Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That does sound like they did get descriptions from the witness.

Both guns used on both girls is very significant. It could mean the first shooter didn't do the job and the second shooter finished it.

Welcome to WS, Desertsand! Please feel free to weigh in on the area as I am not as familiar with it.

Suzi~ Take into consideration the rest of that comment from Rosser. He doesn't believe it to be a drug haven, but they could walk a block or two away to find a new drug lab opened up. In other words, they are aware it happens...but not aware it was taking place in the particular area at that time.

I hesitate to post this, because I have no verification. But it was taken from a forum on the local news station. FWIW:

...read on another forum that two young men ages 18 & 19 may be persons of interest.
They live in the area and were mad at the girls because one of them told on them for useing drugs.

Something to think about anyway.

When asked about if the witness provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.

Ah, just as I thought. Thanks SuziQ

Now they are ratcheting up the pressure on the suspects. I do think this eye witness saw someone in the area and LE will keep that under wraps.

May have certain individuals under surveillance..... maybe hoping they will return to where they probably discarded their weapons. I am sure they have profilers working on this case.

imoo

I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?

Thanks for posting your perspective. When I read some of the involved, convoluted theories on gangs, etc., regarding this case, I keep remembering that K.I.S.S. principle - Keep It Simple. The most simple explanation of by whom and why the murders of these young girls were committed, is probably going to be the answer.

Suzi~ Take into consideration the rest of that sentence from Rosser. He doesn't believe it to be a drug haven, but they could walk a block or two away to find a new drug lab opened up. In other words, they are aware it happens...but not aware it was taking place in the particular area at that time.

ITA, Personally, I believe that this is very possible.

Welcome Desertsand!

I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involvement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?

I hope they catch these people and soon. I'm off to watch the press conference now.

Welcome!

The police said this area was not a drug infested area.

So I don't think it has anything to do with gangs or them walking up on illegal drug dealings.

imoo

It sounds to me that they are hoping some sort of psychology is at work, that someone with the shooters will turn on them. No description of these people, so it turns up the heat on the group to turn on each other.

It does sound like these people were just shooting at both girls, ensuring they were dead, maybe even unloading their weapons.

Even with the complacency of being used to hearing gunshots on Sunday afternoons, it is hard to imagine that someone didn't hear this many gunshots going off at the same time. Maybe silencers were used, but the local LE sure sounds like they have a good idea who it may be. They are following leads and just need one of the group to rat out the other for a sure fire conviction.

Thanks for posting your perspective. When I read some of the involved, convoluted theories on gangs, etc., regarding this case, I keep remembering that K.I.S.S. principle - Keep It Simple. The most simple explanation of by whom and why the murders of these young girls were committed, is probably going to be the answer.
Convoluted? :rolleyes: I live here and watch it happen on a daily basis. To me, it is the logical and most simple explanation.

I got the impression Agent Rosser knows more today..... maybe the new "witness" had info that confirmed a theory they're working. Rosser appeared to me more guarded in what he said and in a bigger hurry to get back inside than previous pressers.

I think something's happenning! Anybody else?

Hmmmm, looks like they are trying to recreate something with the truck and the girl holding...A marker/camera/measuring thing?

ETA: testing to see if it was a initially a drive by?

I'm still sticking the the theory that the girls knew the killers and threatened to rat on them for doing drugs, making advances on them, or some other crime. They were walking back home, maybe even shouted back to them. In a rage, the guys hopped in their vehicle and drove up to them and open fired. I hope they're sweating in the boots, pissing in their pants knowing the clock is ticking and they will be caught.

I'm still sticking the the theory that the girls knew the killers and threatened to rat on them for doing drugs, making advances on them, or some other crime. They were walking back home, maybe even shouted back to them. In a rage, the guys hopped in their vehicle and drove up to them and open fired. I hope they're sweating in the boots, pissing in their pants knowing the clock is ticking and they will be caught.

Yeah, I'd bank on them knowing the killer(s).

I hope they're sweating in the boots, pissing in their pants knowing the clock is ticking and they will be caught.

That's the irony. MOST murders are solved. The ones that aren't solved are usually the truly random killings. But in most cases, the victim knew the perpetrator. There is a history that can be traced, evidence, etc.

IF the girls knew the killers, I believe the case will be solved. It's the chance that it was done by outsiders, by chance, that scares me. It will be much, much harder to solve then.

Any other info from the PC?

I don't know what the OSBI agent was doing, but he was standing next to a mailbox at the end of a driveway at the end of the video holding the stick thing. Was this Taylor's home I wonder or does someone else live between there and where the girls were found?

I was wondering about who's home that was. Someone could have been lying in wait for the girls. Shot them from a distance then finished them off up close.

It looks like surveying equipment to me. Appears they are measuring, however their methods were a tad confusing. Generally you hold those targets on a marked spot on the ground and then use the instrument located at the starting pointing to take shots from the target.

Interesting.....

Salem

This was in response to SS and SusieQ's posts about the equipment.

fox news is reporting a witness has come forward and has said he saw the girls walking on the road before they were shot. witnesss was unable to come forward before this time, no reason given for the witness delay.

DesertSand greetings & welcome to ws. i look forward to hearing more from you.

Xcom i had seen & i think mentioned it here, something about 1 of the girl's having told on someone about drugs in "comments" with an news article. you never know what's reliable in there but it retaliation seems a possible motive in this tragic situation that can never really make sense.

when i heard 2 guns were used & having it now confirmed by rosser that each girl was shot with each caliber, my thoughts were that the shooters were more likely young & as a way to seal the co-responsibility & agreeing to not tell, they had perhaps delivered the coup de grace to the others victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627