Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Fox News' report:

1.) Police have finished questioning the web designer guy, who is Russian. He remains under suspicion.

2) They are questioning Murat again and searching his home again. Murat still
chief suspect.

3) A secret chamber was found in Murat's home and that's what they are looking at closely today...Maddie was not found inside it, but they are investigating the idea that she could have been held there for a time.

Oh my, thanks for the updates. Hang in there a little while longer Madie, help is coming.

I couldn't even possibly disagree with you more. These are two very educated people. They're completely 100% RESPONSIBLE for whatever happened to their little girl. I'd personally like to smack each of them upside the head. HOW DARE they put these children in danger like they did. ANYTHING could have happened. They could have fallen into inches of water and drowned. They could have been burned in a fire. They could have cut themselves on something. They could have stuck their little fingers in a socket. They left them alone for DINNER? Are you kidding me? In a foreign country, in a strange hotel room at night! They didn't know their way around the room they were in. They didn't know anyone in the area. They couldn't even make a phone call to alert anyone. I don't care how heartbroken they are NOW about what happened. They absolutely should have thought about it before they decided to be two of the most ridiculous people on the face of the earth and leave these babies alone simply so they could grab a bite to eat.

Okay, rant over.:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Edited to add, go right ahead and call me sanctimonious. However, until you have children of your own, you honestly don't have the experience for it to mean anything to me.

'I'd personally like to smack each of them upside the head'

You sound like a charming individual!!!!

This little girl is missing and you're anger is not at the person who abducted her but the parents who have undoubtedly been very irresponsible.

I may not have children of my own but I have looked after children particularly my younger brother when he was younger as he is 10 years my junior so I looked after him when I was 18 and he was 8 for example.

I don't disagree that they have been incredibly irresponsible but my point was and is that its getting incredibly annoying and tedious that people are wanting to tear strips of these people for there irresponsibility.

Do you not think they are suffering?
Do you not think they know they have messed up big time?

You only have to look at them to see that.

Where is your compassion?

Like I said it appears certain individuals attitude is 'Well tough luck you shouldnt have been so stupid'

With people like that in the world its no wonder we are living in such fcuked up societies.

People dont want to help they want to stand up above everyone else and claim 'I would never have done that'

Well maybe you wouldn't but what I am saying is people are human and make mistakes.

Apparrently they were checking on the kids every half an hour, not acceptable in my book as it is not in yours but I unlike some people am not going to roll out the old chestnut that they should of done better every two minutes.

Eveyone knows they should have had a better eye on them most of all the parents themselves.

'Hindsight is the best tool that we can't use'

I completely agree UK Sleuth, well said. Every parent has made at least one mistake in their lives, fortunately all mistakes don't result in something as grave as having your 3 year daughter stolen from you! The person to blame is the person(s) who has taken this young child!

I suppose we could debate for hours about what the parents should/shouldn't have done. Sadly it is not going to help find Madeleine. This is a very heartbreaking story, and I think it is making all of us a bit edgy.

'I'd personally like to smack each of them upside the head'

You sound like a charming individual!!!!

This little girl is missing and you're anger is not at the person who abducted her but the parents who have undoubtedly been very irresponsible.

Thanks!!! I am charming.

She wouldn't BE missing if her parents didn't serve her up to the perp on a silver platter.

I completely agree UK Sleuth, well said. Every parent has made at least one mistake in their lives, fortunately all mistakes don't result in something as grave as having your 3 year daughter stolen from you! The person to blame is the person(s) who has taken this young child!

Thanks Smug lets hope she can be found and found unharmed.

Do you not think they are suffering?
Do you not think they know they have messed up big time?

You only have to look at them to see that.

Where is your compassion?

Like I said it appears certain individuals attitude is 'Well tough luck you shouldnt have been so stupid'

With people like that in the world its no wonder we are living in such fcuked up societies.

I do have compassion. I think anger and compassion can live side by side. And I never said "tough luck." The reason you're living in such a "f" up society is because people allow themselves to become victims and then want everyone to come and "fix it" for them.

My 19-year old sister was taken in the middle of the night from my mother's house. She was missing for ELEVEN YEARS before her remains were found. No one was ever arrested for her murder. My mother never forgave herself for not hearing anyone breaking into her house the night my sister disappeared, even though she was at home.

I have some idea about what this famlily is going through. I also have seen first hand the reasons why you don't leave your children alone ANY PLACE - EVER. I want nothing more than this little girl to get home to her parents. I seriously doubt that its going to be a happy ending to this story. I'm sure they'll be more diligent with the next two children though.

is it the parents fault she was taken? yes. they will live with this guilt forever. guilt because they are at fault. do i pity them? yes. if something bad happened to my child because i neglected them i don't know how i would survive. at some point i would probably curl up in a ball and die. as a mom i spend every day trying to do what is right by my kids. i wont let them ride the bus because we have had a few kids taken in this area at bus stops. if they have a field trip i go. i have only 2 baby sitters i trust. a aunt and a grandmother. when i see a mom who stays with a man who beats her kid i wanna hurt her. how dare you neglect such a special gift as your own child. that's what these parents did. they neglected this innocent child. i pray she is found safe but i am angry that it happened in the first place. blaming the parents wont bring her back. ignoring the fact it is their fault will not get the word out to other parents who may make the same "mistake".

I think we live in an 'F' up society because some people blame the victim instead of the perp, and in cases where the perp is caught the sentence is much to lenient.

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister Jeana. I'm surprised at your stance on this considering your loss. Since you seem to think it's the victims fault that they were careless, does that mean you think your sister or your mother was careless and allowed your sister to become a victim? I guess this goes to show perps will find a way to take someone even when a parent is there.

Per FNC.....Maddie possibly recently SEEN inside a red van in a southern suburb of the resort area where she was taken...police investigating this new lead.

I think we live in an 'F' up society because some people blame the victim instead of the perp, and in cases where the perp is caught the sentence is much to lenient.

I'm sorry for the loss of your sister Jeana. I'm surprised at your stance on this considering your loss. Since you seem to think it's the victims fault that they were careless, does that mean you think your sister or your mother was careless and allowed your sister to become a victim? I guess this goes to show perps will find a way to take someone even when a parent is there.
i dont see how you get blame all victims from jeana's post. if you dont wake when some1 enters your home it is nobody's fault. i dont see how not waking is = to not even being there. the victim here is a child who was neglected by her parents then kidnapped by some1 else.

I don't know why but, I really feel like we will get some sort of news about her whereabouts soon!!!!(Hopeful)

I don't think there's any need to attack Jeana for her opinion, or use her family tragedy to do it. Of course her family wasn't careless. Jeana's sister was an adult, at 19. She didn't need someone supervising her at all times. MADDIE IS A CHILD...not even yet four when she was taken, and she was left alone with her even younger twin siblings, with no parents anywhere near...I don't think 40-50-100 yards away in a strange place is considered "near", IMO.

There's no question that the parents were neglectful. I don't imagine, though, that anyone is as angry at them as they are at themselves. Whether or not they ever get their child back, they will have to live with themselves forever, and I think it's punishment enough...I'm one of the ones who think they shouldn't have done what they did, but they have received the worst possible punishment...and likely it will be ongoing for the rest of their lives, whether or not Maddie is ever found.

This Murat guy...the secret chamber and *advertiser censored* on computer.... is scaring me.

Smug,
I am sure that Jeana is not saying she doesn't feel for these parents. I am sure that she does. I know also that it does Maddie no good right now to point the finger at her parents but, it is a fact that she disappeared when they left her alone without adult supervision in a hotel room. Should they be punished any further than they already have bee? I don't think so but, world needs to be told that these kinds of practices are no longer safe. I would guess that when this is all over with a good or a bad outcome, her parents will be the ones telling people how to protect their children. Never leaving them alone would be one of those ways. Children depend on their parents each and every day to protect them and keep them safe from harm to the best of their ability(which they did not). I realize that things happen even when we are diligent but there are some things you just don't do.If you don't protect your own children who will?

Thank you. Yes, my mother blamed herself. My younger sister blamed herself. I guess its normal for parents to blame themselves, whether there is any truth to it or not. There is a huge difference between the cases though because my sister was 19 years old. Not three.

I don't think there's any need to attack Jeana for her opinion, or use her family tragedy to do it. Of course her family wasn't careless. Jeana's sister was an adult, at 19. She didn't need someone supervising her at all times. MADDIE IS A CHILD...not even yet four when she was taken, and she was left alone with her even younger twin siblings, with no parents anywhere near...I don't think 40-50-100 yards away in a strange place is considered "near", IMO.

There's no question that the parents were neglectful. I don't imagine, though, that anyone is as angry at them as they are at themselves. Whether or not they ever get their child back, they will have to live with themselves forever, and I think it's punishment enough...I'm one of the ones who think they shouldn't have done what they did, but they have received the worst possible punishment...and likely it will be ongoing for the rest of their lives, whether or not Maddie is ever found.

I didn't attack anyone. If Jeana didn't want to discuss her family tragedy then she wouldn't have brought it.

I just think that it is odd that she said people allow themselves to become victims then states how her family has been victim to a horrible crime.

In my opinion it's never the victims fault! I don't care how careless someone may have been. The perp is always the one at fault regardless of the scenario!

I didn't attack anyone. If Jeana didn't want to discuss her family tragedy then she wouldn't have brought it.

I just think that it is odd that she said people allow themselves to become victims then states how her family has been victim to a horrible crime.

In my opinion it's never the victims fault! I don't care how careless someone may have been. The perp is always the one at fault regardless of the scenario!
it's not the victims fault. the victim is 3! nobody is saying Jessica Marie Lunsford's grandparents are at fault for not waking up. they did not leave her home alone to have dinner with a neighbor. bad thing can happen to your child no matter what you do. i try to keep my little ones safe and live in fear that it wont be enough. the perp should be tortured before he is executed imo. that does not mean her parents did not set this whole thing in motion.

No, at the end of the day, it's not the victim's fault they were attacked/abducted/killed...but sometimes, as in the McCann case, people do things that put themselves out there and leave them vulnerable to crime. Leaving their children unattended contributed GREATLY to the fact that Maddie was taken.

Per FNC.....Maddie possibly recently SEEN inside a red van in a southern suburb of the resort area where she was taken...police investigating this new lead.

Oh my, hope it's true. If it's her, to be seen, she's alive.

I'd be shocked though that whomever has her would take any chance of having her seen at this point. This is the biggest international child kidnappping case probably ever. And look at the bucks involved. I'll HOPE though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie