IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that you answered your question in your post. His parents. But he is here so how are they blocking contact? Not a good idea for him legally if he is still a poi.

I believe they reached out several times this summer. After being rebuffed several times, they more than likely stopped. But why would his parents block contact? You could be right, and JW's attorney could have advised against contact because he is a POI. Really difficult for JW and CS and RS because they are all suffering and could be comforting to each other. Maybe the public comments by CS and RS are aimed at JW to let him know that they do not suspect him.

I believe they reached out several times this summer. After being rebuffed several times, they more than likely stopped. But why would his parents block contact? You could be right, and JW's attorney could have advised against contact because he is a POI. Really difficult for JW and CS and RS because they are all suffering and could be comforting to each other. Maybe the public comments by CS and RS are aimed at JW to let him know that they do not suspect him.

To put it crudely maybe because LS' behavior led to a situation that dragged their son and the family name through the mud. I do agree that rs/cs were reaching out with recent comment.

2 things... As for PsOI getting on with their lives....
It's pretty unlikely every POI is guilty or knows anything past what they have told. Therefore, what are the innocent ones supposed to do? And it's possible every POI is innocent. Of course they are getting on with their lives. CS and LS cannot expect everyone associated with this case to turn their lives into a search for LS, putting their own lives and families on hold until she is found.

And here comes the tough thing to say: It's not healthy for RS and CS to continue this search forever. At some point, whether a point that has already passed or a point in the near future they are going to have to get on with their own lives. They cannot, IMHO, maintain this type of focus on this case. It will consume them, and some of the comments lead me to believe it already has.

It's pretty unlikely every POI is guilty or knows anything past what they have told. Therefore, what are the innocent ones supposed to do? And it's possible every POI is innocent. Of course they are getting on with their lives. CS and LS cannot expect everyone associated with this case to turn their lives into a search for LS, putting their own lives and families on hold until she is found.

And here comes the tough thing to say: It's not healthy for RS and CS to continue this search forever. At some point, whether a point that has already passed or a point in the near future they are going to have to get on with their own lives. They cannot, IMHO, maintain this type of focus on this case. It will consume them, and some of the comments lead me to believe it already has.

I wouldn't underestimate the parent's resolve to find Lauren. CS has said time and again that "she can not imagine going home to stay without Lauren".
Taking a break from searching...sure. But they will never throw in the towel to "get on with their lives" as you put it.
Finding their daughter has become their life...whatever the cost.

Of course the perp/s are counting on this case going cold...but there will always be someone searching and someone watching whether RS and CS stay around or not...guarantee it.

While I agree that the PsOI can get on with their lives, I don't believe RS and CS can without closure. Not knowing what happened to LS will also consume them and in a powerless way. Doing what they're doing gives them the power to make a difference, for LS and others. That's all they have. Of course CS is tired. She's been given a horrible job to do.

I hope they never back down until they find answers. I went from a teen to a mom of teens praying a cold case (OCCK) would be solved
(http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/05/19/news/local_news/doc4dd5022fe573c817861318.txt). Parents really can't let go of something like this, nor should they. BPD will have other cases to solve; CS and RS will not.

Heard from a reliable source that CS and RS have reached out to JW several times, but his parents have blocked contact. The comments CS and RS have made about JW in recent stories reiterates their support of him. Why won't he support them?

If he has an attorney, and I believe he does, then the attorney (that his parents have probably paid for) has most likely said to not talk to anyone.... and the parents are enforcing that. I can understand that.

I believe Indiana is a state where a person can be recorded without his or her knowledge. If the PI from NY were as smart as he claims, he would hire some hot guy to pursue HT, make her confidence, sympathize with her about how her friends are being thought of as bad guys just because they were with LS that night. My guess is she would sing like a bird.

Probably so... but that's hard to do after you've "come out" on TV as being able to tape without someone's knowledge.

And really... perhaps they've already done that... because, let's be honest, PI isn't going to share any info with us either!

Someone mentioned that sometimes workers sleep at construction sites for security purposes. Has LE confirmed that this might have been the case at the construction on 11th St. June 3? Maybe a worker saw something that could be helpful. If said worker is an illegal immigrant, he might be afraid to come forward.

And, the Waffle House in Bloomington is open 24/7 and local LE are always there, even at 4 a.m. Don't ask me how I know. :winko:

Does that make the mystery witness report less likely to be true? Because it's more likely that LS and the mystery person would have been seen, perhaps by LE? Compare this google maps view over to the Waffle House parking lot from near the corner of 10th and College: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=waffle+house+bloomington&ll=39.171677,-86.535037&spn=0.010297,0.017638&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,3371109269461741078&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=39.171675,-86.534913&panoid=P_WIudra7HuF7pDpkB9iiw&cbp=12,117.55,,0,-3.07"]Google Maps[/ame].

Is this perhaps part of why LE has appeared to discount the report of the mystery witness?

Does that make the mystery witness report less likely to be true? Because it's more likely that LS and the mystery person would have been seen, perhaps by LE? Compare this google maps view over to the Waffle House parking lot from near the corner of 10th and College: Google Maps.

Is this perhaps part of why LE has appeared to discount the report of the mystery witness?

The Google camera lens makes the distance between WH and the corner look farther than it really is. Parts of this video by CJ are good (the linear video as opposed to audio) and the location in question starts at 0:40. The perspective is from the parking lot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNa1F5rGkB4"]Lauren Spierer abduction theory - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.

Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.
What I do not understand is the video of LS in the alley is the last place LS is actually known to have been before she disappeared.Who ever was on the video with her is the last person or persons that we can be sure was with her before she disappeared yet LE refuses to release that person or persons identity.I have seen far to many cases where LE releases video of the last time a person is seen to believe this police chiefs drivel of protecting the integrity of the case.Also not very comforting that the police chief would use the same line of " protecting the integrity of the case" that JR used.

Fox59 TV van was up the street from Kilroys, right outside of Jakes at Lunchtime today. Dunno why.

At first, I thought they were withholding information because they wanted to have the proper ammunition to charge the right person when a body was found.

There is so much info that could be known, from mobile phone records alone.

I hope they never back down until they find answers. Parents really can't let go of something like this, nor should they. BPD will have other cases to solve; CS and RS will not.

I never said they should give up, but they can't make it their life either. Not to the point of leaving their own home and staying in Bloomington. Early in the case that is one thing, but as time goes on that has to grow more and more unhealthy IMHO. I imagine it will end up counter productive as well if they start losing context and suspecting anyone and anything as evidence of guilt.... which would be a symptom of focusing too much of their energy on this.

What I do not understand is the video of LS in the alley is the last place LS is actually known to have been before she disappeared.Who ever was on the video with her is the last person or persons that we can be sure was with her before she disappeared yet LE refuses to release that person or persons identity.I have seen far to many cases where LE releases video of the last time a person is seen to believe this police chiefs drivel of protecting the integrity of the case.Also not very comforting that the police chief would use the same line of " protecting the integrity of the case" that JR used.

Well, I still can't imagine JR saying he was with Lauren up until 4:30AM if he wasn't. There is no reason to place himself with her at all, unless he is telling the truth, or there were witnesses. So I think technically he is the last known person to see her. JMO

I never said they should give up, but they can't make it their life either. Not to the point of leaving their own home and staying in Bloomington. Early in the case that is one thing, but as time goes on that has to grow more and more unhealthy IMHO. I imagine it will end up counter productive as well if they start losing context and suspecting anyone and anything as evidence of guilt.... which would be a symptom of focusing too much of their energy on this.

I can see you're worried about the toll it's taking, a legitimate concern. I just think that as parents, they need to do what they consider enough. To wake up someday and feel otherwise would be devastating. They are fortunate to be financially able, which is often a detriment. I realize they have friends back in NY who are emotionally supportive. Perhaps they'll find a compromise.

I also worry that without their presence this case might go colder. Like when you have a loved one in the hospital ... if you're there and make your presence known, your loved one often gets more attention. JMO, from my experience. They do have PI presence, but I don't know if that has the same emotional punch.

I hope I didn't sound harsh before ... I do hear your concern. But as a mom I identify with CS here, and I suspect I'd be doing exactly what she is, until I couldn't any longer.

It is easy to say that the healthier thing for her parents to do would be to move on and cut their losses, but in reality they lost their little girl in a way that does not allow any closure at all. They are being very aggressive and to some people that is bad and to some it is good, but either way it is the way they are personally dealing with it. I hope somewhere Lauren is able to see how much her parents love her and are fighting for her.

That isn't my take at all. I'd be willing to bet that the BPD believes that they know what happened and who is responsible. Proving it is the challenge.

It is easy to say that the healthier thing for her parents to do would be to move on and cut their losses, but in reality they lost their little girl in a way that does not allow any closure at all. They are being very aggressive and to some people that is bad and to some it is good, but either way it is the way they are personally dealing with it. I hope somewhere Lauren is able to see how much her parents love her and are fighting for her.

Playing devil's advocate, I do wonder if any POI would drop his guard if he felt the pressure had temporarily lessened. IDK if there's any police psychology to support such a thing. I feel the BPD, PI, and even FBI would advise the Spierers of that if they thought it would help ...

"Cut their losses" is the wrong term. I'd say it's more about finding a balance between still searching for their daughter and reconnecting with their former life, friends, and family as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