Josh Powell Burial

My heart goes out to Terrica whose relationship with most of her children was destroyed by a madman, who helplessly watched as her son was disfigured by a monster, such that he eventually chose to become a monster himself and who saw her grandchildren slain as a result of the generations of evil she married into.

But who thought for one moment that the idea of burying the coward anywhere near Susan's boys would be a loving, considerate and respectful decision? I'm glad they have seen the light.
I'm guessing Alina???:waitasec:

I don't know how you want us to discuss the father without feeling anger and voicing such anger. The boy's grandparents--same thing. We're not talking someone who committed petty theft here.

I'm trying to look at it like this - Josh Powell, himself, was once just like his little boys. Had he not been raised by a madman, only God knows what kind of person he could have been.

I'm trying to look at it like this - Josh Powell, himself, was once just like his little boys. Had he not been raised by a madman, only God knows what kind of person he could have been.
Many people escape horrible situations and do not murder their wife, nor their children. Josh's sister managed to get out and become a better person. Josh made his own decisions to be a vile "human" being and a murderer.

Glad someone in that family has a lick of sense. Hopefully, this is the last we will hear from them until Susan is found and brought home to rest next to her boys.

Many people escape horrible situations and do not murder their wife, nor their children. Josh's sister managed to get out and become a better person. Josh made his own decisions to be a vile "human" being and a murderer.

Glad someone in that family has a lick of sense. Hopefully, this is the last we will hear from them until Susan is found and brought home to rest next to her boys.

BBM. Sadly, I have to agree with this. Josh chose to maintain a relationship with his father long after he became an adult and had the choice to sever ties.

At some point, we have to stop excusing behavior because of childhood events when people become adults.

I can only pray with time, the rest of the P family is able to see with some clarifity how destructive their family is/was and place the responsibility where it appropriately belongs. It does not diminish their good memories or the love they had.....

The bible tells us to 'love the sinner, but hate the sin'. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of such.

I knew someone would post this and I do agree. But, I think Josh was singled out by his father more than the other kids, groomed to be as sick as his dad. I don't think Josh ever stood a chance of even knowing what normal was. I'm not excusing him, believe me. But, we all know that abuse is the 'gift' that keeps on giving. God only knows what he put those two babies through during their short lifetime.

Does anyone remember one of the most horrific cases of child abuse that I've ever heard of (the victim wrote a book about it called "A Child Called It". He went through more torture and abuse then I've ever heard before. He is now grown and married with children and a good man.

I believe that no matter what you go through, you can CHOOSE whether you will live the same kind of lifestyle when you are older and continue to cry that you're a victim.

OR

You can CHOOSE to realize that what happened to you was wrong and that you will not repeat that violence or type of behavior that you were brought up with.

READ: Statement from Josh Powell's mother regarding Josh's burial

Terrica Powell, Josh Powell's mother, issued the following statement to FOX 13 News regarding the burial of her son.

We have tried so hard to be loving and considerate and respectful in making Josh’s burial arrangements. We love our little Charlie and Braden and want their resting place to be a place of peace and comfort. We have made the determination that Josh will not be buried at Woodbine Cemetery, but are in the process of making other arrangements. Thank you to all who have so lovingly supported us in this time of inexpressible anguish. Our hearts go out to all of you who – like us – are reeling with shock and grief.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/seenon...garding-joshs-burial-20120216,0,5226795.story

So sorry for his mother.

My heart goes out to Terrica whose relationship with most of her children was destroyed by a madman, who helplessly watched as her son was disfigured by a monster, such that he eventually chose to become a monster himself and who saw her grandchildren slain as a result of the generations of evil she married into.

But who thought for one moment that the idea of burying the coward anywhere near Susan's boys would be a loving, considerate and respectful decision? I'm glad they have seen the light.

You have to give people under stress the benefit of doubt when they make a controversial decision. It is possible that Terrica is convinced JP has nothing to do with the disappearance of Susan. And probably excused his insane crime as a result of harassment by LE that made him snap. Personally I think that JP left some kind of instructions about the handling of his remains. And she was just honoring his last wishes without any rational thinking.

You have to give people under stress the benefit of doubt when they make a controversial decision. It is possible that Terrica is convinced JP has nothing to do with the disappearance of Susan. And probably excused his insane crime as a result of harassment by LE that made him snap. Personally I think that JP left some kind of instructions about the handling of his remains. And she was just honoring his last wishes without any rational thinking.

Pardon me but I do not have to give someone who is under stress of whatever kind any benefit of the doubt. In my opinion - what is right, is always going to be right. What is wrong, is always going to be wrong.

I'm not going to go into my own personal heartbreaking or emotional sob stories but, no matter what devastating or horrific things happen to you in your life - if you have a pure heart - you will always do the right thing.

Problem with that, the "right" thing is pretty subjective.

Problem with that, the "right" thing is a pretty subjective.

