want and they sound like they're going to die)... but, don't you all think you call tell, by the sound, when a kid is REALLY being abused?? And what could it hurt to at least go knock on the door and make sure that's not the case...?

It's just bugs me to think that girl heard those sounds and probably thought,, oh.. she's just up there disciplining her kids.. it's a family matter. Then again, we don't know exactly WHAT she heard. (it still bugs me though!)

Here's what gets me:

<Deondra Hurt, 19, who lives in the same two-story apartment building, said she heard the girls' father screaming and shouting. She later went to the apartment and saw their mother "on a couch, and she was just sitting there. She was a nice girl. It's real sad.">

hmmmm.. uhh, hello.. what was she thinking, "oh gosh, the kids are up there screaming bloody murder.. guess maybe I'll mozey up there a bit later and check in, see what's going on.."

quote]
:confused: :confused: i think you asweared you own question

I should have NOT listened to this. My good those poor children and this poor father. Why:furious: :furious:

The father is just destroyed. What a harrowing 911 call.

Here's what gets me:

Sorry.. but I honestly think you can tell when a kid is screaming for their lives.... am I wrong?? Although,, yes it's true, some kids can be extremely dramatic.... (they don't get something they want and they sound like they're going to die)... but, don't you all think you call tell, by the sound, when a kid is REALLY being abused?? And what could it hurt to at least go knock on the door and make sure that's not the case...?

It's just bugs me to think that girl heard those sounds and probably thought,, oh.. she's just up there disciplining her kids.. it's a family matter. Then again, we don't know exactly WHAT she heard. (it still bugs me though!)

See the bold above. What she heard was the father coming home to find his children drowned in the tub, not the mother killing them. The dad was screaming at his wife/girlfriend, "why did you have to kill them?"

OMG I had to turn the 911 off that is horrible. He could barely make out his words I could imagine that is the way one would act under this kind of situation. I feel sick now.. :( (really surprised with the way he handled this that he didnt go kill the mother at that moment)

OMG I had to turn the 911 off that is horrible. He could barely make out his words I could imagine that is the way one would act under this kind of situation. I feel sick now.. :( (really surprised with the way he handled this that he didnt go kill the mother at that moment)

I had the exact same reaction. I kept thinking the dad was going to beat her up or something.

I can't listen to the 911 call. I saw video of the man yesterday in the back of a car (police car maybe) and he was just crying his eyes out.
I got so teary eyed watching him.
Just so sad. :(

CLEVELAND — Authorities charged a Cleveland mom with two counts of aggravated murder Tuesday after the father of her two young daughters found the girls "lifeless" in a bathtub of water, police said.

Amber Hill, 22, was arrested at her apartment after calling her husband to tell him that the children "are at peace," said Cleveland police Lt. Thomas Stacho. Hill remains in city jail on suicide watch.

A 2-year-old girl and her 4-year-old sister drowned, according to the county coroner, who ruled the deaths homicides.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298844,00.html

Indygirl.. re: my post about 'why didn't the neighbor go up and do something'... I misread the original news clipping... I thought it said "the neighbor heard the GIRLS screaming and shouting".... my bad... I was wondering why she didn't go up and investigate. Of course when you're 2 and 4, and someone is hurting you, you're probably going to do more screaming than 'shouting'. Sorry for my confusing post!

Her kids were totally healthy, SHE was totally healthy (far as we know), the father was there, he was working and far as we can tell, supportive.. no prior abuse (right?).. no drugs problems, major legal/money issues, he wasn't about to abandon them (far as we know), he even took on the other daughter as his own and called her HIS daughter.... up til now she took care of her daughters & was said to be a god mom... studying to be a nursing student, (ironically)... had some stress with balancing school and parenthood... but, it doesn't say that she was working too, on top of it......

EVERYTHING here points to a classic case of post-partum depression as the main reason for her sudden 'snap'. Seems hard to fathom, but I don't see any other explanation, does anyone else.....?

It will be interesting to see what comes out.. were there any signs of prior psychosis or mental illness before this, as in the Andrea Y case? In this woman's photo, she doesn't look out of it.. she appears to completely understand what happened... sad.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/1002/bathtub_ap.html
Not That this changes my feelings of the mother.

In July 2006, Cintron pleaded no contest and was found guilty of domestic violence against Hill in Cleveland Municipal Court.
During an argument with Hill "he started knocking things over, then he said he was leaving with their children, he picked up a hammer and broke the TV with it, then he grabbed her by the neck and shoved her," a summons for his arrest said.

Okay, that makes sense. This seems to happen all the time. Darren Tuck is a good case in point- reeled in for the videotape but now in trouble for back child-support.

Did I read this right or did it actually say they arrested the father?

Unless they changed it after you read it, this is what is says:
The father of two young girls pulled them from a bathtub Monday, where they apparently drowned, and their mother was arrested, police said.

They just had an interview with him on the news. He's just heartbroken. He looks like a zombie..... :(

Here's a link with some pics of the girls.... http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7152362
Here's the video with the interview I was talking about, also from the woio website: http://tinyurl.com/3chwp8

Hi Janet, I was wondering when you'd see this! This made Nancy Grace tonight. Quite surprised to see that.

I've heard the father (they weren't married) is abusive. Twice she called police, 1st time she moved out and got together with him again after 5 months and then had the 2nd baby. (ARGH) Her aunt says he's been abusive all this time and she hasn't called police. Not making excuses, but maybe she was (in her mind) protecting them from him?

If the dang relatives knew about this abusive husband, why couldn't they do anything about it? Maybe they did, but now two girls are dead probably because of this sick relationship.

Janet will probably understand but in the beginning there was some confusion about someone being "shot". For a while, the 911 dispatcher kept pressing that point. There have been SO MANY shootings in and around that part of town that the 911 dispatcher just kep trying to get the shooting details! Not funny really, but locally it just shows that everyone knows where all the bullets are usually flying.

Quoting for link

The father of two young girls pulled them from a bathtub Monday, where they apparently drowned, and their mother was arrested, police said.

Indy, I wasn't sure if this was directed to me? I know the mom admitted killing them. I was just saying in her mind, maybe she thought she was protecting them from his abuse, either now or in the future.

BTW, I wondered if the neighbors heard screaming and commotion all the time from that apartment so that's why they didn't call anyone this time? Just guessing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back