COLORADO Wild Fire.

Coloradan here too. :seeya:

Just for accuracy's sake, many municipalities (including mine) have cancelled their fireworks, but some have not cancelled...yet?? See list at link.

July 4th fireworks: Some shows cancelled, others remain

:waitasec:

Fort Collins canceled it's display, but there isn't any real risk of it starting a fire. The fireworks show is done over City Park lake adjacent to a fire station.

The bad news is that mother nature isn't stopping her fireworks. Several of the recent fires were started by lightning. We can expect a lot more fires this summer.

The fire broke out on June 30, however the winds on Wednesday blew heavy smoke and haze into Colorado.
link

More fire effect in CO, although the fires are in WY (Squirrel Creek& Arapaho fires). Saw & felt it ourselves today. (I have mild asthma and can feel the smoke.) Very hazy. Had to look up the cause. Thought it'd be a new CO fire or that the current ones blew up. Hopefully, the winds shift soon. The smoke's covering a very large swath.

7NEWS has received calls from all over the metro area and from northern and eastern Colorado with people reporting that they were seeing and smelling the heavy smoke.

Because of the smoke, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and the Regional Air Quality Council have issued an Action Day Alert for the Front Range Urban Corridor from El Paso County north to Larimer and Weld counties, including the Denver-Boulder area, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins and Greeley.

A Wildfire Smoke Health Advisory has been issued for the Front Range Urban corridor from Colorado Springs northward to Fort Collins and Greeley until at least 6 p.m. Wednesday.

"A weak cool front has bought moderate to heavy smoke in from Wyoming. This smoke will cause fine particulate concentrations to reach moderate to unhealthy-for-sensitive-groups concentrations across much of northeastern Colorado on Wednesday afternoon and evening," according to the Colorado Department of Public Health website.
link

I live in central Wyoming and spent this last weekend in Colorado Springs. I was worried the smoke would be terrible in Colorado, but it is definitely worse here at home in WY. I am coughing and having trouble breathing and so are some of my kids. We need rain. Bad! It is sooooo dry through the entire Rocky Mountain region this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I live in central Wyoming and spent this last weekend in Colorado Springs. I was worried the smoke would be terrible in Colorado, but it is definitely worse here at home in WY. I am coughing and having trouble breathing and so are some of my kids. We need rain. Bad! It is sooooo dry through the entire Rocky Mountain region this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's definitely worse here (in CO) now than last weekend! Sorry you guys are suffering! Poor firefighters have to be tired and stretched thin throughout the West! They are predicting monsoon rains here starting tomorrow, thank God! We'll pray some rain heads up your way too!

It's definitely worse here (in CO) now than last weekend! Sorry you guys are suffering! Poor firefighters have to be tired and stretched thin throughout the West! They are predicting monsoon rains here starting tomorrow, thank God! We'll pray some rain heads up your way too!

IT IS....
where i am.....the past few days havent been so bad and we even got some rain yesterday w/ some amazing double rainbows....

TODAY: smokey haze and smells of smoke..... :(

IT IS....
where i am.....the past few days havent been so bad and we even got some rain yesterday w/ some amazing double rainbows....

TODAY: smokey haze and smells of smoke..... :(

Thankfully, with the wind pattern shift drawing moisture from the south tomorrow, I think we'll be better able to see and breathe tomorrow!

With moisture heading into Colorado, emergency crews that have been focused on fires are now focused on the possibility of flash floods.

The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for the Colorado Springs area over concerns of runoff from the Waldo Canyon Fire.
Link

Also, the air where we are has cleared significantly here vs yesterday. Much less haze, thank God. 9 News is on right now, reporting monsoonal flow into CO. It always sounds odd to here monsoon & Colorado together. Hopefully the rains & higher humidity help the fire fighters and reduce the fire danger! Praying the lightening doesn't start more!

Saw last night there are actually 6 fires burning in WY! They were reporting on the one near you Kai, in central WY outside Casper. (I used to live there.) Hope things are improving there, too.

I woke up to the sweet smell & sound of raindrops this morning. It has been raining off and on all day today. Praise God! The smoke has lessened in our area at least. I sure hope that it clears up for everyone down south of us too soon! :) Praying for the firefighters daily!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back