I would suppose that you mean that in your opinion doing what is the right thing to do is subjective.

I have never had that opinion. To me, what is right and what is wrong is almost always crystal clear.

Pardon me but I do not have to give someone who is under stress of whatever kind any benefit of the doubt. In my opinion - what is right, is always going to be right. What is wrong, is always going to be wrong.

I'm not going to go into my own personal heartbreaking or emotional sob stories but, no matter what devastating or horrific things happen to you in your life - if you have a pure heart - you will always do the right thing.

BBM. Right or wrong is always in the eyes of the (individual) beholder.
If it was that simple and concrete, there would be no wars, fights etc.
That said, I do hope that they will find Susan soon. So the Coxes can really have closure and peace. Glad this troubling episode has come to a common sense closure.

That said, I do hope that they will find Susan soon. So the Coxes can really have closure and peace. Glad this troubling episode has come to a common sense closure.

Agree. If you only live in the black and white, your missing a whole lot shades of grey that you've never seen before.

That's the point I don't think it was a loving, considerate and respectful decision. I doubt that Terrica was the one who sought to bury Josh next to Susan's sons. I'm sure that Jennifer Graves (Josh's seemingly only sane sibling) would have advised her that it would have been a incredibly cruel thing to do. And Terrica is actually living with Jennifer.

No this choice sounds like something the other Powells would do. This sounds much like the Powell's who blamed everyone who could walk, with the exception of the one person who made his own choices, Josh himself.

To me this sounded very much like a one last big eff you to the Coxes.

Which pretty much goes in line with the Powell MO with the exception of Josh's mother and one sister (Jennifer).

I'm just glad that the Powell family decided to do something right, for once.

Thank you was not enough.

I agree with you. And even SP was once a little boy and who knows what happened to him? I don't condone their actions but I do try to feel compassion for them as human beings.

I had the advantage of a loving family and yet I've hurt people at times when I lost my way. I've never killed anyone and I hope I have never caused such pain that they could not consider forgiving me. I hope that those I've hurt have found it within themselves to forgive me, as I forgive those who have hurt me.

I sure don't know what I would be like today if I had been raised the way JP apparently was (judging from his parent's divorce filings).

Who am I to do less for someone else than what I hope to receive for myself?

"His sister and their mother, Terrica Powell, went to the cemetery. It was Josh's sister Alina who had actually picked out the plot that still has wood over the top of it," Troyer said.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Pierce County Sheriff: Confirms Powell family was buying plot, digging hole - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ly-was-buying-plot-digging-hole#ixzz1matqorup

Thank goodness for Terrica Powell being a voice of reason. Bless her.

wm

What does it matter where the bodies are buried? The souls are no longer within the bodies and in Eternity are in 2 entirely separate places anyways..

I understand what you are saying, but it would matter to me if I were a family member. I wouldn't want the grave of the killer just steps away from my grandbabies. Just imagine the emotions it would stir in the Cox family.

To some people, it does matter where bodies are laid to rest. Not to some mind you - (a few come to mind here - the Powells, the Anthonys - oh I digress) but to others it does matter. It gives a family a place to go, to pray, to lay flowers, etc. I can totally understand why the Cox family was upset about this and am so thankful that Crimestoppers acted so quickly and bought the plots.

Does anyone remember one of the most horrific cases of child abuse that I've ever heard of (the victim wrote a book about it called "A Child Called It". He went through more torture and abuse then I've ever heard before. He is now grown and married with children and a good man.

I believe that no matter what you go through, you can CHOOSE whether you will live the same kind of lifestyle when you are older and continue to cry that you're a victim.

OR

You can CHOOSE to realize that what happened to you was wrong and that you will not repeat that violence or type of behavior that you were brought up with.

Thank you so much for this post!

Maybe Josh was abused as a child, but he knew right from wrong as an adult. He had choices! And he chose to murder his children!

The only part you bolded in my post was the fact that I said "In my opinion". Then you went on to spout your OPINION as fact. WTH?

I will never agree with you that right or wrong is in the eye of the beholder. I can't even wrap my mind around that type of thinking. So, JP blew his kids up and it was the right thing to do in his mind so you're ok with that since it was his interpretation of what is right. :what:

I'm not buying it and I will never understand how you came to your life decision that right and wrong is speculative.

Wars and fights have NOTHING to do with right and wrong. They have to do with greed, dishonesty, nuclear weapons, broken treaties or one government (usually the US) trying to force another one to think and do as they do.

When I talk about right and wrong - especially in these WS forums, I'm not talking about wars and unrest in other countries. I am talking about these individuals who murder and rape and lie and steal and kidnap and torture other people - the basic right and wrong of MORAL VALUES and HUMAN COMPASSION.

One of the most obvious morally wrong things to do would be to bury JP anywhere near his precious children that he hatcheted about their necks and heads to unconsciousness and then he blew them up to smithereens!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back