GUILTY WY - Katherine 'Katy' Coffee, 35, Newcastle, 3 June 2011

I promise I will get back on here and type more of the article. The links are for reporting news or for questions. The live links just show archived articles....maybe I could bob bonnar into putting some of it up here. He is our editor, and he doesn't have to know I am peazzzer right?

:) Katy! You are the paper weekly now!!!!

1 year has gone by.....DCI sent someone down to Texas. Thats about all the paper had to say, which was weird to me, to wait 10 months to do that much. They went down to talk to some of her ex co workers to find out more about Katy; what she was like, etc. They didn't read her obituary?! The whole deal just strikes me as so odd. There has never been an article printed in the local yokel paper from her family, no interview, etc. :pray:

Bumping you up Katy.....so sad. I feel like you have been swept under the rug here.

Bumping you up!!!!! I am not a terrible sluether, there just is NOTHING here going on with her case!!!! Her picture is in the paper w the reward amount, but zilch.......

Bumping you up Katy!!! This breaks my hearts for your family and you....

Peazzer, how big is the police department there? Do they work well with other agencies or do they seem to be resentful of having to share cases with county, state or feds? Did they look at her computer history or cell phone records?

Do Kate's parents live in Edna, Texas? Does she have siblings who might have corresponded with her regularly and who might know about her personal life?

You have done a great job of keeping this thread alive for Kate!

The police dept here is the good ol boy system. No, there is contention between to po po and the sheriffs dept. DCI is out of Casper Wyoming on this case.
Katy's parents reside in Canada. Katy wasn't alive here long enough to make any outstanding friendships, the townspeople are VERY CLANNISH.

Jacie, that's what I think, moo. So much goes on behind the scenes here! We had an escapee from the honor camp on the hill and they did not notify the sheriffs office immediately as they are required!!!! I don't know for how long the siren to let everyone know was delayed. And it is election year here for city council, mayor and county commissioners....

Bumping you up. It's been over a year and everyone here is mum.

Who killed you? Shot you execution style?

# pages now and nothing new. I am so sorry!!!

Your picture appears in the paper about every other week, along with the reward amount...I just wish one person could say something w/o repercussion in this one horse town....

Do I see your murderer here while I am at the grocery store? The gas station? Driving down the street? Just gives me chills.....

There are quite a few people here in town that have been bringing you up lately, Katy. We wonder if we pass your murderer in the store w/o knowing.....are they a neighbor? We want justice for you and your family....

Katy Coffee was my co-worker. I feel compelled to help her family find justice. If you know of any ways we can help please let's do something. Katy was a sweet, genuine person just starting to figure life out and get a new start.

I got a phone call this week from a person asking if the reward was doubled. I have asked around, but as usual, no one knows anything OR is WILLING to say anything.

Did you work with her here, or in Texas? I knew that the DCI took a trip to Texas to see and ask her old BF questions...

My parents live on a cattle ranch along highway 450, about 23 miles outside of Newcastle. There's a historical marker for the Texas Trail just a little way from our turnoff, and people always stop there and dump their garbage into our cow pasture, so a couple times a year we pick up the litter. My parents were doing this on a Saturday a few months ago and came across a .22 Derringer revolver with a missing cylinder that someone had obviously tossed out into our pasture. My dad turned the pistol into the sheriff's department that following Monday.

Last week, he stopped in to see if they had done anything with it, and apparently they did report it to the DCI, who were interested in it.

I don't know if this info is anything that can help the people here on WS, but I wanted to let you all know that there are people in this community that do care.

The Newsletter Journal newspaper here has Katy's picture in it and the family has raised the reward to 50,000!!!! I hope this case is still active.

How wonderful about that gun being turned in! I hope her killer or killers are found!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back