2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ThinkTank
I am convinced that Cindy is communicating with the Defense new attorney Lisabeth F. -- to convey messages to the Inmate. It looks to me like Cindy is making movements to catch the attention of Lisabeth while the other attorneys are at sidebar, and Cindy seems to signal something with her left hand that looks like a gesture for the #2 or #1 -- maybe to alert Lisabeth that Cindy has sent her a text or IM on her laptop? It is definitely a deliberate hand motion of some type.
I do not believe that the Inmate ever makes eye contact with Cindy.
I believe Cindy is communicating with Lisabeth F and Sims - maybe when Cindy thinks she has something important to interject about the current testimony? The previous video in this series for June 11, 2011, witness Ron Murdock is talking about the photos of the Anthony garage and sheds and KC and Caylee bedrooms .... so, I'm sure Cindy thinks she had something important to relay to the Inmate's defense team.

Also the shifty eyed younger attorney, he passes the cell phone under the table when he sits near KC, one time it was not low enough. Watched the pass, the KC reading, and the pass back. It was in the 1st week of trial. I have no idea what is going on. I am sure the Judge is aware and can only be concerned with the most important actions. Since KC is not on the stand and handed a cell phone, ipad, blackberry, etc... there is only so much one person can call out or be watchful of at a time.

Shocking! IMO the guards are not watching the Inmate closely enough, and not treating her like any other Inmate.... they are much too lax with her IMO. The whole family infuriates me! But, I just keep telling myself it won't last much longer ... hopefully soon the Inmate will be found GUILTY of first degree murder and there will be no more "party days" in court.

I don't think she will, but I never have. Her age, the lack of the smoking gun, the inability of some jurors to make peace with themselves if they make that decision.

I will just add this: I think some jurors might come to the conclusion that there is something deeply wrong with this girl. That, along with her age, and I think there will be some inclined to show some mercy.

That said, if she's convicted, I think LWOP is going to end up being the sentence. I can't see it being any less than that.

JMO

June 1st:
CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Lee testifies George Anthony also had a set of keys to White Pontiac car and had access to trunk. #CaseyAnthony -fell
3 minutes ago

WS Twitter Thread - post 481

ETA: I don't think for one second GA had anything to do with it - just thinking what the DT might use to raise reasonable doubt.

Well I guess all I can say with that factoid that those set of keys are only useful IF you have access to the vehicle...That set of keys did come in handy when he had to go to the towyard to retrieve that car..and wowza..look at what he found????..

Just trying to use common sense...Do you believe for one minute he would have even paid that hefty bill to retrieve that car IF he knew about Caylee being in that trunk???...Yikes..doubt it..let it go to the junk yard and get crushed up...bye bye to evidence against either himself or his daughter??

Casey was always in possession of that car along with its smell and decomposing daughter up and until she left it with the keys locked inside to be towed or stolen..I really hope that the DT can somehow show that George did have access and oh yeah..he would have to have a close relationship with Mr. Kronk to aid him in getting into the trunk , steal Caylee's body, get all the household items to package her up, and place Caylee in that unusual hidding spot...DT best be able to prove of what they most definately asserted...not a wise thing to do for any defense...Scott's lawyer also made promises..couldnt back them up and look what happened?...Hummm

BTW..I can hear the "Fatlady Singing" in the distance too :floorlaugh:

I will just add this: I think some jurors might come to the conclusion that there is something deeply wrong with this girl. That, along with her age, and I think there will be some inclined to show some mercy.

That said, if she's convicted, I think LWOP is going to end up being the sentence. I can't see it being any less than that.

JMO

I hope not, for all the people that would live anywhere close to her if she is ever released, I hope not.

It would not be unusual for any household to have 2 sets of car keys. Cars typically come with 2 sets and they are typically placed in a key box, key drawer, key basket, key holder on the wall etc. At any given time anybody in the household and even people that come and go from the house COULD have access to the car keys.

There are exceptions to this but generally most people in the household know where the keys are kept.

This was a house with a 2 car garage everyone would know were the keys are just to juggle the cars. There were four adults in and out of the house and all drove.

You are right, someone else COULD HAVE had access to the trunk but you have to look at the case as a whole with little puzzle pieces. It doesn't fit. WHY? always ask yourself WHY? There is no reason, anybody else had to kill Caylee. They loved her, she was their pride and joy. There is no motive. The only one with motive was Casey. Add that to all the little pieces of the car, the heart sticker, the timing and so on and it becomes less and less "reasonable" that anybody else is connected to all those little pieces.

If you laid out all the evidence and and who it all connected to my only conclusion is Casey. She is the ONLY person with the motive, means and opportunity.

Why would there have to be prior abuse? A lot of children that were killed by their own parent had not been abused by said parent. They,in their own mind, simply wanted to get rid of what was no longer USEFUL in their life.

There doesn't have to be. I'm suggesting that some jurors may want to see the history of neglect in order to sentence her to death or lwop. Not everyone's going to need it.

After GA and CA's testimony it was my belief they saw the light. Believed it when JB performed his opening statement that this had to shock GA and CA. Come to find out they knew about it 6 weeks prior. Explains why they were not at jury selection and seemed to be laying low.

Foolishly I fell for their behavior thinking they could not possibly entertain the idea they were ok with JB's performance and ICA's throwing them under the bus and driving over them over and over and over.

As the trial goes on and these situations come to light (texting, hand signals, Lee's testimony) beginning to believe the A's are on the JB/ICA train.

The A's may be heart broken about Caylee BUT they are seeming to be more and more in the DT court.

Weird vibes for me still continue regarding the A's, they began from the moment any of them went on TV at the beginning of the case and I just can't shake them.

There doesn't have to be. I'm suggesting that some jurors may want to see the history of neglect in order to sentence her to death or lwop. Not everyone's going to need it.

I think the jurors have seen instances of neglect in several witness testimonies. Abuse which she is charged with is a different beast. However, the murder alone would prove that, if the jurors think she did it.

JMO

I agree, I don't think she'll get anything less than LWOP, but I am reserving judgement on the DP until I see the rest of the Pros evidence. She may very well get the DP too.

I actually think that the opposite is going to happen. Many people have said because she is young, female and cute (was, lol) that they will be inclined to show some mercy. I think it's going to backfire, I think people and hopefully the jury are outraged and will ask for the sternest penaly possible which will be death.

You are right, someone else COULD HAVE had access to the trunk but you have to look at the case as a whole with pieces. It doesn't fit. WHY? always ask yourself WHY? There is no reason, anybody else had to kill Caylee. They loved her, she was their pride and joy. There is no motive. The only one with motive was Casey. Add that to all the little pieces of the car, the heart sticker, the timing and so on and it becomes less and less "reasonable" that anybody else is connected to all those little pieces.

If you laid out all the evidence and and who it all connected to my only conclusion is Casey. She is the ONLY person with the motive, means and opportunity.

So agree and didn't mean to imply anyone had used the car. Just wanted to point out that DT will use the keys to point to GA. Got a drawer full of keys of all the family car keys (and house/apt. keys):crazy:

Thankyou!
I used to enjoy Joy Behar now and again, as long as she stuck to what she's good at- light comedic interviews with interesting characters I would continue to watch- but she has NO business following this story, not least because she knows very little about it- and by 10pm I have had enough of ICA and I turn to another channel..

LOL-I turn when when JVM comes on-her and NG are just to much for me!
Explosive this and Bombshell that!!!

Very useful information, YNot. The mock juror will allow it into evidence. ;)

I wanted to add that on today's current news thread at the top of the page, on page 2, there's a link to the WESH news - a brief video showing the unblurred morphing of the picture of Caylee with the superimposed duct tape skull. There's also a picture of her skeleton.

Look at Susan Smith, she was by all accounts a wonderful Mother, there was no prior abuse, she just got a new boyfriend who didn't want kids and her two boys were cramping her style, so she killed them. Sound familiar?

People who knew her are still shocked. She didn't even lie or cheat or steal or do any of the things Casey has done (before she killed them) yet she deliberately drove her car into a lake with her kids in their car seats. It happens, prior abuse is more common in child deaths but is definitely not the only way it happens.

After GA and CA's testimony it was my belief they saw the light. Believed it when JB performed his opening statement that this had to shock GA and CA. Come to find out they knew about it 6 weeks prior. Explains why they were not at jury selection and seemed to be laying low.

Foolishly I fell for their behavior thinking they could not possibly entertain the idea they were ok with JB's performance and ICA's throwing them under the bus and driving over them over and over and over.

As the trial goes on and these situations come to light (texting, hand signals, Lee's testimony) beginning to believe the A's are on the JB/ICA train.

The A's may be heart broken about Caylee BUT they are seeming to be more and more in the DT court.

Weird vibes for me still continue regarding the A's, they began from the moment any of them went on TV at the beginning of the case and I just can't shake them.

We have seen a huge amount of evidence, and for myself I am perfectly convinced by that evidence that ICA and no one else killed Caylee, for one reason only, because she was tired of being forced to look after her.. she wanted the good life as she saw it and Caylee was in her way.
We also act on our senses, and after living a few years, assessing people as to their trustworthiness as we all do, I can say one thing from observing GA over the last three years, there is NO way he was ever involved in any harm coming to Caylee.

Well I guess all I can say with that factoid that those set of keys are only useful IF you have access to the vehicle...That set of keys did come in handy when he had to go to the towyard to retrieve that car..and wowza..look at what he found????..

Just trying to use common sense...Do you believe for one minute he would have even paid that hefty bill to retrieve that car IF he knew about Caylee being in that trunk???...Yikes..doubt it..let it go to the junk yard and get crushed up...bye bye to evidence against either himself or his daughter??

Casey was always in possession of that car along with its smell and decomposing daughter up and until she left it with the keys locked inside to be towed or stolen..I really hope that the DT can somehow show that George did have access and oh yeah..he would have to have a close relationship with Mr. Kronk to aid him in getting into the trunk , steal Caylee's body, get all the household items to package her up, and place Caylee in that unusual hidding spot...DT best be able to prove of what they most definately asserted...not a wise thing to do for any defense...Scott's lawyer also made promises..couldnt back them up and look what happened?...Hummm

BTW..I can hear the "Fatlady Singing" in the distance too :floorlaugh:

BBM: No I don't believe for one minute that is what happened...but the DT on the other hand, well that's a different story.

P.S. - I think the "fat lady" got a brand new suit (a lovely shade of orange) for the occasion & a new pair of pumps!:D

Someone please send this to HHJP and to the media...I can see the headlines now "Is Casey Anthony giving everyone the finger?" Seriously, HHJP needs to see this and he also needs to put a stop to her public display of emotion...if everyone else has to follow the rules, so does she. I also think she needs to be forced to look at all of the pictures, this is the result of her actions and she needs to be forced to look at it.:banghead:

I agree. I think HHBP needs to see this, as well as the state and defense attorneys. It's impossible for those in the courtroom to see everything that's going on. They all need to know that KC's behavior is mocking the court process.

I wonder if any of the jurors have seen her hand gesture?

I agree completely ... well said!
Cindy in particular is still looking for some tiny speck of something in the testimony to help her daughter get a mistrial or get acquitted. Disgusting!
I do not see the look of horror on either George or Cindy's faces when more and more testimony and evidence comes out which points to the Inmate as the murderer of Caylee -- I do not see light bulbs coming on in their eyes or facial expressions.
I see them being sneaky yet cautious enough not to get booted from court.
I do not see the look of "how could you do this to Caylee?!" on their faces.
I think the only reason Cindy (and maybe Lee also) did not mouth "I love you" to the Inmate when she got on the witness stand, was because she was afraid the Judge might eject her from her spectator seat if she did.
I could understand and have compassion for the Inmate's parents and brother, in the PENALTY phase of the trial, to beg for her life ... but have NO sympathy at all for them trying to help her in the GUILT phase of the trial. Cindy is still actively trying to help the Inmate escape a conviction for murder.

See that's just the thing...we don't know very much about what Casey did before the end of 2007 beginning 2008. I'm not sure she did party. I know she probably shopped a lot because of her stealing...but I don't know if she went out lots. Her parents even attributed her behavior prior to Caylee's disappearance to her "new" friends. I'd really like a time line for the last 2 years of Caylee's life.

That's an excellent point. I've seen so many party pics of Casey (with different hair length/color/styles). Wonder how many fall within time Caylee was alive.

BBM: No I don't believe for one minute that is what happened...but the DT on the other hand, well that's a different story.

P.S. - I think the "fat lady" got a brand new suit (a lovely shade of orange) for the occasion & a new pair of pumps!:D

Sing lady sing!:twocents:

Yes, they had a boat Scott bought without telling anyone stored away until he needed it. Unfortunately, Scott went fishing, and was SEEN, fishing in the area were the bodies eventually washed up on shore. I believe there was also a hair caught on something in the boat, Scott had a girl friend, changed his appearance, and was headed toward Mexico with about $10,000 cash, plus camping equipment.

When someone testifies they saw ICA parked alongside the road where Caylee's body was found, in the right time frame, it would lend more weight. If Casey headed out of town, that would also lend more weight. From what I've seen so far, anyone could have killed Caylee and dumped her body like a piece of trash. I see no proof ICA did it, beyond a reasonable doubt. In fact, the longer this case goes on, the more I see how flimsy the evidence really is insofar as PROVING Casey was the one who killed her daughter.

Yeah, let me say it again, I think she did, but before I could convict her, I would need more evidence, circumstancial or otherwise, than what the prosecution has produced so far. They NEED to tie ICA more closely into this, make sure she is the only one who could have killed the baby. They haven't done it so far. You only need one juror like me to get her off and I do think she's guilty.

I completely agree with your post.

I also thought about how the jury will see this trial. I do believe the type of people on this jury may also think the same. As alot of points people make to her guilt have to be supported with things that have not been heard this far in court.

Our justice system has been the same for years. People have been taught beyond a reasonable doubt and taught that our rights are important to us all.
Additionaly we have been taught advances in science can tell us almost anything we want to know. Here we are seeing a case that SHOULD have been very easy to find factual scientific evidence, i.e DNA ,fluids from the body in the trunk ,etc. yet somehow all or most the evidence in this case is "new " and then circumstantial. I do believe they proved the body in the trunk.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Circumstantial+Evidence

The air can test. is interesting but it begs to offer if a smell can be transported and placed in a can , then that same smell can be deposited anywhere.
In a normal trial that WOULD be unreasonable,yet in this trial where the father of the accused was a homicide dectective and is accused by the defence in aiding in the cover up of an accidental death, if the defence presented it in a proper way ,it might not sound as unreasonable. The same pattern might also work for the Duct tape after death. The smell could have been on a blankey GA stuck in her truck and later removed. Remember the Amco lady said she saw a pooh bear blanket in the car before it was towed.

I have assumed since this DT (which is lacking and missing asking some very good questions) can make it this far in the trial and bring out the flaws in the SA case, It is my belief a better defence team would have gotten much farther with her defence.

I think in this case we will not be able to guess at what the jury believes until after the defence presents its witnesses.

I also think JB might be able to pull off that phase of the defence better then he has this part. I could just be putting more faith in him. I think he may surprize us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member