GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

I hope she does go with insanity. It rarely ever works and there is no way this woman can use it and win. Her attorney is nuts if he goes for it but hopfully he will. I hope she is locked up for the rest of her life. She had choices and she made a terrible one. She reminds me of Casey Anthony showing no remorse or emotion over this little girl.

"yeah, i'm not going anywhere"

what a little snot!! i'm so glad there's no deal, i hope she gets a lot longer than 15 years because she deserves it. how she could even think of the temp insanity defense is beyond me. to come up with her someone attacked me and kidnapped Emma shows that she was fully in her right mind and trying to lie so as not to get busted. she is really a piece of work.

i don't post on this thread often, but make sure to keep up and i thank all of you for sticking up for sweet baby Emma!

Joga, I agree with every point you made, especially "what a little snot". If they use the insanity defense IMHO it's not going to work.

I was over on the Cantu thread today and someone had posted the insanity defense PDF for me (and others to read). The PDF is located over there, below is another article I found.

If I am reading correctly, in the state of CA there is no temporary insanity defense. It has to be an insanity defense.

http://w3.uchastings.edu/plri/spring95/tmpinsan.html

...Currently, California criminal law does not distinguish between temporary and permanent insanity. The only relevant issue, under California law, is the defendant's sanity (or insanity) at the time of the crime's commission.

California Penal Code Section 25(b) ("Section 25(b)") creates a two prong test for sanity: The first prong requires a defendant to understand the nature and quality of his act. The second prong requires the defendant to be able to distinguish between right and wrong. A defendant who cannot satisfy both of these prongs is statutorily insane...

Of course I only snipped a small sentence, it goes on to be a quite involved article.

IMHO, it would be very difficult to prove that she did not understand the nature and quality of her act because she went to great lengths to create a cover story and she dumped Emma's body elsewhere.

Those actions also indicate that she knew right from wrong because she lied to LE about circumstances surrounding Emma's death. (Elaborate story in which she made herself look like the victim of a crime, dumping her child's body and not admitting where that body was until well into the interrogation.

I don't see her walking on this one. I do wonder though what she will ultimately be convicted of...and I hope that her sentence is severe. JMHO.

Both of those pictures are just heart breaking. Seeing the innocense of touching a rose (probably for the 1st time), and then the pic of her grave with toys and a small bday cake. May she rest in peace.

I used the picture of her touching the rose for the exact reason you said, it showed her essence. Without thinking about the connection to the flowers on her marker. She is just precious in every way.

Tori, Twin and Nurse have done such an incredible job covering every hearing.

I hope she does go with insanity. It rarely ever works and there is no way this woman can use it and win. Her attorney is nuts if he goes for it but hopfully he will. I hope she is locked up for the rest of her life. She had choices and she made a terrible one. She reminds me of Casey Anthony showing no remorse or emotion over this little girl.

Early on a couple of posters at Topix claimed to work with her or to have been a friend of hers in the past, they said she kept insisting no one knew what happened with Caylee and KC, so they shouldn't bad mouth her. I almost have the feeling she was trying to do what KC did, with her own twist on it thinking she could get away with it where KC failed... Didn't work so well for her. Thank God she picked one of the less bright killers to copy.

I still don't understand why the DA didn't go for premeditated murder. She lied about taking Emma to the park, when they left the house and she double dosed her with Dimetapp. No one gives an asymptomatic baby a double dose of antihistamine before taking them to a park. You double dose them when you want them to sleep hard. Hmmm, why would she want Emma to start sleeping heavy so early? Maybe she was hoping Emma would fall asleep to make it easier for her to do the deed. Then she couldn't even wait until it kicked in... :cry:

She is heartless, just like KC. The Judge reminds me a lot of Judge SS, s.m. can be as funny as she wants. The Judge knows exactly why that b!tch is sitting in his court, he's not going to forget and he knows all the little details we're waiting for. I don't care, I just want her to rot. :behindbar

She has already admitted (on tape) to LASD, that she gave Emma a plastic baggie, played peek a boo with the blanket, while precious Emma sucked on the baggie, somehow the blanket accidentally :confused: got tangled :waitasec: on the carseat. S.M. took this opportunity to accidentally :eek: slap her hand over Emma's mouth and nose.:snooty: Hold her hand there, clapped down on her little face accidentally :furious: all while Emma fought for her life, didn't take it off until that baby stopped fighting, :shakehead:her hands dropped to her lap, her head turned to her side. :cry:

:rose:
picture.php
:rose:
+:+:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:+:+​
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kat thank you for finding those things.

When she was arrested it was murder-2, assault on a child resulting in death, and child abuse.

murder 2 they said was 25 to life.

I can't even imagine how her PD can think she qualifies for insanity.

How in the he!! can she even think of pleaing temp insanity/insanity? Just because she she shows up to court a couple days with her hair in a rat's nest makes her think that will qualify? And then to show up with full on make-up and her hair done the next-HAHAHA SM and that smirk??

She has made too many decisions in Emma's death to prove she wasnt and isnt insane at that time or ever- She made methodical plans to hide her and elaborate stories to hide the death and murder of Emma.

sm has no chance in he11 to get off with this- I doubt if MH will even get it in SC's brutal death. They take your past life history on these cases, and someone who could hold a job @ Country**** and a Sunday School teacher are NOT my ideal candidates for the insanity plea.

Thanks again MMB for bringing Tori's posts over. Saves me time reading 2 sites, but I miss Max and his info :)
TTS my super-sluether friend :blowkiss:

I am in tears and beyond disgusted that a plea would even be considered!! Thank GOD it didn't. What a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful life that was cut short. That picture with Emma and the rose was so touching. I wish I lived close enough to have joined you special ladies. Thank you for doing that. I will say a prayer for Emma's grandparents, God Bless them, their hearts are broken.

How in the he!! can she even think of pleaing temp insanity/insanity? Just because she she shows up to court a couple days with her hair in a rat's nest makes her think that will qualify? And then to show up with full on make-up and her hair done the next-HAHAHA SM and that smirk??

She has made too many decisions in Emma's death to prove she wasnt and isnt insane at that time or ever- She made methodical plans to hide her and elaborate stories to hide the death and murder of Emma.

sm has no chance in he11 to get off with this- I doubt if MH will even get it in SC's brutal death. They take your past life history on these cases, and someone who could hold a job @ Country**** and a Sunday School teacher are NOT my ideal candidates for the insanity plea.

Thanks again MMB for bringing Tori's posts over. Saves me time reading 2 sites, but I miss Max and his info :)
TTS my super-sluether friend :blowkiss:

Hi there CG!! :blowkiss: Back at you!!

I so agree with your post. What MH did to that beautiful little girl just makes me sick and hurts my heart. I don't think i need add anything to my feelings about s.m.

The crazy thing about s m claiming insanity or even not guilty, she confessed, on tape. She also claimed over and over I'm a good mom, it was an accident. (Umm yeah, we all accidentally hold our hand over our baby's face while they try to beat us off, until they die; right?) I know if I ever did that it would be an accident. :furious:

FYI We haven't seen our friend Max in several months. He gave us a puzzle to sleuth out for him. None of us could find anything and most of us are old enough to remember the time frame. Nothing. So I just don't know...

PS: Hi Lj! I agree. I was beside myself. Those addy's we saved from our emails came in very handy! Of course no one showed up anyway!! We actually believe she was offered the deal, we heard the rumor then it came from a family member who notified us. But she apparently turned it down. :confused:

I kinda see where her PD is coming from but I don't think it will fly. Or as KatFish said, Not even in CA!! I don't think she meets the criteria, even very loosely, thanks to Kat bringing over the definitions. From what we have seen every one has said she was devoted to Emma, but on the other hand everyone except Amber has said she was off. Amber just implies things, without backing them up. Personally, I believe Amber is a little off too. You remember reading her posts, she can't spell most 3 letter words. Then she turns up and says she is going to school to be a Medical Examiner!! I guess she missed the part of the job description that mentions med school!! :winko: Everyone sends their hugs and best wishes that you are doing well. :grouphug:

When is the next court date?

~bump also~

When is the next court date?

~bump also~

Thanks for the bump. :blowkiss:

I just accessed the LASD site they have her court date listed as Oct 6 at 8:30 am. When they go to court on this day a date for trial within 60 days is supposed to be set.

I found this interesting, remember the all nighter's that Jose spent with KC, he wouldn't get away with that here. If I am reading this correctly that the profession visits are for atty's....

I was looking for a menu since we were all able to see the diet KC was put on. They didn't post one, but they are so proud of their culinary skills they posted a recipe for Turkey!! :turkey:

Mon.-Fri. (for professional visits only): 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat. & Sun. (regular visiting): 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. & 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. :hourglass:
Effective January 1, 2009, the hours for Professional Visits are :
Session 1: 9:15am – 12:00pm (Last pass taken at 11:30am)
Session 2: 1:00pm – 4:30pm (Last pass taken at 4:00pm)

e: MA04549201

Court Name: ANTELOPE VLY MUNI/SUP DPT A17
Court Address: 42011 4TH STREET WEST Court City: LANCASTERUPT

Tomorrow is the day... we should get a trial date, set for the next 60 days. If her atty doesn't pull something...

Im so excited MMB!!! I have been BUSY with kid issues, but keep checking in every few days for an update!!! Ill be on tomorrow to chat with ya abut her hearing. Its cool enough, lets hope the AC doesnt break this time...lol

I see that we have already have someone here who attends the hearings. I can't go tomorrow but if you guys want an additional WS member to attend trial, I'd be happy to do so and report back. I have not been active on this thread except to read, but I am a good observer. It may be good to have a few people reporting on what they see since one person can't look everywhere at once, so let me know.

I see that we have already have someone here who attends the hearings. I can't go tomorrow but if you guys want an additional WS member to attend trial, I'd be happy to do so and report back. I have not been active on this thread except to read, but I am a good observer. It may be good to have a few people reporting on what they see since one person can't look everywhere at once, so let me know.

Please do! You are so right about another set of eyes.

Oh absolutely!! The hearing today is supposed to set a trial date. We've been told that her lawyer is asking for a postponement. But we learned the hard way last time that what the family has been told isn't what always happens.

We were told by family that she was being offered a deal, which apparently she was but she and her atty turned it down and they have something else possibly an insanity plea they are trying. The craziness of it all!! The more ears and eyes the better.

Im so excited MMB!!! I have been BUSY with kid issues, but keep checking in every few days for an update!!! Ill be on tomorrow to chat with ya abut her hearing. Its cool enough, lets hope the AC doesnt break this time...lol

She's gonna need every minute with that ac now that she can get. whether it is cool or not. Because eventually she will be frying down below with her new BFF KC

Just to let you know I have heard nothing as of 6:eek:o

Gitana,
How sweet of you to offer to attend on your avail days- Im usually down in SFV/AV, but I am up north right now, so I will miss the whole thing- (although, I do plan on a so cal trip when they sentence her- I have been in this case since day one, and I would LOOOOOVE to put a face to smother mother :croc:, I say, the more eyes the better- Every set of eyes tells a different story, so I personally welcome your input!! Thanks!!! :blowkiss:

She's gonna need every minute with that ac now that she can get. whether it is cool or not. Because eventually she will be frying down below with her new BFF KC

MMB- Thank God I havent had the chance to experience for myself, but I hear if the heat from he!! doesnt kill her, the heat the inmates will crack down on her will. sm (refuse to dignify her OR give her any respect) will be feeling that heat :furious::furious: in GP/Prison and she KNOWS it- Hence, the dis-sheveled hair- she wouldnt be caught dead leaving the house looking like that- from what I've read, sm was very vain. She has a plan for insanity plea, and guess what sm???

ITS NOT GONNA WORK!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back