SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the magic number for our elected officials to realize that missing people in Horry County is a problem?

Our missing:
Heather Elvis 2013
Zachary Malinowski 2013
Kareem Ward 2007
Brittany Drexel 2019
Johnny Lamar Brown 2012
Shanta Marie Johnson 1992
Susan Deluca 2010
Crystal Soles missing from Andrews 2005.

I didn't remember Shanta Johnson and may have missed someone else, if so I apologize.

5 in the past 5 years. Probably not all by the same person. My question is has HCPD solved any of these cases? Is it lack of qualified investigators? Is it lack of funds to conduct a thorough investigation?

Their track record is why I would hire a PI. I personally think that helicopters, national guard, sonar equipment should be provided for every missing person in our state. It shouldn't be left up to private donation funded organizations founded by distraught parents who couldn't get the help they needed and never found their children.

I see nothing wrong with asking the Governor for help. What I see wrong is using the page to bash the Governor. The post is very critical of the Governor and is written in a way to guarantee political discourse. I think that is not the best thing for Heather. They could have worded the request in a much better way. Ordinarily I would pass it off as a distraught father's writings, but I do not believe he wrote the post, however he does support it.

I do hope they get all the resources they need and then some. Heather deserves no less.

I suggested other agencies help HCPD. Horry County brings in a MAJOR amount of revenue (if not the most) for our state yet we have the worst access to get out of here during hurricanes. We supplement poorer counties that rely on our revenue yet we get very little in return. We have no help making our county safer so who should we contact if not our elected officials?

If one of their children was missing, don't think the politicians wouldn't utilize whatever resources they have at their fingertips to locate them.

IIRC SLED and the FBI are helping in this case. I would also be asking SLED, as a state LE agency why they are not asking for helicopters and extra on ground help. IMO, they are the ones, along with HCPD that should be asking the Governor for additional help. Not the parents. The parents shouldn't have to be doing this type of legwork. Again, I think these resources should be a given for every missing person.

MOO

This may be true however, it appears in hindsight that this is their modus operandi for ALL the missing and unsolved cases. Maybe its about time to change their methods and start sharing a bit more regardless of their tourist industry. If they catch the perp(s) their industry will bounce back. If they continue to suffer multiple missing cases I think it will eventually keep a downward spiral when the word continues across the nation and people find out about the other young women and men.

LE in the Sierra Lamar case held press conferences. And at least one while they were watching the POI. They even released a photo of the car they were looking for prior to his arrest.

Thank you. So the picture of HE's keys came from her! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how someone obtained a picture of HE's keys. It must have been late when I saw the post the first time!
Could the member card be to a gym? I don't recall her making comments about going to workout but, if she needed a pass to do so, it would be convenient to keep it on her key chain. That's the only other idea I can think of other than, as you listed, a food store discount tag. The other places aren't visited often enough to keep the tag on a key chain. Or are there other reasons? Parking facility? Something to do with HOB?

I have those little discount tags for food, Panera Bread, drug stores, any place that gives out discounts or points. Even staples has them.

I'm with those of you who question what they want or expect from contacting the governor. Is it to ask for additional help with searches? Is it to request a look into how HCPD is handling the case or the lack of info released to the public? I'm not really sure what the governors office could do to help with the search or investigation. It has already been mentioned that several different LE agencies are assisting in the search... including SLED. Someone very close to me works detail for Gov. Hayley & although they def keep their work duties very hush hush, I'd be happy to ask them to mention the case to her if I thought she could do anything to help. People need to keep in mind that the governors office is dealing with issues & policy on a statewide level... & just think about all of the crimes (murders, rapes, etc.) that occur all over our state. I know they're frustrated & want help from every resource available, but I feel like they might be wasting their energy & breath on the wrong one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a post.. What are they wasting? And why does anyone care what they want to talk to her about? It's desperation... I would probably be contacting the president if it were my missing child. Why question them? If supporters don't want to write the letter, then just don't write it.. But questioning the Elvis family on their own page it rude. You don't have to agree with it.. But you certainly shouldn't argue with them about it. What does it hurt that they want to talk to the Governer? It's their missing child... They aren't stopping the searches and everyone is just sitting around waiting for her to call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. So the picture of HE's keys came from her! For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how someone obtained a picture of HE's keys. It must have been late when I saw the post the first time!
Could the member card be to a gym? I don't recall her making comments about going to workout but, if she needed a pass to do so, it would be convenient to keep it on her key chain. That's the only other idea I can think of other than, as you listed, a food store discount tag. The other places aren't visited often enough to keep the tag on a key chain. Or are there other reasons? Parking facility? Something to do with HOB?

I'm trying to remember so I may be off, but I think the keys may have come from her Twitter. I think she posted a pic of a shake or food - gosh I forget, but the keys were in the pic too.

Re the member card... We belong to a gym that requires a member card for entrance...no idea if Heather was going to a gym though. Also, my son has a college student id as well as a little card like this member card to scan for books, snacks, etc. there's so many places that use these loyalty/royalty cards. How d we find it where this one belongs to? Maybe search by color for county wide cards?

I'm confused about the police. Some people say they're really good. Other people lean toward not being so great. Others say they're limited due to not enough manpower & budget, training, etc. could it be a combination of all three? I remember reading an article that someone provided on here that quoted the head of CUE praising the le and all the other numerous agencies helping them. So could there be a reason le is being so tight lipped in Heather's case then? Are they always like this?

Being that there is only one "member card" on her keychain, it must be somewhat important/significant IMO.

I wonder if Le had the analysis of phone records, at the time they said no one admitted to talking to her after 2:15am. Maybe she didn't talk to anyone. What if she left a long message on voice mail ? Or did send a text? Her dad may not be able to tell by the computer bill and I am not convinced her father used the word "conversation" as an absolute, he may have just said the word because he was thinking of phone calls.

I wonder how/if it shows on a detailed bill if you do not get an answer but leave a long voice mail.

I have AT&T and it doesn't show until I check my vm. I have no idea if its like that for everybody but it is for myself in particular. I just tried this: I powered down my cell, had my husband call me & leave a quick vm. I waited 10 minutes and powered back on. I went on wireless.att.com, logged in, it's not showing that I received my husbands call. I checked my vm and now it shows, but it did show the precise time on my husband's number that he called me (bc he connected I guess idk).

Text msgs don't always show up right away either. Sometimes it doesn't show until the text is read. Also, it could depend on the provider with regards to a delay in showing up on the bill. If two different plans are involved then it depends on how they're routed.

Its confusing about the last ping bc i thought the investigating detective specifically said Heather's last ping was at 3:00. Then Terry said something about a call around 3:00. Now we hear there was a call at 3:41. So I'm confused bc if there was a call that shows either coming in or going out at 3:41, then that changes the ping data bc surely there would be another ping from 3:00-3:41. Ping data is completely different than call data. A phone still pings whether its in use or not as long as the battery is in it, at least that's my understanding.

Being that there is only one "member card" on her keychain, it must be somewhat important/significant IMO.

Could it be maybe something she uses daily? Could it have anything to do with where she lives? Maybe access card to a mailbox, or pool, on site rec room?

What is the magic number for our elected officials to realize that missing people in Horry County is a problem?

Our missing:
Heather Elvis 2013
Zachary Malinowski 2013
Kareem Ward 2007
Brittany Drexel 2019
Johnny Lamar Brown 2012
Shanta Marie Johnson 1992
Susan Deluca 2010
Crystal Soles missing from Andrews 2005.

I didn't remember Shanta Johnson and may have missed someone else, if so I apologize.
http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2012/02/sex-offender-raymond-moody-eyed-in-cold.html

Comment on Horry County Police official FB page related to this.

Found it - hat tip PeterThomasFan for originally finding it on her twitter! She tied a cherry stem, not had a shake or food lol. It was posted June 8th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/343470621495271424/photo/1?screen_name=HeatherElvis

Cropped the key portion:
v6hnx5.jpg

Taken from this full picture:
4l4x0k.jpg

It could be a gym. On her twitter account she mentioned going to the gym at least twice so she must've belonged to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Horry County Sheriff's Office and the Horry County Police Department? Is it like the difference between a state trooper and a municipal cop? Does it have to do with jurisdiction? Or is it the types of crime that comes across their tables?

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Horry County Sheriff's Office and the Horry County Police Department? Is it like the difference between a state trooper and a municipal cop? Does it have to do with jurisdiction? Or is it the types of crime that comes across their tables?
Usually sheriff is county
Police is city
Hth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I'm new here, so work with me if I get anything wrong!

I keep wondering why this case resonates with me so much and I guess there's a few reasons. My daughters name is Heather too and even our last name begins with E and has a V in it. I live in NC but go to Myrtle Beach alot. I was just at Broadway this Summer with my kids. It shakes me to the core that some predator could be hunting in that same area. It really changes my perspective as a parent.

How does websleuths view psychic input? Is it welcomed or mentionable? Please remove this if not allowed. [modsnip].

Just another angle. I mean in my heart of hearts I believe there is a serial at play here. What is sad is that I feel like the males that are missing don't often get factored in, but consider that this predator may be just as "excited" by men as women. And really, I feel like this guy is cozy in that he hasn't been caught and feels like he can just carry on. FBI need to be involved I believe. Sooner rather than later.

Oh I wanted to add that perhaps the card on her Keyring is something to do with cosmetology/hair product suppliers? You often have to be licensed for purchases from some of these places, so maybe it's for one of those?

I'm new here, so work with me if I get anything wrong!

I keep wondering why this case resonates with me so much and I guess there's a few reasons. My daughters name is Heather too and even our last name begins with E and has a V in it. I live in NC but go to Myrtle Beach alot. I was just at Broadway this Summer with my kids. It shakes me to the core that some predator could be hunting in that same area. It really changes my perspective as a parent.

How does websleuths view psychic input? Is it welcomed or mentionable? Please remove this if not allowed. I googled about psychics and this case and found some insights from two different sources. Independent of each other, they hit on some very similar info. I won't go into specifics as to what I read save one thing. Okay two things. First is that this one psychic believes HE was ambushed military style by a guy waiting in the bushes outside her apartment. This theory sort of fits because maybe he then makes her drive to PTL. And they board a boat that was there waiting. This means he would've come into town on a boat and perhaps caught a taxi to HEs residence.

The psychic also rendered a sketch of the perp. It bears more than a passing resemblance to RSO RM.

Just another angle. I mean in my heart of hearts I believe there is a serial at play here. What is sad is that I feel like the males that are missing don't often get factored in, but consider that this predator may be just as "excited" by men as women. And really, I feel like this guy is cozy in that he hasn't been caught and feels like he can just carry on. FBI need to be involved I believe. Sooner rather than later.

No, discussions about psychics in cases is not allowed. Here's a explanation from co-owner Tricia:

Dear Websleuths Members,

Hopefully after you read this post you will have a clearer understanding of certain issues on Websleuths.

First, I want you all to know that Cubby has worked very hard and continues to work hard on Anna's forum to make sure things run smoothly.

Any decisions Cubby has made or any explanations Cubby has given are backed up by me 100 percent. Cubby is doing exactly what I ask of her and I appreciate her time and dedication to Anna's forum.

Psychics On Websleuths.

This topic has always been a hot potato and very controversial.

The reason I do not allow psychic discussions on Websleuths has to do with controversy and the problems that come along with allowing psychics on the forum.

How do you tell which psychic is correct?

Who do we link to and who do we not link to as far as psychics?

What if a psychic is popular but wants money, do we link and discuss that psychic?

Imagine how many psychics would suddenly appear on Websleuths discussing their "visions" on cases if we allowed this. Psychics that could casually steer people to their for profit only websites.

We do not have the people power to monitor every post every psychic makes. No way.

How do we let just a few psychics on the site? Who decides who is good enough to post and who isn't?

If I opened the door to psychic visions Websleuths would turn into a battle ground like no other. I know this to be a fact. Just one mention of one psychic on the Caylee Anthony forum caused me so much grief and hell I can't tell you.

The battle wouldn't be between members and psychics. It would be between psychics and psychics.

You should have seen the behind the scenes crap that went on between waring factions of Psychics. It was disgusting.

I will not allow Websleuths to be used by people who claim to be psychic just so they can become famous.

Of course I know not all psychics are like this but trust me when I tell you most of the ones who will want to post on Websleuths will not have the best interest of the families in their hearts. In my opinion based on past experience.

Of course there are very dedicated, kind, and caring psychics. No doubt. Those people would be drowned out by the others.

So, between deciding which psychics to let post and which ones to not, between the waring factions of the psychics, between the posters who despise psychics and those who do not, I cannot allow psychics on Websleuths because of the problems.

As it is we have enough to deal with concerning posters who are offering their opinions. Can you imagine if we started allowing psychics to post their visions? OMG. It gives me a headache thinking about it.

I am not going to comment on whether psychics are true or not but I will say I would never feel comfortable allowing the psychics I have seen on the web on my forum. Not all of them but most of them.

It would cause more harm for the moderators, for the members, and most of all for the families.

Think Sylvia Browne and Shawn Hornbeck. Think desperate families coming to Websleuths and having to deal with the psychics who do not have any scruples. Who, like Sylvia Browne, would pull something out of their behind no matter who it hurts. Like she did with Shawn.

It is too much trouble. Websleuths is above all of this.

If you disagree with me that is certainly your right. I'm going to be bold and a bit stern when I say I do not want to argue my decision. It is made and it has been this way for a long time.

One exception is if in the main stream media a psychic makes the news. Then I have no problem linking to the article, video, or audio in the main stream media about the psychic.

Please understand I made this decision based on years of experience. My goal is to make Websleuths a place for all to enjoy, a place for new people to come and feel comfortable, free of the usual problems associated with discussion forums.

Free of the battle of the psychics, the battle about who is real and who isn't, the battle of who is in it for money and who isn't and who is saying what about which psychic and why. Websleuths is free from all of these issues and will continue to be.

Thank you for all you do and your participation.

Sincerely,
Tricia

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dreams and Visions

Take, thanks for asking because it's good to share the rules with our new members, and remind the veterans. :highfive:

I read through the Skylar Neese case last night. So disturbing. For those who may not know, 16 year old Skylar went missing after a friend picked her up from her home. The friend claimed to have dropped her back at the house an hour later. 6 months later, Skylar's remains were found ~ and it turned out that her "friends" had stabbed her to death. Cute, popular girls. Not saying that I think this is what happened to Heather, but that you just never know. You can read Skylar's thread here: WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012 **ARREST** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv