Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me where to find this refresh button?? I am a donkey when it comes to computers..lol

Derstine says jury duty is an "awesome responsibility".

RaffertyLFP: Derstine tells jury they are acting as judges "this trial set against the backdrop of a unspeakable tragedy

RaffertyLFP: "All too easy to let the horror of that day overwhelm this trial" says Dertstine urges them to be dispassionate

Derstine says the trial is set against the backdrop of an unspeakable tragedy.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks jurors to overlook Rafferty's "moral flaws"

He says evidence must be judged fairly, despite that tragedy.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine reminds jurors his client is presumed innocent in Canadian legal system unless proven otherwise

He says all accused are presumed innocent. That is not a gift bestowed on Michael Rafferty. All Canadians enjoy that right.

AveryFreeFMNews "You are the supreme judges of the facts in this case," Derstine tells

Derstine sounds like the crown. So far his words are damning to MR. IMO

sorry that one did not work...destines tells Jury to ...OVERLOOK Rafferty's MORAL FLAWS...robynhood

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says "it is too easy to leap to judgement" Crown must prove case beyond reasonable doubt - onus is all Crown

RaffertyLFP: Destine says defense does not have to prove anything or call witnesses - onus all on Crown

I would but I live in a rural community and their are only two children under the age of 10 in our neighbourhood. One is mine and the other is the little girl who was in are yard.

I would keep in eye on the little girl. If you're getting the feeling she is neglected it might be a good idea to inform children's aid. For the sake of the child before something bad happens.

He says presumption of innocence only goes away if the crown proves their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Derstine agrees that is a hard standard to apply, as we don't do it in our day to day lives, even with major life decisions.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said "reasonable doubt" is not like everyday decisions - much higher standard

Can anybody tell me where to find this refresh button?? I am a donkey when it comes to computers..lol
Ctrl + R pushed at the same time works on my browser or the F5 button.

RaffertyLFP Derstine said "reasonable doubt" is not like everyday decisions - much higher standard..robynhood

I would keep in eye on the little girl. If you're getting the feeling she is neglected it might be a good idea to inform children's aid. For the sake of the child before something bad happens.

They have been informed by many people. However there is a dad who when not out of town looks after her. Also a 17 year old who looks after her (and has missed school because mom is out partying with bf's while hubby is out of town. She is 35 not 19). So CAS tends not to bother because there are other responsible adults in the home.

He says jurors can't decided the case based on Rafferty "probably" being guilty.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine tells jury it is not their job to solve "murder mystery" only to judge Rafferty's guilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni