TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHHHH.. SHE SAID THE R WORD,,, coulda eassed it in a bit better

We asked that she stop tiptoeing around the truth! She is certainly being blunt, but the way she said it made it sound completely believable. There was no other way to express it. If she had used more PC language, people might have assumed she was speaking literally and that Shawn ACTUALLY IS mentally retarded. It was just an insulting thing to say about him while she was mad, and she didn't try to sugar coat it.

Maybe HD took out the earring herself because her ear was sore or infected? Also she had long hair, unless her hair was pulled back it would be easy to miss...

if she only got them for xmas it would be too quick for it to be infected i'd imagine, if she stayed at CD's that night and not the next.

i have 2" gauges and once you start you dont take them out unless there is a reason - i gave my 13 year old girl neighbour a bunch of little gauges and she was crazy for them, i think its a big trend with teens?!

STARRY NIGHT--I WS TRING TO EDIT WHO I WANTED TO QUOYE..IT DIDNT WORK

IT WAS THE COMMENT MADE BY LISA ABOUT THE SHORT BUS ETC
FORGIVE ME

I KNOW THE NEW LAS PASSED IN CONGRESS

ANYWAY....i cant beleive adult still says stuff like short bus and stuff
I tried to delete my stupid post. I am with you.

i think theres something here too, but in would come under "other" suspects.

IIRC....she slept in livingroom because of tv being there, then got one for Christmas for her room? I know I got my kids tv's one year, and gave those to them early because they were out of school, and they could enjoy them the whole Christmas break....

Yes, I understand the thinking, but I really wonder how safe Hailey felt in the home with SA. I guess it would be telling if she slept on the couch before he lived there. mo

I am floored at what is being called "common practice"...

IMO this is the farthest from "common place" that I have EVER seen..heard of.. read about..etc..etc.

It is NOT common AT ALL to remove an abducted child's sibling from custody and place that sibling into State's custody...especially considering this sibling is 16yrs old???

This just doesn't occur..EVER..

The only times that anything even remotely similar occurs is when one of the parents suspects the other parent of being directly involved in the childs "disappearance" and that parent removes himself along with the minor child{of course the most likely exa ple of this would be the Horman case}..

But for the child #1 to be of 16 yrs of age{hardly of an age that would be defenseless or helpless against a parent if said parent were to possibly inflict harm on him}.. and #2 if child is being removed from mom's custody due to LE leaning heavily toward mom being directly involved in harming his sister...there is quite obviously another parent willing and able for DD to stay with him{as its been stated many and multiple times that both HD and DD pretty much split their time between these two parents homes anyway}

So why in the he!! is this already traumatized and emotionally vulnerable 16 yr old boy being placed into the state of Texas custody?????

!6 yrs old!! There are 16 yr olds that are totally and completely EMANCIPATED FROM BOTH PARENTS everyday in this country... To not have to be in the custody of anyone as a minor..

This is very very upsetting to me..More so than anything that I have heard in recent days..THIS IS ANGERING..FRUSTRATING..HEARTWRENCHING for what DD is continued to be subjected to after the initial emotional trauma of having Hailey "disappeared".. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THAT THIS 16 YR OLD IS BEING SUBJECTED TO FURTHER TRAUMA DIRECTLY BY THE STATE OF TEXAS..

and I certainly would like to know how Mr. Pete Kampfer can possibly explain how that removing DD and placing him into the state's custody is "common practice"?
Seriously I want Pete to answerr how in the he!! this is "common practice" and how that he justifies further UNNECESSARY emotional TRAUMA that is being inflicted on this innocent 16 yr old boy???

Has this been demanded an answer and/or an explanation for this question? Because I certainly haven't seen anyone even batting an eyelash in worry or concern for what this already fragile teenager is being subjected to.. THIS IS 100% NOT NECESSARY!

When there is not only an available..caring..concerned father but an entire multitude of maternal/paternal family members that reside in the immediate surrounding areas..

WHY IS HE INSTEAD TAKEN INTO THE COLD.. LAST RESORT..OF THE STATE OF TEXAS CUSTODY???

I come from a family of social workers. My sister and mother work protectivie services and remove children from homes. I do not believe this is at all common practice. The state is not in the business of re victimizing the victim. However, they do remove when the house is unsafe. I believe because the parents (both CD and HD ) both of questionable parenting and one child is missing , that it is in the best interest to remove the child from the home until further determination is made. The good news is that both will be required to go to parenting classes and counseling. It is one thing to point fingers at the mistakes both parents made but it is far more productive to teach them and train them what to do now.

well...lol. i see a multi quote button now...sorry for the Kornfusion..:)

I posted the same thing that Billie told me yesterday on one of these threads....she got a TV for her room for Christmas and had just started sleeping (for the most part) in her room instead of the living room.

Okay. BINGO. I was wondering what it was that 'changed' in the house. I mean, IF, SA was going to harm HD, why now after all this time.

So she gets a TV for Christmas and begins sleeping in her own room for the first time since he moved in. Is that what gave him the chance to finally get the privacy he needed?
Did he sneak in there one night?

I couldnt believe BD still kept denying SA said Hailey even with NG having the report right in front of her. What was that about? Im literally :waitasec: my head after tonights show. I dont know what to think. And I do feel sorry for Billie. She looks bad. But I have to agree with Lillian. She is in major denial about SA if she isnt involved in this mess. jmo

I'm behind, so I apologize if this was already addressed, but I don't see CD letting SA freely roam around his house? So, how could it have been planted?
BD said she never locked doors. CD probably doesn't either. Do we know that there wasn't a time when CD and his gf were both away from the house? If not on Monday, then Tuesday before H's disappearance was discovered.

STARRY NIGHT--I WS TRING TO EDIT WHO I WANTED TO QUOYE..IT DIDNT WORK

IT WAS THE COMMENT MADE BY LISA ABOUT THE SHORT BUS ETC
FORGIVE ME

I KNOW THE NEW LAS PASSED IN CONGRESS

ANYWAY....i cant beleive adult still says stuff like short bus and stuff

I think that's why it's always best to use the correct terminology, rather than slang. I'm a School Psychologist and test/diagnosis/work with children with all sorts of diagnoses. When the correct terminology is used, then there's no room for feelings being hurt.

I think our society still has a long way to go in that regard.

UUHHH just taking a a stab in the dark here-- to protect him? For his own good? Because they don't know who to trust/believe and they are looking out for his welfare?

Uhhh Duh? My entire concern WAS for DD's best interest and NOT ANY FURTHER UNNECESSARY TRAUMA! My question has been answered and just as I stated would be appropriate in my post...he is indeed WITH FAMILY..NOT in the care of The State of Texas foster care/custody...

That is what was upsetting..That initially it was thought he WAS NOT IN THE CARE OF FAMILY... AND THAT WAS MY ENTIRE PROBLEM...

Thankfully we have learned that just as I had hoped he is indeed WITH FAMILY..

Sorry if it was misunderstood as ANYTHING other than thaT..

BD doesn't make any connections to her daughter behaving differently having SA around the house. I suspect Hailey had implemented ways to avoid SA getting her alone.

Why would Hailey choose to sleep in the living room instead of her own room? The bf was roaming around the house and standing by her br door years ago, but then she figured out she was safer sleeping on the couch perhaps.

BD using the word "awesome" to describe her and SA's relationship in the last six months bothers me. She sounds so blinded by love. How could Hailey talk to her about SA and get understood?

Sick over the news day by day.

BD: We have a rocky relationship. The last year was good, the last 6 months were awesome.

:tsktsk: Maybe for you, but I highly doubt your kids thought it was "awesome".

You've called police on the guy more than once, he's threatened to kill both you and her dad, yet you don't believe she could be afraid of him?

Okay Billie, so the 911 calls won't help us find Hailey, right? What you don't seem to realize is that every time you stretch the truth, conveniently forgetting you even MADE those calls in the first place, you bring more negative attention and scrutiny onto yourself. And most importantly, because you have been less than forthright, you have diverted investigative resources that could have been following other leads.

It's almost odd that DD would take the earring back to BD,why didn't he ask his father about it?The photo posted is interesting.Maybe he did,just wondering.

I come from a family of social workers. My sister and mother work protectivie services and remove children from homes. I do not believe this is at all common practice. The state is not in the business of re victimizing the victim. However, they do remove when the house is unsafe. I believe because the parents (both CD and HD ) both of questionable parenting and one child is missing , that it is in the best interest to remove the child from the home until further determination is made. The good news is that both will be required to go to parenting classes and counseling. It is one thing to point fingers at the mistakes both parents made but it is far more productive to teach them and train them what to do now.

Thank u Carmen..I appreciate your explaining this process..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021