Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps off topic, but do you think that the A's or at least one of them knew the site and was directing PI Casey? I can nearly imagine it, so used to A family shenangians. I can see CA on the cellphone right now, calling and directing, micromanaging, making him go back repeatedly.

Is possible or likely?

I'd really like some opinion as to the likelihood of the one of the family being in on facts vs. Baez. Who would KC tell or hint STRONGLY to? The PI was within 10 feet of remains.

(Another monkey wrench, please bear with me, the Astros say a certain criminal lawyer, ie civil suit, may have been on the phone. Astros have never been wrong yet, not once. But where did atty get info....eeek.)

Perhaps off topic, but do you think that the A's or at least one of them knew the site and was directing PI Casey? I can nearly imagine it, so used to A family shenangians. I can see CA on the cellphone right now, calling and directing, micromanaging, making him go back repeatedly.

Is possible or likely?

I'd really like some opinion as to the likelihood of the one of the family being in on facts vs. Baez. Who would KC tell or hint STRONGLY to? The PI was within 10 feet of remains.

(Another monkey wrench, please bear with me, the Astros say a certain criminal lawyer, ie civil suit, may have been on the phone. Astros have never been wrong yet, not once. But where did atty get info....eeek.)

Can I have directions to the Astro thread please? I haven't read there in a long while - need to see this before I can comment!:)

Is possible or likely?

Wait for the phone records, I guess.

Denial...When something splits your world into pieces and what you lived and believed is not reality. Just like the body goes into to shock in major trauma, so does the mind shut down the facts. The feeling of helplessness compounds the inability to believe or remember what happened. ( An expample is many accident victims or soldiers from war,
do not recall the event at all...even without physical injury.)

Mind Student

Do you remember CA saying to LE you guys were so good the first 4 days keeping us informed. She lost control over everything, and could not fix KC's mistakes this time. It was totally out of her hands. The lies started. Trying to do anything to throw LE and the world off of thinking the Mother of the Year was responsible. I think KC truly thought she would be coming home and it would all be over. Good ole Mom will fix it one more time, and Zanny will fry if they ever find her.

Yep! The world would sift through Zenaidas, and chase "sightings" forever.

I don't think George was in denial, I think he knew exactly what happened and the protective custody comment was a hint about a kidnap retaliation excuse for Casey to start coming up with. I'm probably the only one on any forum who thinks that Cindy is not the narcissist in this family....

You know now that you say that, I'm wondering if he might just be a narcissist. But, I still lean towards Cindy having those tendencies as well.

You know now that you say that, I'm wondering if he might just be a narcissist. But, I still lean towards Cindy having those tendencies as well.

I think narcisissism is an Ant family trait. I see it in all of them with the exception of Lee. Haven't seen or heard enough of him to be clear. But definitely see it in CA, GA and KC.

I think narcisissism is an Ant family trait. I see it in all of them with the exception of Lee. Haven't seen or heard enough of him to be clear. But definitely see it in CA, GA and KC.

LOL, funny...I see traits of it in all but George. :)

But the question is, are the traits we're seeing truly part of their natural personalites (well, except for Casey) or is it situational? Did they exhibit such traits BEFORE this tragedy? Scroll information in link below; see especially Acquired Situational Narcissism.

http://www.narcissism101.com/Narcissism_101/kindsofN.html

LOL, funny...I see traits of it in all but George. :)

But the question is, are the traits we're seeing truly part of their natural personalites (well, except for Casey) or is it situational? Did they exhibit such traits BEFORE this tragedy? Scroll information in link below; see especially Acquired Situational Narcissism.

http://www.narcissism101.com/Narcissism_101/kindsofN.html

I don't see narcissism in either George or Cindy. Just my opinion. Cindy seems to have done a lot of work in holding the family together and for the family...including and especially Caylee. Just because she has a dominating personality and may come across as b*tchy does not in any way mean she is a narcissist...and George is definitly very passive...he certainly does not come across as narcissistic either. He does come across as having a lot of secrets and can hide them well...deceiving...but narcisstic? not in my opinion.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/264941

<snipped>

Narcissism is one of the categories of personality disorder that is being examined in relationship to these kinds of cases, and discussed by authorities as the Anthony case unfolds. One psychologist, among several recently, has considered this as a possibility in the case of Casey Anthony and a possible underlying issue for the possibility she killed her own child.

To date we have nothing (other than GA's suggestion) to substantiate the "fact" that there is "indeed" any such diagnosed history of genetic disorder anywhere in the A family--much less in KC herself. He has a daughter charged w premeditated murder of his granddaughter. What seems far more likely under the circumstances would be GA's willingness to attribute the obvious A family dysfunction to some "genetic" origins. Because what we are left to explain, in it's absence, is the humiliating exposure of this family's gross and obvious dysfunction... a horrific family skeleton, and the unhealthy patterns and horrendous observable behavior consistent w either classic textbook NPD (and/or other PD). Hmmmm, anybody else around here ever noticed how parents are so quick to excuse their family dysfunction or childrens' behavior by placing blame of course anywhere other than their parenting or childrearing...? JMO

:waitasec:

You can disagree with my opinion, but please don't twist my words. I never claimed a "diagnosed history" of genetic disorder in this family was "fact". What I said was George related that his sister has a history of mental/behavioral issues...we heard him say it on the tapes, so him saying as much is a fact. I have merely stated that George's revelation *suggests* (not substantiates) that there is possibly a genetic component to psych issues in this family.

Just wanted to clear things up. And as always, it's only my opinion. I repect that yours is different from mine, and I have no interest in splitting hairs about it. :blowkiss:

I don't see narcissism in either George or Cindy. Just my opinion. Cindy seems to have done a lot of work in holding the family together and for the family...including and especially Caylee. Just because she has a dominating personality and may come across as b*tchy does not in any way mean she is a narcissist...and George is definitly very passive...he certainly does not come across as narcissistic either. He does come across as having a lot of secrets and can hide them well...deceiving...but narcisstic? not in my opinion.

I can see your point about Cindy. She has a strong, leading personality that may sometimes come off as arrogance... but she gives of herself. A narcissist is supremely selfish. ITA about George-he's passive and even apologetic. DEFINTELY not narcissist traits.

You can disagree with my opinion, but please don't twist my words. I never claimed a "diagnosed history" of genetic disorder in this family was "fact". What I said was George related that his sister has a history of mental/behavioral issues...we heard him say it on the tapes, so him saying as much is a fact. I have merely stated that George's revelation *suggests* (not substantiates) that there is possibly a genetic component to psych issues in this family.

Just wanted to clear things up. And as always, it's only my opinion. I repect that yours is different from mine, and I have no interest in splitting hairs about it. :blowkiss:

Actually Shirley P (KC's gma) said the same thing in an email to her sister. She said disorders run in GA's side of the family. And one of them (either Shirley or her sister) came right out and said KC has a similar disorder to G's sister. She named what the disorder is IIRC.

If I find it, I'll add email to post...

She said Georges sister was bi polar

whatever KC is - it most certainly is not Bi polar .

Robert Hare who is the leading expert on psychopaths - says there are studies which
show their brains are in fact different . The big question is are they different from birth or do they develop that way from the misuse by the wingnut ?

The lowest common trait is lying the most destructive is Lack of empathy.
If we as a society were going to try and tackle the problem - there would clear
concise instruction for parents on instilling empathy . It has to developed
at 3-5 years old . Kindergarten would be focusing on activities to instill it
re enforce it and help it take hold.
People without empathy turn into predators and the results arent pretty

When my neighbor's daughter was 5 years old, they were warned that she carries several 'traits' that doctors find in serial killers.

This little girl was 4 when we met and it didn't take long to discover she had serious issues. Constantly doing things that seemed accidental, that ended in injury to children younger than her.

The first week of kindergarten she was suspended 2 times for hurting other children, on the 3rd incident she was expelled until they got her examined by a child psychologist. One child was bit, drawing blood cos the kid was first in line, and she wanted that spot, another kicked in the shin, the third was punched in the mouth also drawing blood.

She is an absolutely gorgeous little girl, her nik name was Angel Face, from the time she was a tiny tot. And it was more fitting than on any child I had ever seen. She looked like a little angel but there is something missing in this child and unless they figure out how to "fix it" she is headed for heart break.

Mom is bi polar, grandma is bi polar, it was a tough family to be born into. Due to circumstances beyond my control we no longer have any communication, so I don't know what she's like at 9. I pray they finally got her help.

This is excellent, explains exactly, w more eloquence and far more authority, what I've tried to put into words! JMO

"The fact that abnormal physical changes have been found in the brains of sociopaths does not mean that they were born this way. Things like not having a father during pre-adolescence or of being raised by non-loving parents or foster parents can cause a re-organization of brain functions and structural changes that are evident in adulthood.

The lack of loving parents has been shown to have sociopathic consequences in primate studies. Further, these characteristics appear to be transmitted from one generation to another, as sociopaths lack the capacity to love their own offspring...

Brain growth and changes can occur in the developing human because of environmental and social factors. The fact that abnormal physical changes have been found in the brains of sociopaths does not mean that they were born this way. Things like not having a father during pre-adolescence or of being raised by non-loving parents or foster parents can cause a re-organization of brain functions and structural changes that are evident in adulthood.

The lack of loving parents has been shown to have sociopathic consequences in primate studies. Further, these characteristics appear to be transmitted from one generation to another, as sociopaths lack the capacity to love their own offspring.

An estimated 3% of all adult males have this sociopathic disorder. (The antisocial personality disorder is uncommon among women.) Only a small fraction of this percentage actually develop into violent criminals. Most sociopathic individuals are able to control their disorder within the boundaries of social tolerability.

They are considered only 'socially obnoxious' or hateful personalities, and every one of us knows of someone who fits the description. Corrupt and callous politicians, social or career fast climbers, authoritarian leaders, abusing and aggressive persons, etc., are among them

...What should be done?

We need to address this problem from many sides. Poverty, although a contributing factor in "loveless" childhoods, is not the primary factor. Many loving and moral people come from impoverished environments. Many times, this environment contributes to an individual's character. The main problem seems to be in the process of parenting itself.

We teach many things in our schools: carpentry, housekeeping and cooking, computer skills... These are all great for future employment. But what do we teach about being a good parent? Perhaps a mandatory curriculum in our schools should include exposure to the benefits of loving and caring parental skills. This type of exposure to "parental psychology" might prevent future sociopaths and it also might alter budding sociopaths before their neurological hardware becomes hardwired for a life of emotionless pain.

~Dr. K. Dillard

http://www.viewzone.com/sociopath.html

Not twisting at all, only emphasizing the denial within families and the tendency on the part of many parents to blameshift thereby avoid taking responsibility (a pattern we've clearly seen demonstrated in this particular family). And offering what I believe is a more credible explanation for all the obvious dysfunction we've observed or heard described in the KC and A family--the very unhealthy patterns which are learned and passed on down through generations. JMHUO
:blowkiss:

Could this be KC? Do not click on but google www.survivorskc.com I found this when researching from the rumor thread. Any of our computer people here to asess the website? There are sidebars about child abuse that you can click on but the site has not been finished. Be easy on me, I had to read alot of disgusting information to find this site. If this is nothing no thrashing please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine