NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
did we know this??? also... I am wondering if he said he was out of town in the abc interview I transcribed when the reporter talked over top of him and I couldn't hear...

Why wasn't the father with Zahra, why did the stepmom have her?

We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. Reports surfaced that he came home and Elisa Baker came running out of the house to tell him Zahra was gone.
Elisa Baker was with Zahra in May when she received the hearing aids from Starkey Hearing and Speedway Children's Charities. When News 14 Carolina interviewed Elisa Baker, she said she was Zahra's mom and didn't specify stepmom.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/zahra_baker_case/zahra_baker_questions/

whaaaat??????

from your transcription:

R: so you went back to sleep and left the house around 11 or 12 on saturday also

B: yes ((no hesitation))

R: also to check on a job. Got back sometime around 2 pm and that;s when you reported that Zahra was missing?

B: Yes sir

Doesnt seem likely he was out of town too unless he didnt get back until

friday night.

IMO, Amber should have been more concerned for a 10 year old child who was under the care of the mother Amber feared. Amber was not under the roof of Elisa and Amber had freedom to go anywhere in the world during the years Zahra was under the "armpits" of Elisa, of which, Zahra couldn't go anywhere.

She looks barely more than a child herself. Considering the dysfunction she grew up with, I am certainly not going to condemn that young lady. She didn't dole out the abuse.

I give her credit for trying to make a better life for herself, and she is trying to do what she can now. It's easy to judge when we aren't in the position ourselves -- God only knows what she and her siblings have been through.

DSS was called by the family. They couldn't kidnap her.

MOO

At this point, I question whether DSS was ever called by anyone, but that is just me at the moment.

I would have called the police, right on the spot, if I spotted a child being abused and then let the police get DSS involved.

perhaps this is where the "conflicting stories from AB" are coming from....

nvestigators have examined mattresses found at a Caldwell County landfill during their search for clues into the disappearance of Zahra Baker.

Hickory police confirmed the information Friday, but investigators would not say if the mattresses were the key piece of evidence that they've been searching for at the landfill this week.

Dozens of investigators returned to the Foothills Environmental Landfill in Lenoir Friday to continue combing through trash.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...igators-examine-mattresses.html#ixzz136XlMwUg

Seeing her fear of her mother while on the stand was heartbreaking. That, to me, WAS her bombshell.

I totally agree! Seeing a full-sized grown woman petrified and sick to her stomach to have to say those things in front of her mother on the screen says it all. It says a small child like Zahra didn't have a chance in heck of being safe with that psychopath.

did we know this??? also... I am wondering if he said he was out of town in the abc interview I transcribed when the reporter talked over top of him and I couldn't hear...

We understand Zahra's father, Adam Baker, was out of town working from Thursday to the time she was reported missing Saturday at 2:30. Reports surfaced that he came home and Elisa Baker came running out of the house to tell him Zahra was gone.
Elisa Baker was with Zahra in May when she received the hearing aids from Starkey Hearing and Speedway Children's Charities. When News 14 Carolina interviewed Elisa Baker, she said she was Zahra's mom and didn't specify stepmom.

whaaaat??????

I found an AP video that you can clearly hear AB say on the 911 call "um ... WE checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there. It's at the one minute mark. The video is on the right side of the page.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13356535

Someone is lyin. Give you a guess at who it is. :crazy:

whaaaat??????

That's just really bad reporting. According to Adam himself in this interview he saw Zahra at home on Thursday, saw her in bed on Friday, was there for the fire on Saturday. So he was never out of town during this time period. http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25360091/index.html

She looks barely more than a child herself. Considering the dysfunction she grew up with, I am certainly not going to condemn that young lady. She didn't dole out the abuse.

I give her credit for trying to make a better life for herself, and she is trying to do what she can now. It's easy to judge when we aren't in the position ourselves -- God only knows what she and her siblings have been through.

I do understand what Amber went through as a child as I have first hand memory of my own childhood etc. and because of my childhood, I went into a protective mood when I see children, adults and animals being abused.

originally posted by peg4X4:

Ahh, did not know that, and yes--great point. Perhaps LE should look into this.

