Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if Maddie got out of bed (drink? bathroom?), opened the door and wandered outside the room. It would have been easier to understand why she was taken and not the other children.

lets look at her statement.... The parents caused this...
if the parents had eaten in their room would she have been taken? if they had a baby sitter? if they had taken the kids with them? it was neglect. their neglect made there child a easy target. fire. what if fire had killed all 3 kids. would we not say the parents are to blame because they left the kids in a room alone. i would assume they are to far away to smell smoke since they are too far away to see some1 enter their room and take their child. the fact the parents set this in motion is not changed by the fact some1 else is involved. i pray that whatever this child suffers befalls the person who took her 10 times over. that does not clear her parent from the actions they took.

What consequences do you think the parents should suffer? People love to repeat themselves about the parent's guilt in this matter and that's fine, but what do you think their punishment should be?

So it's been over two weeks since Madeline has gone missing. It seems like other than the Murat story there haven't been too many new developments.

I have to admit that based on other cases I have seen, after about a week my hope began fading for poor Maddy.

I agree with Roughly Collie's speculation above that she was taken and killed. I sometimes wonder if the international response and huge reward increased the likelyhood she would be killed. Not that I think things should have been done differently, but I would think the kidnapper would freak out and do something rash even moreso after seeing the international outrage...

How is everyone else feeling? Is your gut response that she is still alive?

Thanks you Roughly, That was a really interesting post.

One other thought I have is that in their 'advertising' of Mattie they made known the stark difference in her right eye. Putting myself in the mind of a kidnapper, once I realized that what I had was such a tell-tale ID mark, I would probably kill her. Changes like hair color and style could make her look different than she was, but that eye will always stay the same.

I wish they hadn't told this to the public.

I don't know how I skipped over this post, but I agree with you 100%.

"The parents caused this"?????

CAUSED?

You are as incorrect as you are smug and heartless: the evil scum who abducted Madeleine caused this, no one else.

As I said before, Madeleine's parents were guilty of innocence, in that they believed their children would be as safe in a Portuguese resort as children always have been in that part of the world, which I know so well (I can't imagine you'd be bothered reading my far-too-long post on this issue, but it's a few pages back).

If you want to accuse them of being negligent, etc, etc, then fine, that's your view and you are more than entitled to it, but to be so venomous, at a time like this, as to accuse them of "causing" this is beyond belief.

I stand by what I said, the smug and pitliess who express these oh-so-easy views should be ashamed. It's mind-boggling how, at a time like this, so many turn on the victims, rather than directing their contempt at the guilty.

The baby who was left alone to be taken is the "victim" here. God only knows whats been happening to her since she was taken, but NEVER forget for one second that SHE is the victim in all this. Not the parents who will get to sleep in their warm bed and wake up to feel all over again that they could have prevented this.

Huff and other crimebloggers are saying to take what is reported in the Portuguese newspapers with a grain of salt. Whether something is lost in translation, or whether their reporters like to exaggerate slightly, I do not know. One specific piece of wrong info Huff points to is the earlier report that a police dog got a positive "hit" on Madeleine's scent at Murat's house.

As for the parents, I have to wonder what impaired their judgment so radically. I wonder if either or both were/are substance-abusers. It seems drastically wrong that two persons intelligent enough to get through med school would think it was OK to leave their babies alone in a room at a forieign resort for hours on end, not just once, but several times during their vacation.

jeez, we're still debating the actions of the parents?
and wtf is taking LE in Portugal so long???? I am more and more frustrated and impatient with this story each day! Dear God please help find Maddie so everyone can just breathe a sigh of relief.

MG

What consequences do you think the parents should suffer? People love to repeat themselves about the parent's guilt in this matter and that's fine, but what do you think their punishment should be?
No punishment could be worse than the not know ing and the horrible reality they are living in... I think that it is a mute point now. If they never know what happened to their daughter it will be the most awful way to live.I pray that somehow they will find out regardless of the outcome.

So it's been over two weeks since Madeline has gone missing. It seems like other than the Murat story there haven't been too many new developments.

I have to admit that based on other cases I have seen, after about a week my hope began fading for poor Maddy.

I agree with Roughly Collie's speculation above that she was taken and killed. I sometimes wonder if the international response and huge reward increased the likelyhood she would be killed. Not that I think things should have been done differently, but I would think the kidnapper would freak out and do something rash even moreso after seeing the international outrage...

How is everyone else feeling? Is your gut response that she is still alive?
My gut is telling me that she was taken by a sick twisted pportunistic perv who probably took her and killed her within a day or two. I hate that I feel this but I do....I do not believe this is an international child trafficking crime.

The baby who was left alone to be taken is the "victim" here. God only knows whats been happening to her since she was taken, but NEVER forget for one second that SHE is the victim in all this. Not the parents who will get to sleep in their warm bed and wake up to feel all over again that they could have prevented this.

I wonder if the parents will stay in Portugal forever.

I don't know how they could lift their heads back home.

I think we have to hang on to hope that she will be reunited with her parents....however remote the odds of that are. "advertising" her case is the ONLY way to keep that hope alive. Elizabeth's Smart's family knew that keeping her case in the media was the best chance they had of getting their daughter back. It worked...yes, it took 9 months but the reason she was found and reunited with her family was because she was recongnized by someone who knew her story.

If we didn't hang on to hope of finding missing people and just went on statistics there would never be any "missing" people because they would all be presumed dead if not found within the first few hours.....according to statistics.

I say keep the prayers, hope and positive thoughts going to Maddie and her parents. That's what I'm doing.

I think we have to hang on to hope that she will be reunited with her parents....however remote the odds of that are. "advertising" her case is the ONLY way to keep that hope alive. Elizabeth's Smart's family knew that keeping her case in the media was the best chance they had of getting their daughter back. It worked...yes, it took 9 months but the reason she was found and reunited with her family was because she was recongnized by someone who knew her story.

YES! And only John Walsh would do the new story with the sketch of the perp.

That was an incredibly emotional time in the days after Elizabeth was rescued, I'll never forget hearing she was found alive, was with her parents. Her father's first news conference after, I was sobbing. Wow.

The parents always get crucified when the worst happens. It can't touch the grief of having her gone. Atleast we all agree on the innocence of the child.

I've met some cold hearts in my time, but never one this cold. Are you a parent? If so, how could you possibly imagine that the McCanns are sleeping soundly in their "warm bed" when their child is missing? Are you for real? It's astounding that you seem to feel more hate for them than the person(s) who took Madeleine.

You have contempt for the McCanns because of what they did that night - but must you really extend that contempt to a suggestion that they are so uneffected by the loss of their child that they can sleep soundly at night? Do you really believe that, or are you just being gratuitously offensive and cruel simply to get a reaction, as you are getting now?

We seem to define 'victim' differently. I don't see it as a contest, even though there are obviously different degrees of 'victimhood'. Do you think I don't know that Madeleine is the chief victim here? Need that even be said? No. But, yes, I also believe the loved ones of the victim of a crime like this are victims too.

I was the victim of a crime as a child. In a perfect world my parents could have protected me, but through their innocence, and through an error in judgement, they had no idea I was in danger. Some times, even now (35 years later), I feel anger towards them, but it's pointless because I know they did not intend me to get hurt, they weren't responsible for what happened to me, a piece of evil scum was.

They loved me, as the McCanns loved Madeleine. They failed to protect me when I most needed protecting, just as the McCanns failed to do too. Does that mean my parents and the McCanns didn't have their lives destroyed too upon learning what had happened their child? If they deserved punishment - and they don't - that's plenty.

Parents, like any humans, make mistakes. They vary in their magnitude. Sometimes they make catestrophic errors in judgement. They don't, usually, do so with evil intent or with any malice, and most times' those mistakes or errors in judgement go unpunished. The McCann's mistake, or however you want to label it, has been punished in the worst way imaginable - but do you want them to be punished more? I can't imagine that you could do anything to them that would make them feel any worse than they do. Does that mean nothing to you? Do you want to dance on their 'graves' too? If you do, I truly pity you.

I've met some cold hearts in my time, but never one this cold. Are you a parent?

YOU are coming very close to being thrown off of this forum.

I've got three children and NONE of them would be worth me leaving to get a bite to eat. When one becomes a parent everything takes a backseat to what we want. Their safety becomes our NUMBER ONE issue. That is, those of us parents who want to see our children again.

Don't know if you've seen this tonight but this is a bizarre coincidence (if it's true):

Portuguese Police Rescue Girl, 11

Portuguese police have rescued an 11-year-old girl from Eastern Europe they believed had been kidnapped in Spain.
A police spokesman said officers arrested the driver of a car with the girl inside after a high-speed chase in the tourist region of the Algarve near the Spanish border.

YOU are coming very close to being thrown off of this forum.

Honestly, I can live with your threats to throw me off the forum, content in the knowledge that I challenged you about the bile you have been spitting about the McCanns. Is that what happens people who argue back against you, they get banned? Whatever happened freedom of speech?

"........those of us parents who want to see our children again".

Good lord.

Honestly, I can live with your threats to throw me off the forum, content in the knowledge that I challenged you about the bile you have been spitting about the McCanns. Is that what happens people who argue back against you, they get banned? Whatever happened freedom of speech?

"........those of us parents who want to see our children again".

Good lord.

Bye Bye

I just heard the latest report on The Lineup, and it is that Portugese police are now working to getting an arrest warrant for this Mr Murat.

The reporter said at the first when she was taken, he approached the crime scene and told someone he was an 'investigator' in the case!~ WOW Amazing how he is fitting into the typical psychopathic role. The reporter implied there is enough there to believe he was the actual person that took her.

Scandi

I heard on the news that an aunt lives in Ireland, so maybe Ireland07 is family. Maybe that explains some of the comments.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member