2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

The new laundry story jumps half an hour forward.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

First to you, Ms. Sykes. What did you observe in the home that evening?

ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

GRACE: So all along, Ms. Sykes, Misty Croslin has told us that that evening she spent that evening doing laundry, doing the kids` laundry. So that`s not true. You did the laundry?

SYKES: She did hers and Ronald`s and the household laundry, but I did the children`s clothes because I didn`t like them -- I didn`t like them to have stains or anything on them. I`m real -- I just always did their laundry, the children`s laundry. They did their own...

GRACE: And at that time...

SYKES: ... the adults` and the household laundry.

GRACE: And at that time, Ms. Sykes, Ronald Cummings was already at work?

SYKES: Yes. Absolutely.

GRACE: OK. So he`s out of the picture. Ms. Sykes, I know that by now, you are aware that Ms. Hollars, who is Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin`s grandmother -- she`s the one, one of ones, that called police, that ended up mounting this search of the St. John`s River -- really believes that Ronald Cummings, your grandson, is partially at fault. What`s your response?

SYKES: I heard what she said on your show about Ronald being responsible because he left the children with her and she was all strung out. But I was there, and she was not strung out. I mean, she was walking and talking just -- I mean, I talked to her. Like I said, she helped me carry the laundry in. She had fixed supper for the children. They were eating.

Her standards aren't that exacting, are they? I think there's something more to responsible babysitting than walking, talking and eating. I've known several intoxicated people who were able to do all three.

The trip to GGS Monday morning actually makes more sense to me now, because if Annette S truly had the laundry and hadn't dropped it off yet then a trip would have been out of necessity rather than just plain out taking Haleigh clear across town before school so she could have the outfit that she wanted.

Just because there was clothing in the closets with tags on them....to me....doesn't mean Haleigh was actually wearing those articles of clothing at that time. My children....four of them....have a lot of clothing in their closets right now that still have the tags on them. They don't fit...but will soon, until then they will remain in the closet with the tags until they are ready to be worn.

What feels wrong to me about it is, apparently GGMa Sykes had already done the laundry as they got a clean outfit from her. I just don't know why they didn't take all of the laundry so GGMa Sykes wouldn't have to make a trip to deliver it later that day. If Haleigh had time to change, they had time to load the laundry in the car. Maybe they just didn't have room. I dunno, just seems silly to me.

I think it's a generational thing. My ex-MIL use to demand that my children's and her adults children's clothes didn't come out of the dryer with any stains. I'm 46 so I have to take GGMS at her word because I experienced that way back in the 80's. Just sayin'.

Only offering my opinion, and certainly not interested in offending anyone.

What feels wrong to me about it is, apparently GGMa Sykes had already done the laundry as they got a clean outfit from her. I just don't know why they didn't take all of the laundry so GGMa Sykes wouldn't have to make a trip to deliver it later that day. If Haleigh had time to change, they had time to load the laundry in the car. Maybe they just didn't have room. I dunno, just seems silly to me.

The clothes could have been coming out of the dryer, and GGMS said she would bring the rest over later. Again, just typing from personal experience. My ex-MIL always got up way before me. I've actually washed loads and only thrown in the dryer what I needed for the moment and then once dressed thrown in the rest of the clothes to deal with later. JMO

My first impression back when I first heard about GGma Sykes stopping by was there is the "credible" alibi that Misty was home with Haleigh and Ron was at work. Basically, I always thought it was to cover their scenario but not what happened.

The other night on Nancy Grace when GGma Sykes talked about stopping by that night -I thought now she has covered why Misty said Haleigh was wearing the pink shirt and it was found in the house in the pile of clean clothes. Because until the other day, I believed it was found in the "pile of laundry" but I thought it was "clean" laundry, not dirty.

Well, if there was enough that you need two people to carry it in it sounds like more than one load and she could have done some of it the day before and still had some clothes unwashed in the morning. Different colors done on different days, things like that. Not ironed yet, or something.

JMO but if Ron and Misty gave much thought about saving Granny some trouble they would have done their own washing.

please forgive if this is the wrong recollection: but weren't there numerous reports that Misty had no laundry soap and had not been doing laundry at the home? Not to mention there was no evidence of something being recently washed in the machines the night Haleigh went missing?

washing blanket=pure bunk

I know...but if GGS had picked up the laundry and washed it and not yet dropped it off then the trip to get clothes for Haleigh would have been a necessity. It seems Ronald had other things on his mind Sunday evening rather than making sure Haleigh would be ready to walk out the door Monday morning and catch the bus on time....jmo....now if we only knew what that was...Also, Misty told Nay Nay and Greg P both that she intended on going to G-ville to visit her dad in the hospital on Monday....clearly she didn't. Personally, I wish Misty was never allowed back into the home that Sunday....early Monday. I wish Haleigh and Junior were never left with her.

Well, if there was enough that you need two people to carry it in it sounds like more than one load and she could have done some of it the day before and still had some clothes unwashed in the morning. Different colors done on different days, things like that. Not ironed yet, or something.

JMO but if Ron and Misty gave much thought about saving Granny some trouble they would have done their own washing.

bold by me...JMO but I honestly don't think RC ever gave much thought to saving GGS or TN any trouble....ever.....

The other thing to consider is did GGMS buy the clothes for her grandbabies? That would explain a lot, IMO.

The laundry hangs in my mind for some reason like the cinder block in the 911 call.

Perhaps GGMS had the kids the weekend before while Ron looked for Misty and just maybe Ron was actually picking Haleigh up that morning not so much a shirt for Haleigh. I know we have discussed this before. :)

I don't know it just has become a thorn in the bear's paw in my mind.

I don't think Misty washed anything that night. This may be her ultimate stumbling block actually.

Anyone know what the question was to Ron when he said, there was no laundry detergent.... ? If nothing else he had to know, Misty was lying about washing the clothes. Didn't Misty say she washed the blankets because, Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee? Then said she went to bed around 10:00? Again if so why was the washer still running at 3:30AM when the police arrived? None of this makes any sense IMO

The laundry hangs in my mind for some reason like the cinder block in the 911 call.

Perhaps GGMS had the kids the weekend before while Ron looked for Misty and just maybe Ron was actually picking Haleigh up that morning not so much a shirt for Haleigh. I know we have discussed this before. :)

I don't know it just has become a thorn in the bear's paw in my mind.

With Misty coming off a 3 day binder, on a Sunday night - Green Lane would not have been a pleasant place to be. I have always hoped GGMa Sykes had the kids and they went there Monday am to get Haleigh. Don't know if she did but I kinda think the kids would have stayed with GGMa Sykes at least when Misty first took off, Ron would have had to have worked at least one of those 3 days I would think.

With Misty coming off a 3 day binder, on a Sunday night - Green Lane would not have been a pleasant place to be. I have always hoped GGMa Sykes had the kids and they went there Monday am to get Haleigh. Don't know if she did but I kinda think the kids would have stayed with GGMa Sykes at least when Misty first took off, Ron would have had to have worked at least one of those 3 days I would think.

Right, because that weekend that Misty was gone...we know was RC's weekend because Crystal got Junior the weekend after Haleigh went missing.

It is one of the few things that does make sense:

Monday morning supposedly Ron and Misty fly over to get the outfit Haleigh wanted to wear to school from GGMa Sykes.

GGMa Sykes delivered the laundry at 730 pm Monday night.

Charlie, it makes less sense when you listen to Tape #3 of those Cobra/RC tapes and hear Ronald say he dropped Haleigh off at the bus stop that morning.

Anyone know what the question was to Ron when he said, there was no laundry detergent.... ? If nothing else he had to know, Misty was lying about washing the clothes. Didn't Misty say she washed the blankets because, Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee? Then said she went to bed around 10:00? Again if so why was the washer still running at 3:30AM when the police arrived? None of this makes any sense IMO

IIRC the quotes on "no laundry soap" came from Ron to TM & the beds were not slept in as well. I believe he said this elsewhere as well, but I am sketchy as where, so please feel free to discount lol. As far as the washer running when LE got there, LE has never confirmed this & I can't remember the source it came from. Anyone care to help???

IIRC, RC offered up that info when discussing the laundry. He had also stated the bed had been made and not slept in. And someone, maybe TN?, said there was dirty laundry in the dryer, which makes no sense to me.

I don't know, but this whole laundry thing has ALWAYS stuck in my mind. It's always been hokey. I think it comes in big somewhere.

MC saying she washed Haleighs blanket because it smelled like pee -- first off, we have to remember, she offered that info for no reason. Who says something like that if it weren't important . . . or part of the script because there needed to be a reason for doing laundry late, right? Second, I know from having a 5 y/o who wet the bed somewhat frequently at night until a year ago --- not only is the smell not going to come out with just water, but you probably have to wash it twice (with detergent).

GGMS's story has been inconsistent from the word go. Not only did the time change, but she immediately had said she handed off the clothes on the porch but went on to say the "house looked the same as it did the night before Haleigh went missing". How would she know that if she hadn't been inside? Now she's saying MC "helped" carry the laundry inside. So, first she was distancing herself from being in the mh and now she is trying to put herself inside. Hinky Hinky.

Plus, something just seems off about GGMS doing the kids's laundry. She was doing the kids' laundry but not RC's? Even before MC was in the pic? I just think if she was doing the kids' laundry, she probably would have been doing all of it, especially before MC was there. Then, when GGMS realized MC was living there, did she just suddenly say "You can do RC's and the "household" laundry"?

Anyway, all the talk of the laundry and the blankets, I just think it comes in to play somewhere. IMO, it's definitely part of the "cover-up plan".

Why do simple facts have to be so complicated???? ARRGGG!

I heard Ron say it on NG, but can't remember what the question was that he was answering to. Not a huge thing, just that Ron has to know Misty is lying. Something just not right with Ron in this whole thing IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back