NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - by way of being devil's advocate, as requested by somebody last night, here is a question of logic:

If we are speculating that those text messages were sent by GBC in the morning as a means of contributing to an alibi and appearance of innocence, presumably he would be doing so fully aware that his phone would reveal those. That, in fact, it was the desired effect.

If that were the case, then wouldn't it be reasonable that he would also be aware that calls - Facetime or otherwise - made during the night would also be revealed?

Could it be feasible (I'm not saying "likely" - just feasible) that the calls in the middle of the night WERE something which they want to keep hidden, for whatever reason, but that the texts in the morning were genuine?

Just a devil's advocate question - not saying that IS the case, just one possible explanation. How do we reconcile the fact that there seem to have been shonky calls in the middle of the night, yet the texts in the morning are supposed to be calculated for his alibi knowing that the phone would tell all?

I think he didn't realise the facetime calls were logged at a system level and deleted them from the activity log on the phone thinking they wouldn't be able to track them. (I don't know much about facetime sorry, but am guessing it has a call log like a normal phone)
He would have know the messages were definitely logged though as they are billable, and probably left them as an alibi.
The records of facetime seem to have been pulled from a system log on the phone. They are in UTC which is what most computers log events, and then they are displayed with the relevant timezone.

What is weird (and maybe it's just me) is why he didn't try to call his wife at the time.
Maybe he thought the messages, as they were recorded on the phone, will produce a more convincing alibi.
If you were honest in your ways at that time your would call, as the next questions would be do you want me to get the kids up and make them breakfast/lunch. Yes it's very circumstantial and analysis the actions of someone I don't know, but the messages do seem weird.

Preliminary examination for blood first involves screening using the Kastle Myer test. This is based on the property of haemoglobin which enables it to accelerate the oxidation of phenolphthalein, in a peroxidise-like manner, such that there is a colour change from colourless to pink. In cases where the Kastle Myer test gives a negative result, but the presence of blood is thought to be likely the luminol test is employed. This test is not the first choice test since it degrades the DNA present, but it is very sensitive and can detect tiny traces of blood up to 300,000 times diluted. The luminol reacts with haemoglobin to produce molecules which emit light.
After a positive preliminary test confirmation testing must be done. This involves determining the species of origin of the blood in question, which can be done using the precipitin test. The precipitin test involves an immuno-electrophoresis reaction using an antigen-antibody reaction. The antibody may be an anti-human serum or may be for other animals which could possibly have been present. In a positive reaction a precipitate is produced.

So this would mean the lit up part was infact blood.....As it was the hemoglobin (which cleaning products dont have) that made it emit the light.

I have never known these luminol tests to light up cleaning products. I thought i was going bananas.

Thanks BJ xx

Peter Davis seemed to say "It's not Allison's blood".... I wonder if he is stating this in the hope that the blood strength has diminished somewhat to the point that it is unidentifiable..I doubt the police would be submitting it though if it was not infact Allison's blood.

I wonder if they have looked into whether Bruce Overland had a cell phone.... Hmmmmm

Yep....and whether those messages reveals he discusses his dressing habits everyday with his wife.....sheesh. If my husband texted, "I'm dressed"...Id text back "Unless you are in a clown suit, I dont give a grit"......Nah!!! Id not type that, but I would think "Who friggin cares"....lol

Like DER.....DAILY OCCURENCE!!!! :floorlaugh:

ROFPML - sorry !! Just got this mental image of GBC saying to the officers, when they arrived "look I dressed myself !!" the running down the hallway with his arms spread like a plane going "weeeeeeeee" and the officers noting that his underpants were OVER his trousers !!

MOO

Just catching up on the news now. The text messages are interesting.
Not so much in the wording (which is weird), but in the fact is pretty much confirms the kids were home that night.

So who still amongst use were the ones who "confirmed" and actively wouldn't accept that they possibly could have been home that night?
I remember the discussions weeks ago and it was websleuth fact that they weren't there even though MSM reported the friend said she had a conference and the kids had a sleep over that night. (being the Friday)

People sometimes need to accept that rumours are just that and maybe accept that there is more than one possibility I think.

I originally thought the media reports meant the sleepover was on the Friday but I became convinced that a murder wouldn't have happened with the kids there, so took on other WS's thoughts that the sleepover was on the Thursday.

The report on murdering husbands that someone posted last night said it's amazing that most murders (or at least a surprising number, can't recall which) happen when the children are at home.

I think he didn't realise the facetime calls were logged at a system level and deleted them from the activity log on the phone thinking they wouldn't be able to track them. (I don't know much about facetime sorry, but am guessing it has a call log like a normal phone)
He would have know the messages were definitely logged though as they are billable, and probably left them as an alibi.
The records of facetime seem to have been pulled from a system log on the phone. They are in UTC which is what most computers log events, and then they are displayed with the relevant timezone.

What is weird (and maybe it's just me) is why he didn't try to call his wife at the time.
Maybe he thought the messages, as they were recorded on the phone, will produce a more convincing alibi.
If you were honest in your ways at that time your would call, as the next questions would be do you want me to get the kids up and make them breakfast/lunch. Yes it's very circumstantial and analysis the actions of someone I don't know, but the messages do seem weird.

FaceTime is via wi-fi it's a VOIP type system, so it's not billed :)

MOO

I do not understand why blood is on both sides of the car......hmmmmm.

Again taken from the tv screenshot as I know some overseas people cant see the news videos.

Thank you Bayside...i saw a photo, but this video "grab" is better by far. I really appreciate the locals doing this as video content is restricted here. We get a message saying your location is not allowed to view it.

Shows both sides. I can't believe the amount of blood. a broken tooth? makes no sense. Could it all have been "washed up" on the sides as a result of the cleaning up he/they did?

Am I correct that in the luminal pics, the blue areas are where the blood has been found and the white areas are where blood has been cleaned from? It looks in the pics as if the handles have been removed to reveal surfaces where the blood seeped to. Probably would have been missed in the frantic clean up in the dark.

ROFPML - sorry !! Just got this mental image of GBC saying to the officers, when they arrived "look I dressed myself !!" the running down the hallway with his arms spread like a plane going "weeeeeeeee" and the officers noting that his underpants were OVER his trousers !!

MOO
That's funny.

I originally thought the media reports meant the sleepover was on the Friday but I became convinced that a murder wouldn't have happened with the kids there, so took on other WS's thoughts that the sleepover was on the Thursday.

The report on murdering husbands that someone posted last night said it's amazing that most murders (or at least a surprising number, can't recall which) happen when the children are at home.

I thought the CM's reports were a bit ambiguous regarding the sleepover, that perhaps it was deliberate until such time as they had more information, it was not specific which night.

Chemist, sometimes supermarket. It crackles as the wax dissolves. No crackle, no wax.

Id be careful doing that.....Flippin putting peroxide in your ears?...Youll go deaf before your time doing that....Id be too scared, you sure are brave.

I believe it was reported that the seats had been removed.

seats were not removed, it would take several hours to do this and this fool would not even know how to do this. The captiva rear seats (1 row only of rear seats in their car) were simply released by the latches and dropping down allowing for a bigger space in the back obviously

Am I correct that in the luminal pics, the blue areas are where the blood has been found and the white areas are where blood has been cleaned from? It looks in the pics as if the handles have been removed to reveal surfaces where the blood seeped to. Probably would have been missed in the frantic clean up in the dark.

If that is the blood (im wondering too)......Sheesh, I dont call that a droplet.....Unless it's a droplet from an elephants perspective.

If that is the blood (im wondering too)......Sheesh, I dont call that a droplet.....Unless it's a droplet from an elephants perspective.

Perhaps the luminol picked out the original droplet (maybe had more time to sink into fibres), and the larger result is from the attempts to clean it,

MOO

FaceTime is via wi-fi it's a VOIP type system, so it's not billed :)

MOO

He would have used FaceTime thinking it wouldn't be detected..even the charging times he wouldn't have had a clue about those.

He just didn't take into account there are people a whole lot smarter than him & his daddy. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when those little pieces of info hit their heads because it would have been right there & then the old pile of fit hit the shan in the BC clan.

Id be careful doing that.....Flippin putting peroxide in your ears?...Youll go deaf before your time doing that....Id be too scared, you sure are brave.

Yes, just be safe and get some proper products, like ear wax softener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100