I believe that's what they blamed for a reported odor..
Again,My Own Opinion-- Mabe too much coffee..but I swear that's in one of the reports.

That's just really bad reporting. According to Adam himself in this interview he saw Zahra at home on Thursday, saw her in bed on Friday, was there for the fire on Saturday. So he was never out of town during this time period. http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25360091/index.html
he has said many things to many different media outlets and in his 911 call...

I don't necessarily think the reporting is bad... there are just several reports with his different versions floating around out there.

MOO

eta: I agree that the out of town thing was not "checked" out by this newschannel. I cannot find another article or video to match....

I do understand what Amber went through as a child as I have first hand memory of my own childhood etc. and because of my childhood, I went into a protective mood when I see children, adults and animals being abused.

Patty, I have been the same way. I can't stand the thought of someone hurting a child or an animal. Sometimes I have to remember that even if I was crawling under my bed or hiding in my closet I had my stuffed animals with me and I was afraid but I made it. I go back to those places when I feel and get sick reading about children being abused. Sick and sad.

I haven't heard exactly what Amber went through in order to make a comparison to my childhood. Do you have a link?

Patty, I have been the same way. I can't stand the thought of someone hurting a child or an animal. Sometimes I have to remember that even if I was crawling under my bed or hiding in my closet I had my stuffed animals with me and I was afraid but I made it. I go back to those places when I feel and get sick reading about children being abused. Sick and sad.

(((ella)))

(((patty)))

Or maybe she was getting ready to leave NC and head for London?? She did state to her daughter she wanted to leave the state. I wonder why this man sent her money as well..I also hope LE has at least spoken with this man or intend to...JMHO

I truly hope there is no allegations of *advertiser censored* and precious Zahra..JMHO

Where is Zahra??
I wonder what she meant on the Classmates questionnaire when she answered this question:

What do you get paid to do?

Stare at a computer
Make/uphold the law

http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=8693041022&s=77041

I found an AP video that you can clearly hear AB say on the 911 call "um ... WE checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there. It's at the one minute mark. The video is on the right side of the page.

http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13356535

Someone is lyin. Give you a guess at who it is. :crazy:

Thanks for that link :) That entire 911 call was full of LOTS of detail, but no mention of ZB's name much less her description. No questions about what he should be doing. No panic. No urgency. AB provides the 911 operator with the whole twisted tale which no doubt, he and EB planned out together to get away with this murder. Unfathomable. WAY too many inconsistencies, indeed.

At this point, I question whether DSS was ever called by anyone, but that is just me at the moment.

I would have called the police, right on the spot, if I spotted a child being abused and then let the police get DSS involved.

I don't believe AF or BS ever said they actually saw EB abusing Zahra. BS apparently got it secondhand from BB and "one of the sisters" were supposedly the one who called DSS.

You can only call the police at the time you actually witness abuse I would imagine. And they can check for marks and/or bruises on the victim. You can't call them a few days/weeks after the fact and tell them second hand info from a third party who doesn't want their own drug issues dragged in.

The family knew what kind of life Zahra was going to have. They supposedly called in their concerns. We have to remember that this all happened in less than two years and I can't imagine anyone ever thought Zahra would end up deceased. :(

What do we know about this picture? Do we know when this was taken-was this the picture in her passport found in the car?:waitasec:
Zahra1-1.jpg

What do we know about this picture? Do we know when this was taken-was this the picture in her passport found in the car?:waitasec:
Zahra1-1.jpg

When I look at her right ear in that pic, it looks like she MIGHT be wearing a hearing aid. Anyone else?

I haven't heard exactly what Amber went through in order to make a comparison to my childhood. Do you have a link?

No I don't have a link as nothing has really come forward to what Amber went through as a child or IF she was ever abused.

The only thing we know via Amber is what she stated in court that she would have to leave the state as she fears her mother, that her mother moved around a lot and that her mother got money from some guy in England.

When I related my personal knowledge of abuse, it was for Zarah, and perhaps I should have stated I came from a dysfunctional family and could relate to Amber coming from a dysfunctional family. Although it was never stated that Amber came from a dysfunctional family, just a perception of a dysfunctional family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member