OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep checking back and at this point I am not sure if no news is good news or bad news. I am still leaning towards the father of the father..Somthing about the restraining order that does not set well with me.

It's very weird that they would get out to hike or look aroud without their cell phones, wallets, and especially dog. Most people bring a leash with them.

I'm really suspecting foul play on this one. Most people wouldn't leave their dog (pets are family) and their money if they were going to take off.

I am hoping it is not a murder-suicide type deal.. was the family in financial troubles?

Hopefully they got lost hiking somewhere, however i don't believe thats the case. People would usually bring a cell phone, wallets, and their dog if they were hiking.

I would never leave my dog in the car alone for more than one minute. If i am at a rest stop, she goes in the portajohn with me. It's crowded, yet so much safer for the both of us.

I'm sure that little girl loved her pup and they'd bring the dog with them even for a spell. They had a restraining order against the father's father?
Them leaving all that in the car sounds like they were taken out of their vehicle against their will by someone who was armed.
Does anyone know if the dog is ok?
Would it be possible the family is being held hostage?

The dog got vet treatment and was adopted or fostered out; I don't know which. But there have been references to the dog's recovery on the thread.

It would be easy to abduct a whole family--just grab the child and threaten her with a weapon. But to what purpose? This is either a very rare crime (like the Groene murder/abductions), a family or business affair with a real motive, a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time (while a crime was being committed, etc.) or a weird accident. But given the father's problem walking, leaving the coats and phones, having the dog AND the money there in the first place, and the problems of walking with a child in that terrain, I think it is #1, #2 or #3.

Information that has turned up in the various "resources" suggests that the family was believed to be "wealthy", they lived in a house with a security system, they travelled frequently to time- shares and they were carrying a 'sustantial" amout of cash yet both of the Jamisons were supposed to be "disabled" and did not work and nobody has suggested any other source of income. If both of them were getting some kind of disability/workers Comp check they could sustain a "lower middle class" lifestyle at best.

They were found to be missing when their truck was discovered. Apparently no one reported them missing. Somewhere there is a "son", possibly a teenager we have no information on and there is a mother, probably Bobby's. who may be suffering dementa, but I can't find out what happened to her.

There is an acrimonious lawsuit with is father

Then there is the matter of the money.

There are some missing pieces

There were some unusual things going on with this family. They didn't just get lost while looking at land.

This is the only recent news that I have been able to find. Interesting comment about looking at time share properties.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_304155828.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

Thinking more about the time share comment. Could it be that's why nobody reported them missing? I thought (can't find it now) a previous article said they spent time going to these time shares - don't know how often, but could be they would spend a couple weeks at one and the same at others? Since they had no job they had to show up for, their time was basically their own/

I don't know...something's major hink here. I don't think they just fell into a hole although, there was a 4yo boy that disappeared around here in Irving, they think he fell into a sinkhole and was never seen again.

The no-working, money for time shares, substantial amount of cash.....sets off hink. Although he may have gotten a hefty settlement for his car accident. I still wonder if the truck was just moved there and parked. And did people really just drive by, see the dog and do nothing for days?? Or was it a case of oh yeah, I remember driving by that truck and seeing it and the dog. Too many ifs and maybes here.

Information that has turned up in the various "resources" suggests that the family was believed to be "wealthy", they lived in a house with a security system, they travelled frequently to time- shares and they were carrying a 'sustantial" amout of cash yet both of the Jamisons were supposed to be "disabled" and did not work and nobody has suggested any other source of income. If both of them were getting some kind of disability/workers Comp check they could sustain a "lower middle class" lifestyle at best.

They were found to be missing when their truck was discovered. Apparently no one reported them missing. Somewhere there is a "son", possibly a teenager we have no information on and there is a mother, probably Bobby's. who may be suffering dementa, but I can't find out what happened to her.

There is an acrimonious lawsuit with is father

Then there is the matter of the money.

There are some missing pieces

There were some unusual things going on with this family. They didn't just get lost while looking at land.

The son never had contact with the father? What age range teen age are we talking?

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11356491

"Sheriff Beauchamp says investigators have looked into the Jamison's past and there doesn't appear to be any signs that they were in trouble or looking to start a new life. He says there's no obvious reason why they disappeared."

I know it's an older article, looks to be updated or something.
What had happened with the dispute with the father and his father?

I think that whoever got them out of the car, it was someone they knew. There weren't signs of a struggle

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091025_12_A17_REDOAK533949

"The pickup was parked at a well site, about 30 miles from the family's Eufaula home. Inside the pickup, investigators found Bobby Dale Jamison's wallet, Sherrilynn Jamison's purse, maps, a GPS device, a substantial amount of cash and a cell phone last used Oct. 8.

Beauchamp said the family had gone to look at a couple of 40-acre plots of land for possible purchase and that they apparently planned to move a shipping container to the secluded mountain area and live there."

So they were planning to convert a shipping container into a home? They were going to look at land to buy.
Who did they contact to find out info about this land they went to look at?

I've read cases about people going to look at things to buy and then getting killed. I know their wallets were full and in the car, however if it was rumored the family had some money, maybe some bad people had another agenda.

When they arrived there were they supposed to meet with someone to show them the land? Or just free roam?

Who knew where they were going on that day?

I don't know...something's major hink here. I don't think they just fell into a hole although, there was a 4yo boy that disappeared around here in Irving, they think he fell into a sinkhole and was never seen again.

The no-working, money for time shares, substantial amount of cash.....sets off hink. Although he may have gotten a hefty settlement for his car accident. I still wonder if the truck was just moved there and parked. And did people really just drive by, see the dog and do nothing for days?? Or was it a case of oh yeah, I remember driving by that truck and seeing it and the dog. Too many ifs and maybes here.

There are alot of IF's ITA !
I wonder how often this land owner ventured up to this property, if he lives there year round or only comes up on ocassion. We only get up to our mountain cabin maybe 3 times in the summer months. We can not get up there after September or before June - July because of the snow.

I think the truck was moved there too, I don't know why just a feeling.

When I looked up Bobby's records there wasn't much. 1 Dui and one speeding ticket. At least that I could find in OK. There was also some sort of Lawsuit that was dismissed with predijuce in 2007. Was filed in 2005 Auto negligence claim for civil relief over $10,000. This could have been settled out of court for a good sum of money as it was against 3 people.
This of course is only my opinion...

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=1907562&db=Oklahoma

If they were just going to free roam and look at the land themselves, i'd think they'd have brought at least the cell phones, dog, and maybe a coat for the little girl.

It sounds like they got out of the car to maybe greet someone they were meeting or someone they knew got them out the car under gunpoint.

Those are the only reasons i can think of to leave wallets, cell phones, coats, and especially the dog in the car. Would be if they got out of the car with plans to return to it quickly. As in just greeting someone, then following them in their pick up.
The parents would have got out to shake hands maybe the girl followed.

Or someone they knew or were expecting to meet up with forced them out at gunpoint.
There were no signs of trouble

There are alot of IF's ITA !
I wonder how often this land owner ventured up to this property, if he lives there year round or only comes up on ocassion. We only get up to our mountain cabin maybe 3 times in the summer months. We can not get up there after September or before June - July because of the snow.

I think the truck was moved there too, I don't know why just a feeling.

When I looked up Bobby's records there wasn't much. 1 Dui and one speeding ticket. At least that I could find in OK. There was also some sort of Lawsuit that was dismissed with predijuce in 2007. Was filed in 2005 Auto negligence claim for civil relief over $10,000. This could have been settled out of court for a good sum of money as it was against 3 people.
This of course is only my opinion...

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=1907562&db=Oklahoma

You make a good point. The crime scene (kidnapping etc) took place somewhere else and then the truck was put there. They were supposed to go look at land to buy there it was said. It would explain why everything was left in the car if someone else moved it.

I am bothered by the fact that no one reported them missing. What does that tell us ?
They weren't in contact with family , they had a habit of taking off for extended periods of time ? What about the little girl missing school, surley the school missed her unless she was home schooled ?
Oct 8th was the last time they used there cellphone and no one in the family reported them missing, it was a land owner concerned enough to call about the truck...I just don't know.
I talk to my mom about 3 times a week, and 1 a week to my dad as well as extended family.
I can't believe no one missed the little girl especially being a granddaughter.

http://www.bartlesvillelive.com/con...or-missing-family/KRTvqSbLJUCKV0vp3WIbSw.cspx

from above link:A deputy found the Jamison family's pickup Saturday in a heavily forested rural area about 30 miles away from their home, officials said.

The sheriff's office said there were no signs of foul play in the truck.

http://www.mcalesternews.com/homepage/local_story_295111743.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

from above article: “It was reported to us on Saturday, Oct. 17,” Wells said. “Some people called and said a vehicle had been sitting by the side of the road for some time with an animal in it.

“They didn’t give any indication it had been there for more than a few hours,” Wells said.

However, the caller later phoned back and said the pickup had been there for a number of days, according to Wells.

Latimer County Sheriff Israel Beachum, Undersheriff Matt Bohn and other officers headed toward the scene when they learned how long the pick-up had been at the site, according to Wells.

“We found the truck,” Wells said. “By the time we got mobilized, it was full dark.”

Investigators later learned the pick-up had been seen at the site as early as Oct. 7, according to Wells.

and this: “Their white pickup was found on Panola Mountain, near Red Oak,” said Latimer County Sheriff’s Sgt. Chuck Wells. Law enforcement officers found the pickup Saturday parked on a dirt road in an isolated area near a well-site where a natural gas drilling rig had once been, according to Wells.

from same article: “We don’t want a search party for three missing people to turn into a search for others,” Wells said.

Meanwhile, McIntosh County Sheriff Joe Hogan said his deputies had checked the family’s home near Eufaula. They found nothing amiss, he said.

The Jameson home had a home security system with some video on it, Hogan said.

Law enforcement officers have also looked at the security video, but found nothing to help them solve the mystery of where the family is, according to Hogan.

Contact James Beaty at jbeaty@mcalesternews.com.

The family had a home security system that included video footage! Those i would think would be relatively expensive. Unless the father could set it up himself, even so..

To have a security system like that, did he do any work at home to make more money?
To have that elaborate a security system one has to have a good reason. I have a friend who has one (he has a shop in his garage and he also had a cheating ex wife).

So i'm wondering the reasons behind why the family decided to get the security system with video footage. Did they have a lot of valuables in the house or was it other reasons?

I'm thinking the video security could have been because they were receiving threats from grandpa leading to the protective order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam