TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he acted alone; there was a driver waiting for the call to pull the car around to the house. They were wearing camo because they would not look suspicious in camo. Anyone passing by or seeing someone walk outside in camo would never think a thing. Camo here is very nondescript. The schools are full of kids wearing camo everyday. Ninjas here would be extremely odd and flambouyant!

I think they may have had more than one house staked out. If they couldn't have robbed the Bobo's house, then they had another one or two to check out. Or they may have planned to rob a few, along with the Bobo's. Holly surprised him and saw him face-on and he had to take her to keep her from identifying him. In rural West TN, it is not common for someone you don't know to come up onto your property for just no reason. Maybe he even had been in prison before and knew that he didn't want to go back there. That was enough to keep him from risking that she could ID him. Or perhaps he just took her because the opportunity was there.

JMO

Im sorry i have to disagree i think THIS person wanted THAT girl and got her.

She was the target! She was the PRIZE!!!!!!

I agree; I never thought there may be two people involved in this.

I definitely think there are two perps. Both intended to rob the house but one was parked/driving in the event that perp #1 thought for whatever reason that the Bobo's house wasn't a good target that morning. They would simply meet at a specified location and go somewhere else. It's turkey season, so seeing a guy come out of the woods anywhere would not be suspicious at all. The guy driving the vehicle was probably wearing camo as well so he appeared to be a turkey hunter if anyone saw him, too.

JMO

A home invasion is just that... a home invasion. The home owners are at home. Otherwise its burglary. HI's are usually very targeted. The suspects wanting stuff like large amounts of money known to be in the home, drugs, etc. A HI is different from a burglary, breaking and entering, etc. And a HI suspect would not just walk away into the woods with 1 family member they would burst into the house with her. And usually there are more than one person involved. Crimes that occur inside a home are usually different from kidnappings, I would think. I would GUESS that more people are taken from their cars, outside their homes, from parking lots, while jogging, etc. than from inside their own home. I think of home invasions, sexual assaults, robberies as being more like indoor crimes. This does not seem to be an "indoor" crime.

Also: Please Please Please NO MORE Questions about the Boyfriend, Brother Or Rumored Ex/ RO..........

It has been said time & time again the Boyfriend/Brother are NOT Suspects.

If this Continues we are at risk of having this thread shut down or closed by the Mods.

They have warned us repeatedly.

If the perp used an ATV, Holly would have been found long before now.

I believe the Lunchbox was intentionally left where someone could find it.

and I think it was the perp(s) who threw it out.

Why do you think if an ATv was used holly would have been found?

He has controll of her she sits in front im sure she s bound. Its way easier to get thur the brush on the atv and no one can see ya.

I think they were! Mark furman was called in and asked about that. he said it was strange the dogs didnt hit on her path to the woods....

I think the only thing we know for sure in this case is that Holly BoBo is missing!

I think I remember hearing that they were used initially, but what I don't understand is why they are not being used now. Is the terrain too rough and hence the need for the ATVs and horses? Or the dogs didn't hit on anything at all at first and thus they probably wouldn't hit anywhere else?

Myself I think she was targeted ( I now about a targeted assault in a home). The reason I think it was one person is that I think just more kidnappings and jealousy/lust/obsession crimes are committed solo. When I try to outline events or possibilitites, I try to keep things simple. Most crimes are actually very simple once we know the facts. While they are ongoing like this, its easy to come up with a lot of theories, some being very complicated. While anything is possible, usually crimes seem to be a lot more simple than first suspected.

To me the most frustrating thing here is not only the overall lack of information, but the poor nature in which info has been reported. So many contradictions, inaccuracies, redactions, etc.

Why do you think if an ATv was used holly would have been found?

He has controll of her she sits in front im sure she s bound. Its way easier to get thur the brush on the atv and no one can see ya.

1. Police would have pulled over an ATV
2. People would have seen an ATV with an abducted woman

You can hear ATV's from everywhere

Plus, An ATV would not get very far in those woods and they neither would get very far on a road.

A Vehicle would be the most likely thing used in an abduction

I do think they threw it out of the car window although it could be Holly or the suspect. In the Denise Amber Lee case we had here, DAL left clues for LE to follow. While ultimately she was killed because the cops and 911 blew everything, the clues allowed her kidnapper to be captured, tried, and convicted.

If the suspect was local, and someone that had some knowledge of Holly... where would he go after he grabbed her? I think in a lot of cases they just go home. Its familiar. And going home would be less suspicious in a small town than just disappearing. It woudln't take an Einstein to figure out in a town of 2500 people that it was odd that when Holly went missing, Fred the bag boy also disappeared. So the suspect may not have gone that far. 8 miles from the house is not far in a car and does not, to me at least, imply that he was making a bee line for the state border. Now if they found the lunch box by an interstate on ramp that would be different. As I recall in the Anne Pressly murder, some of her belongings were found in the trash in a park on the road to the highway that lead from where Anne lived to where the killer lived. So he dumped it on his way home.

I think state border(s) only because they are so both so close in proximity. Plus, LE has stated that other states are cooperating and now Jeff Holt, US Marshal, is involved. Even though the perps may have not crossed state lines, I believe that LE is definitely considering that huge possibility. People from the Parsons area drive to AL to go shopping all the time, so it's not unusal to see vehicles with these license plates around. No, 8 miles is not far at all. I wonder if the lunchbox location was en route to one of the state lines. Either way, I think it was just thrown out so as not to risk being seen in the vehicle.

JMO

Referencing the Topix post below from Little Red Ridinghood, have the new finding locations been plotted on a map yet?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lexington-tn/TO8VAD59610LE2C9J/p5

Little Red Ridinghood: "Does anyone know where Holly's belongings have been found? Reports say a lunch bag was found in the Chesterfield bottom area, a vehicle with her phone & clothing was on Conrad Rd & some other article was discovered on Gooch Rd. Today searchers are covering the 1900-2100 block of Hwy 641. If these things were really found in those areas then I sure I'm not the only one wondering why such a large area? Would her abductor really be dragging her zig-zag through Decatur, Henderson, & Benton county? Something's not adding up..."

we cannot quote directly from topix but can paraphrase and give the initials of the poster and time of post so it's easy for others to find :)

I think I remember hearing that they were used initially, but what I don't understand is why they are not being used now. Is the terrain too rough and hence the need for the ATVs and horses? Or the dogs didn't hit on anything at all at first and thus they probably wouldn't hit anywhere else?

I find that odd also...why not use the dogs? the terrain to rough? heck dogs searched the 911 rubble a few bushes wont hurt a dog lol.

If the dogs didnt hit on anything maybe shes not out there JMO

When I try to outline events or possibilitites, I try to keep things simple. Most crimes are actually very simple once we know the facts. While they are ongoing like this, its easy to come up with a lot of theories, some being very complicated. While anything is possible, usually crimes seem to be a lot more simple than first suspected.

To me the most frustrating thing here is not only the overall lack of information, but the poor nature in which info has been reported. So many contradictions, inaccuracies, redactions, etc.

Yes, Occam's Razor usually prevails. I agree.

Maybe when they found that duct tape yesterday with the hair on it made them refocus their search today.

I mean we saw the duct tape on the side of the road a searcher found it
if its not Hollys hair whos is it?

Now I have no prob with LE in neighboring counties and states taking precautions, checking out leads, etc. We had some disappearances here in North Florida that involved Georgia and I think Alabama LE.

Ultimately if its her lunch box, and if it were thrown out of the car driven by the suspect you could assume:

1) he threw it out to get rid of it
2) she threw it out as a clue

Its not uncommon for suspects to ditch items along roads after a crime. And victims have also been known to try to leave clues by throwing stuff out.

I do not believe it was planted as a red herring. I think thats a tv show ploy that does not happen OFTEN in real life. If you abducted someone, and drove her off heading North, would you then go South and leave fake clues? Or would you drive South to leave clues then have to go back the other direction to escape. All that takes time and planning and honestly, while a lot of crimes are planned, they are not planned by criminal masterminds of a James Bond novel stature. Mistakes are made, clues are left behind, and they get caught. Honestly if this were so well planned 1) he would not have been seen 2) he would not have left evidence at the house (blood?) 3) he would not have left clues along the road or in the woods as have aparently been found. While there is not a ton of evidence here, there is a whole lot more than in many other missing persons cases.

I am leaning towards Nehemiah's thinking.
Nehemiah is from the area, knows the area, the people and their ways. I actually agree that it might just be as simple as stated.
I am still hoping for the best.

Maybe when they found that duct tape yesterday with the hair on it made them refocus their search today.

I mean we saw the duct tape on the side of the road a searcher found it
if its not Hollys hair whos is it?

That, and I read that after volunteers left yesterday afternoon/evening, "more trained professionals" went out to search. So, it could be they found something else and/or did actually bring the dogs in? Whatever they found last night though, I think it has re-directed and put some kind of emphasis on a particular area or areas.

A home invasion is just that... a home invasion. The home owners are at home. Otherwise its burglary. HI's are usually very targeted. The suspects wanting stuff like large amounts of money known to be in the home, drugs, etc. A HI is different from a burglary, breaking and entering, etc. And a HI suspect would not just walk away into the woods with 1 family member they would burst into the house with her. And usually there are more than one person involved. Crimes that occur inside a home are usually different from kidnappings, I would think. I would GUESS that more people are taken from their cars, outside their homes, from parking lots, while jogging, etc. than from inside their own home. I think of home invasions, sexual assaults, robberies as being more like indoor crimes. This does not seem to be an "indoor" crime.

We were "robbed" last year and the sheriff called it a "home invasion" on the reports and to us in person. So for the sake of semantics, I will say a "robbery" gone wrong, instead of "home invasion". I was using that because LE used that. But, West TN is...well West TN. Rural and all. But hey, we do have an appointed US Marshal. :)

Just an initial simple robbery attempt that went wrong because Holly walked out and saw the guy face-to-face is my theory.

Mickey Rourke from Body Heat:

"I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna **** up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius. You remember who told me that?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082089/quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member