2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

Sounds to me as if LE is becoming very defensive...after probably receiving all kinds of heat when the news first came out about the "deal."

Any deal is invalid if it turns out the suspect lied about their role in the crime.

But my worry is how can they prove cause of death. How can they prove she did not just die and then the suspect(s) panicked and did their worst, to cover up her death.

Sounds to me as if LE is becoming very defensive...after probably receiving all kinds of heat when the news first came out about the "deal."

Any deal is invalid if it turns out the suspect lied about their role in the crime.

But my worry is how can they prove cause of death. How can they prove she did not just die and then the suspect(s) panicked and did their worst, to cover up her death.

BBM

IMO..That's why we have not seen charges. The clock is ticking. And the longer it ticks without ANY type of charges regarding Zahra, the more I worry. It seems like there are some that are charged right away, and then the ones that this much time goes by, they don't turn out very good. Kyron, Haleigh, etc...

BBM

IMO..That's why we have not seen charges. The clock is ticking. And the longer it ticks without ANY type of charges regarding Zahra, the more I worry. It seems like there are some that are charged right away, and then the ones that this much time goes by, they don't turn out very good. Kyron, Haleigh, etc...

At least Zahra has been found, dismemberment is pretty well a given, hiding the body and other evidence also is pretty well a given. From the search warrants there appears to be half a ton of physical items collected and a significant amount of electronic information being sought. There remain at least two outstanding warrants which the DA will be fighting next week to keep sealed unlike the ones released. Lab results to come back yet most likely plus the autopsy report and tox scans if done. With all of that I can't see any arrest(s) until all of that data is received, reviewed and a basic theory developed which points in the appropriate direction.

I'd rather wait and have LE and the DA satisfied they know what happened than for them to rush an arrest(s). JMO, there appears to be plenty of signs that an impending storm is yet to come. Should add, autopsies alone take over 30 days, if Chapel Hill has not changed significantly, I say that from following three cases from near Raleigh - all 30 to 50 days for the autopsy report alone.

I just want everyone to remember it's the District Attorney that made this deal, not the investigators. The investigators have worked tirelessly day in and day out....I am sure this is like a slap in the face for them.

I am so mad I could spit. Our DA is...well...I just won't even go there........:banghead:

When charges are filed, the clock starts ticking and discovery comes into play including a right to a speedy trial. I am sure they are crossing their t's and dotting their i's before any charges come down.

Yes, good thread. Thanks for your input, raisincharlie.

I wasn't sure where to share this, but here is another case with a evil stepmother...and stupid (grrr) father....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101209/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_children_alabama

snipped- BBM
"Leavell-Keaton is held in Kentucky on child abuse charges and awaiting return to Alabama, where she could be charged in the children's slayings. Police have said she and Deblase shared responsibility for their deaths.

Each one blames the other for killing the children."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back