OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is odd,if it's not been mentioned from her FB.

Terri Moulton Horman
Friday at 8:46am

So she was on her FB at 8:46 am,but said she sent him to his class at 8:45.And that evening on FB after calling 911 she was playing on FB and posting pics?
Friday at 5:34pm via Treasure Isle
9 new photos
Friday at 4:21pm · View Feedback (5)Hide Feedback (5) · Share

I think you are in a different time zone then her. The photos were posted at 1:21 pm pacific time.

Sunday, as Kyron's family ordered fliers carrying the boy's description and smiling face, authorities continued investigating his disappearance, calling in more than 65 detectives from various police agencies and nearly 60 trained searchers.​

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.​

Schreiber said she and her son, Jacob, 9, were interviewed Sunday by a federal agent. She said she told the agent that Friday was an especially hectic day at Skyline.

"On a normal day, seeing a stranger will make you go, 'Hmm. I wonder who that is?' On such a hectic day as Friday, there was such a lot going on. To tell you the truth, I was focused on looking at the (science) project and helping Jacob fill out his (evaluation) form and not on the faces around me."

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.​

Terri Moulton Horman

So she was on her FB at 8:46 am,but said she sent him to his class at 8:45.And that evening on FB after calling 911 she was playing on FB and posting pics?
9 new photos

What time zone are you in? I viewed her page on the west coast and it said it was in the 7 am hour. The time stamp may be adjusted for your time zone. If this is true, she was doing something on Facebook an hour before she last saw him. I guess she was able to get to the science fair, walk around a bit and drop him off within that hour.

ETA: She posted photos at 12:51pm Friday local time, and her last gaming was at 2:04pm local time.

That doesn't necessarily seem odd to me. This is probably a talent show that all the kids are herded into participating in, whether they're interested in showing off any performing "talents" or not. Kyron seems like more of a geeky kid, and it's been mentioned that he's sort of timid, so quite likely not terribly keen on getting up on stage and performing anything. I wouldn't be surprised if his only involvement was supposed to be singing a song or two with a large group of young children, that was sort of the dumping ground for the kids who weren't really into performing anything.

I remember when I was in third grade, I was herded into the large group of "lost boys" in the school play "Peter Pan", and I'm female. It was the catchall for all the shy or scared or dorky little kids who obviously weren't up to actually learning lines and saying them audibly in front of an audience. I couldn't have cared less if my parents had come to watch or not. Since I wasn't going to be Tinkerbell, I didn't want to be in the play at all, but I wasn't given that option.

I expect the high point of Kyron's day was the science fair, and his stepmother came for that. For all we know, he'd told her he didn't want her to come to the "stupid talent show".

Quite likely it was during nap time for the baby.

LE was at a distinct disadvantage when they didn't even know the child was missing for nearly 9 hours. They have nothing to go on. A stranger seems unlikely but so does any other scenerio at this point. My gut is saying it is another student that he would have gone with willingly. I still think he could be in the school, which is one of the reasons I don't think they should have school until he is found. I don't even know what more could be done at this point. I just want him to come home safely.

I am leaning towards it being an older student as well. and the fact that they are allowing classes to continue, kinda confirms that, they may be monitoring students behavior and see if anyone talks, but geez those tall weeds, if he is back there its nearly impossible they would find him, but my gut says he is still in the school somewhere.

A pic of him was added June 4th,along with the three science fair pics.

Terri Moulton Horman

9 new photos

She has a post at 8:01 AM for Treasure Island
(before she took him to school)

She posted pictures at 1:21 PM (the pictures she took of the science fair that morning)

She doesn't make another post till Saturday at 10:16 AM
Asking people not to listen to the news.

Saw the photo of him and Terri's father,so he's close to his grandparents,which he's always known.He was a baby when they got married.I wonder why the older boy is with the grandparents instead of either parent.

And is Terri and Kaine raising the boy in the science fair pic and bowling photo.Photo says it's his first time bowling,looks like Kyron is helping him hold the ball,sweet little child.

She has a post at 8:01 AM for Treasure Island
(before she took him to school)

She posted pictures at 1:21 PM (the pictures she took of the science fair that morning)

She doesn't make another post till Saturday at 10:16 AM
Asking people not to listen to the news.
In the photo of Kyron in front of his science project, why are there not a lot of other parents, teachers, and kids? You can see one child in the background, but no others. Where is everyone? What time did she actually drop off Kryon?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kyron-horman-missing-disappeared-elementary-school/story?id=10836677

The step brother didn't live there, he was reported to live with grandparents and attend school several hours away as I recall, so probably did not have friends there at that school district.

The stepbrother lives with Kyron's stepmother's parents, in Roseburg, OR. That's a bit odd in itself, though of course there may be a perfectly normal explanation that we just don't know. At any rate, looking at the map, it appears to be about 275 miles away. A bit of a hike, but 100 miles or so closer than Kyron's mother, who lives in Medford, and who Kyron reportedly visits every other week. But unless there some huge backstory re the stepbrother that we haven't heard, presumably he visits his mother fairly regularly (or vice versa), and his mother is functioning as Kyron's primary mother. Looking at the map, if the stepmother is involved in shuttling Kyron to visit his mother, it would make sense to stop along the way to visit her son and her parents.

In the photo of Kyron in front of his science project, why are there not a lot of other parents, teachers, and kids? You can see one child in the background, but no others. Where is everyone? What time did she actually drop off Kryon?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kyron-horman-missing-disappeared-elementary-school/story?id=10836677

I noticed that,one parent in one of the articles said there was alot of parents and she didn't know them all.She was busy looking at the projects,not thinking to look around.I mean you wouldn't be,who would think something like this anyway.It started at 8:00,so I'm wondering if he was one of the last kids in the science fair room before going to class.

I noticed that,one parent in one of the articles said there was alot of parents and she didn't know them all.She was busy looking at the projects,not thinking to look around.I mean you wouldn't be,who would think something like this anyway.It started at 8:00,so I'm wondering if he was one of the last kids in the science fair room before going to class.
Or was he at school waaaaaaay too early. (?)

One thing that has me really scratching my head here is that everyone is being so nonchalant there seems to be no real since of urgency. No one is screaming WHERE IS THIS BABY!!!, no one is panicky, LE seems to be going through the motions or the (appearance) of searching but nothing full scale like hey there is a 7 year old missing!!

Where is the urgency?

I agree...except I have seen it before.

Since I live right here... I have to say... It was like this with Ethan Stacy. :sick:

Especially when contrasted with the few other missing children in the same state. When we compared Destiny Norton or Elizabeth Smart with Ethan Stacy... it was immediately obvious something was very wrong in the Ethan Stacy situation. There initially appeared to be a major search... then it was obvious there wasn't even before they publicly admitted they had quit looking.

This feels a lot like that situation. The difference being with Ethan it was simply more obvious. A smaller area, impossible to hide a large scale remote mountain search like that. In Portland... it might be easier to hide that kind of search...but here it just wasn't going to happen.

In this situation I am not so close to it. But I contrast it with Zoey Dorsey in the same state. The search did not slow down although that was a shorter time period. Nadia was a different state, but again the search did not slow down and that was a much longer time period.

Something is different here than just a child wandering off... or they would still be frantically searching those woods.

I swear there is another case where the child was found alive...that this situation reminds me of...the lack of urgency... but I can't think of it right now. :waitasec:

Where is the father? Has the father made any statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