Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Schu, I hope so too ! That "sentencing hearing" was all "messed up" with incorrect time served, etc., and it needs to be "straightened out" ...

JP clearly stated the 4 counts lying to LE to be served "consecutively" so how in the world could CFCA serve the check charges "concurrently" with the lying charges ? This needs to be fixed !

MOO MOO MOO ...

I have wondered that since the day she was sentenced.

Let's do the math - she was in jail for 3 years.

When she was convicted of the check charges, she was sentenced to time served = 2 yrs.

3 yrs - 2 yrs = 1 year remaining. If that third year was her year on 'probation', then she still has FOUR years to serve on the lying charges!

Or, if HHJP considers that third year as the equivalent of her time 'owed' for the lying charges, then she has to serve a year of supervised probation.

But I continue to ask, WHAT ABOUT SENTENCING FOR THE OTHER SEVEN CHARGES THAT HHJS WITHHELD SENTENCING ON?????

I would hope if I got into a jam or anyone in my family, we can request KC type justice. Misty Cummings is no angel, but she's serving 25 yrs. for being caught with 100 pills?? Some type justice down der in Fla. :truce:

Yup! Makes me sick! I did 6 years probation/suspended sentence (If I so much as spit on the side walk and got caught, it could be a violation and they could make me serve the 6 years), 250 hours of community service (If I failed to show up, they could violate me and make me serve the time) manditory psych meds and therapy, drug testing, and couldn't associate with my mother (or any other felon, which is every member of my family) because we were arrested together. For selling 2 Oxycontin and 4 Klonopin to a "friend". I was facing 15 years in prison. I'm not whining.. I did wrong and I know it.. I'm fine with all that I just resent that others can just walk away like nothing ever happened.. no price to pay at all when others work hard to prove themselves.. do the work. There is something wrong in Florida and as I've said all along, the judge in this case just does not impress me.

Yup! Makes me sick! I did 6 years probation/suspended sentence (If I so much as spit on the side walk and got caught, it could be a violation and they could make me serve the 6 years), 250 hours of community service (If I failed to show up, they could violate me and make me serve the time) manditory psych meds and therapy, drug testing, and couldn't associate with my mother (or any other felon, which is every member of my family) because we were arrested together. For selling 2 Oxycontin and 4 Klonopin to a "friend". I was facing 15 years in prison. I'm not whining.. I did wrong and I know it.. I'm fine with all that I just resent that others can just walk away like nothing ever happened.. no price to pay at all when others work hard to prove themselves.. do the work. There is something wrong in Florida and as I've said all along, the judge in this case just does not impress me.

I was just talking about this on another thread, if the judge rules for Casey then every prisoner who is near probation is going to file that they are entitled to the same rights as she has. Especially the ones who are in there for non violent and petty crimes such as yours. It's not just Fl it's the entire prison system. We spend billions of tax dollars on our prison system every year and I don't hear a lot about what is going to be done to remedy this growing problem.

I have wondered that since the day she was sentenced.

Let's do the math - she was in jail for 3 years.

When she was convicted of the check charges, she was sentenced to time served = 2 yrs.

3 yrs - 2 yrs = 1 year remaining. If that third year was her year on 'probation', then she still has FOUR years to serve on the lying charges!

Or, if HHJP considers that third year as the equivalent of her time 'owed' for the lying charges, then she has to serve a year of supervised probation.

But I continue to ask, WHAT ABOUT SENTENCING FOR THE OTHER SEVEN CHARGES THAT HHJS WITHHELD SENTENCING ON?????

Where I see the problem comes in is that 4 years is not really 4 years. You have to deduct good behavior and time served or something like that. When you are sequestered how can you not have good behavior? I agree it's like she didn't serve any time for the lying or the checks one of the two. Those are two different crimes. She didn't lie about the checks she lied about Caylees whereabouts. They need someone to take a good look into our prison system. It's become a very lucrative business that is costing way to much.

Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 8 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!

It wasn't justice system that set KC free. It was 12 jurors who, for whatever reason, decided the state could not prove time or place of death so they ruled her not guilty. Had they listened to the jury instructions they would have known the state was not obligated to prove that. Americans have listening problems big time. jmo

My brother got shot last Saturday night in a work related robbery. If his shooter and accomplices get FCA's kind of sentencing I will go freaking mad as will my family.

I sincerely hope this travesty with FCA is just a flaw in our judicial system and not where the system is at these days. I guess I will soon find out personally.

Judge Perry is going to go by the letter of the law and that is what he should be doing, imo. This should not be decided on emotion because KC was found innocent of a crime most feel she did.

He is going by case law only on this and he should. Also, even if he decides she has to serve (which is possible), they most likely will do administrative probation to protect her safety. She is being threatened constantly as are her attorneys - so if she has administrative probation, the people who are threatening her can thank themselves for it. I think Judge Perry did an excellent job on this case - it was a case that needed to be handled sagely and he did that. It is in no way his fault that the jury came back with the verdict they did.

That is how I see it.

I agree, and I hope if Casey has to serve probation, that it will be moved to another State and city, not in orlando. IMO she shouldn't have to pay the State for prosecuting her, but she should repay the cost of searching for Caylee when she knew all along she was dead. If Casey has to pay for the State prosecuting her, I think every time they prosecute someone and lose the defendant should have to pay the State for prosecuting THEM, which is totally RIDICULOUS.

My brother got shot last Saturday night in a work related robbery. If his shooter and accomplices get FCA's kind of sentencing I will go freaking mad as will my family.

I sincerely hope this travesty with FCA is just a flaw in our judicial system and not where the system is at these days. I guess I will soon find out personally.

So, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he is on the mend and wish him well.
I do understand your concern and hope he receives justice.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I worry for you, and for Tulessa's brother's killers' trial. I hope in both cases true justice is served. I seriously hope this verdict was just a fluke.

I agree, and I hope if Casey has to serve probation, that it will be moved to another State and city, not in orlando. IMO she shouldn't have to pay the State for prosecuting her, but she should repay the cost of searching for Caylee when she knew all along she was dead. If Casey has to pay for the State prosecuting her, I think every time they prosecute someone and lose the defendant should have to pay the State for prosecuting THEM, which is totally RIDICULOUS.

FCA should have to pay for the costs she incurred for her lies, which includes the prosecution...it was an accident, an "accident" remember?

FCA should have to pay for the costs she incurred for her lies, which includes the prosecution...it was an accident, an "accident" remember?

Not to go too far OT but I have been wondering what they will say at the hearing to incur costs? Will they say the "accident" with FCA there was just a defense "theory" and go back to she had no idea what happened to her??? Double jeopardy and all. They're kind of stuck.

It wasn't justice system that set KC free. It was 12 jurors who, for whatever reason, decided the state could not prove time or place of death so they ruled her not guilty. Had they listened to the jury instructions they would have known the state was not obligated to prove that. Americans have listening problems big time. jmo

Besides having the attention span of gnats, we are all just in a hurry to get nowhere. No one cares for our Country, our freedom, just the dollar and the runs. And it is not just the jurors, just us, it is the entire system. I am very guilty of it all too. It is the Now America. Get it done now, get it done cheap, get it done fast, and don't worry about who or how many are tromped down to get there fast and cheap.

jmo

One did!
Judge Pirro let her have it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gl9xWRvmXU

Thanks for posting Judge Pirro
Everytime I see that video it just makes me want to cry.
It makes me sick her mother is being treated so protected.
IT IS NOT FAIR. I wish KC would watch that everyday so she can be reminded in the big picture she is nothing, Caylee is the special one. KC has ruind the lives of her whole family.
I hope she gets her full probation so she has time to learn how real human beings get along in this world Responsibly....

I'm so sorry. Keep us updated and we'll help you through .

I hope the video of Casey enjoying her freedom is brought to Perry's attention - she doesn't appear all that afraid for her life...

The State Department of Corrections probation supervisor, Susan Finigan, talked about how it was not normal to serve probation in jail...except where different individuals like Casey Anthony had other cases on different dockets...then she said it does happen...

The State Department of Corrections in Florida applied Casey Anthony's probation while she was in jail...following the original court order that Judge Strickland ordered on January 25, 2010...then they terminated her probation on January 24, 2011...her time was served while in jail...

Judge Strickland is now saying that he intended for Casey Anthony to serve probation after her release from jail...If in fact that Judge Strickland had intended for this to happen...then he should have been more observant in making sure that the original court document in January 2010 was worded correctly according to his intentions...after all he had to read it and sign it to make it a legal order...

And according to Florida law...he had 60 days from the time that he signed it to make any necessary corrections from January 25th to March 2010...and he failed to do so in that time frame...He waited 1 year and 7 months later to try and make a change...

To make any changes any different than they are right now...it would be a travesty of justice...first you have to look at the integrity of the State of Florida Department of Corrections...This organization knows the law and they uphold the law every day in their work environment...to go against what they have already said that Casey's probation has been served according to the original court document in 2010...

As a member of the American television viewing audience...some of us sitting at home watching the television as all this unfolds leaves us with the impression that Judge Strickland has just made a mockery out of the Department of Corrections...

Hopefully Judge Perry after he carefully evaluates everything will come to the same conclusion that many of us have come to...that he should rescind this latest court order change from Judge Strickland because if Judge Strickland had any problem with the court order that he signed on January 25, 2010...then he failed to follow the letter of the law and he didn't make the changes within the 60 days time period...

And Judge Perry can be the one who makes a difference in turning this mess around with making an awareness program for the judges in the state of Florida...holding them personally responsible for making sure that the court order is in perfect order as their intentions before they sign and date the document and to remind them that they only have 60 days to make any corrections...

This has happened in my family too. IMO drug sentences are way out of hand due to mandatory minimums in the federal system and in some states too. It's really easy to rake in everyone and their dog and call it a conspiracy (if you take one single message for your drug dealing family member you are part of a conspiracy, even if you don't use, sell, or distribute the drugs!)

And people routinely do less than 10 years for murder. Or child abuse. Crazy world we live in.

Wagara...I pray he's okay.

I am sure Judge Perry couldn't care less about a video that may or may not actually be Casey Anthony, or may or may not be an actress paid to hoodwink the gullible media and the throngs of "gotta know where Casey Anthony is and is doing at all times" masses.

I hope the video of Casey enjoying her freedom is brought to Perry's attention - she doesn't appear all that afraid for her life...

I am sure Judge Perry couldn't care less about a video that may or may not actually be Casey Anthony, or may or may not be an actress paid to hoodwink the gullible media and the throngs of "gotta know where Casey Anthony is and is doing at all times" masses.

But he should aware whether or not FCA is receiving payment for videos and photos of herself. She is still claiming indigence, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p