Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR IMO was wise beyond her years (at no fault of her own), because she was used by MJ for his sexual depravity, but here's what gets me. Mom was allowing AR to go out on car dates with boys who were old enough to drive? Did she think they were going out to talk about Barbie's or Hannah Montana? What does a 14 YO have in common with what - 16, 17 YO boys? *nothing* Maybe AR had a reputation and was known to "put out". Sorry to sound so crass. There has been mention in the past of SB having issue with AR. Maybe that's why the cousins didn't like AR or there was issue - they didn't want to be associated with her because of her rep? JMO and a theory - don't be hatin' on me. She definitely could have been vying for MJ's attention, as well.

There is just something so dreadfully wrong with the entire family dynamics.
SB? She doesn't have the same last name as BB, does she? Anyway, I know who you mean. I think "something sexual" happened that was disturbing; and that is why SB stopped talking to AR. Maybe, AR hit on or slept with SB's boyfriend. In any case, I think that AR was really playing the sweet manipulation card to the young, naive Brooke. That's why she posted what she did on SB's myspace. So, so sad. I wonder if AR is feeling any remorse. I ask this because she only told the truth (don't know if she has told the entire truth) when she was confronted with evidence where she had no other choice.

I think Denise was just bent on keeping up appearances. She knew exactly what was going on but just didn't want to stir up trouble. Plus it seems like AR was so aligned with MJ that the 2 of them could run all over Denise.

The police can question a minor child as long as they are trying to get evidence on someone else other than said minor. The police questioned my son at school about an incident without our knowledge and this is what we were told.
Yes...it's a fine line...especially if something the child says may incriminate him/herself. If the child is the one that's in trouble, they are NOT allowed to question the child without a parent being there...not to say it isn't done...but a lawyer would have a field day with that.

Forget probation he should never have done just FOUR YEARS for aggravated rape and kidnapping, especially when there was a prior allegation of a sex crime which can be considered for sentencing, at least most places. This boggles my mind, people go to jail for longer on drug charges.

It always amazes me that someone can commit such a violent crime and serve so little time. My brother got caught with some pills...his sentence is 15 years.

It always amazes me that someone can commit such a violent crime and serve so little time. My brother got caught with some pills...his sentence is 15 years.

Are you kidding me? Did he have priors? He needs a better lawyer that is ridiculous.

It's easier for men than it used to be. I know several men that have custody. The laws in Alabama are that you can't move to another state without the other parents permission. It may be the same in other states, not sure. But I know that's the law in Alabama.
In most states, it would only take the other parent a trip to court to prevent it from happening. In married cases, the spouse that wants to leave the state must have good reason (job, marriage, etc.). But, then arrangements can be made for the parent to receive visitation back in his/her home state...and the parent that moves may be asked to cover those expenses. I've even heard of parents sharing custody at opposite ends of the country. If CG wanted to leave...and BB's dad didn't want her to, he could have gone to court.

Forget probation he should never have done just FOUR YEARS for aggravated rape and kidnapping, especially when there was a prior allegation of a sex crime which can be considered for sentencing, at least most places. This boggles my mind, people go to jail for longer on drug charges.

You're so right about all that. It would've been a parole board who granted him early release from prison wouldn't it? I don't buy into giving prisoners accolades for completing programs while in prison because anybody can be good in prison. What else do they have to occupy their time? Leslie Van Houten comes to mind. She's always patting herself on the back for all her mail-order degrees. Anybody can act nice locked in a cage & told how to hold their mouths every waking moment. What they did with their liberty when they were able to exercise it is what's telling.

For them to let Jacques out so early they had to have found some bogus reason to reward him. Doing 3 or 4 years on a 20 year sentence is an outrage. An insult to society with him given free reign to gloat.

AR IMO was wise beyond her years (at no fault of her own), because she was used by MJ for his sexual depravity, but here's what gets me. Mom was allowing AR to go out on car dates with boys who were old enough to drive? Did she think they were going out to talk about Barbie's or Hannah Montana? What does a 14 YO have in common with what - 16, 17 YO boys? *nothing* Maybe AR had a reputation and was known to "put out". Sorry to sound so crass. There has been mention in the past of SB having issue with AR. Maybe that's why the cousins didn't like AR or there was issue - they didn't want to be associated with her because of her rep? JMO and a theory - don't be hatin' on me. She definitely could have been vying for MJ's attention, as well.

The sad thing is I know lots of 14 year olds that are allowed to car date. When my son was 16 he dated a girl,16 that didn't even have a curfew. I made him stop dating her because he would never make curfew. (He was embarassed he had one and she didn't). His curfew was 10:30.

They play society like a bunch of fools. They do not take these crimes against children nearly serious enough.

Are you kidding me? Did he have priors? He needs a better lawyer that is ridiculous.

yes, he did have priors. He stole my other two brothers credit cards. He served a year for that. He's a drug addict.

Thank you..this is what I have been trying to say..this whole scene is so convoluted..can you even imagine how convoluted AR feels. She hasn't been a "normal" little girl for at least 6 maybe more years. Just because the note under the pillow came at 9 yrs old..makes me believe that she was already being sexually used well before that..a 9 year old would not have understood that note if they hadn't already had some very bad things happen to them. I think the whole idea of Breckenridge was a way to keep her quiet and subdued..feeling special, "the President picked you for this program". I think it also was the age old ploy if you don't perform well..you will be killed..referenced in the affidavits about the second one gets their throat cut. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed that ruse if she was so compliant to begin with.

I feel very sorry for AR..she was a child from the beginning to the end. She wasn't world savy..she lived in a small town. She had no choice but to do what she was told..her mother, no egg donor/ incubator, was a piece of work.

It looks like Burlington Free Press pulled those comments people were leaving. It was there before but now it's gone. Hmmmm....

Also, I saw somewhere that Kevin Grosenheider lived in Anniston, Alabama which is a couple of hours away from Cullman. Does anyone know exactly when RG moved?

You're so right about all that. It would've been a parole board who granted him early release from prison wouldn't it? I don't buy into giving prisoners accolades for completing programs while in prison because anybody can be good in prison. What else do they have to occupy their time? Leslie Van Houten comes to mind. She's always patting herself on the back for all her mail-order degrees. Anybody can act nice locked in a cage & told how to hold their mouths every waking moment. What they did with their liberty when they were able to exercise it is what's telling.

For them to let Jacques out so early they had to have found some bogus reason to reward him. Doing 3 or 4 years on a 20 year sentence is an outrage. An insult to society with him given free reign to gloat.

BINGO! I am going through this right now with a cousin that is incarcerated for passing bad checks - second offense and he got 3 years. He suddenly loves Jesus and wants his freedom so badly, but these are things that he should have thought about when he had his freedom. He's going to say and do whatever is necessary for him to maintain a sense of self-preservation. As for MJ and doing his pittance of a sentence - it chaps my bum! When will the system learn - pedos cannot be cured. EVER.

The police can question a minor child as long as they are trying to get evidence on someone else other than said minor. The police questioned my son at school about an incident without our knowledge and this is what we were told.

That's an interesting tidbit. I didn't know that. I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that or happy about it. If it's the law though I don't guess there's a lot a parent could do about it after the fact. Seems as if law enforcement questions children at all a parent/guardian should be present.

That's an interesting tidbit. I didn't know that. I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that or happy about it. If it's the law though I don't guess there's a lot a parent could do about it after the fact. Seems as if law enforcement questions children at all a parent/guardian should be present.
Do we know for a fact that Denise was NOT there?

Evry state is different. It also matters whether they question a minor on school grounds. Denise c was probably at the police station when they questioned AR but she didn't have to be in the room.

BINGO! I am going through this right now with a cousin that is incarcerated for passing bad checks - second offense and he got 3 years. He suddenly loves Jesus and wants his freedom so badly, but these are things that he should have thought about when he had his freedom. He's going to say and do whatever is necessary for him to maintain a sense of self-preservation. As for MJ and doing his pittance of a sentence - it chaps my bum! When will the system learn - pedos cannot be cured. EVER.

Yes I agree. A judge once told me they often will give even weekend sentences or a few days for the purpose of making an impression included with whatever fine. A sentence is for a purpose of forcing them to ponder their mistake in hopes it'll stick in their noodle so they won't be tempted to do it again or forget. I even know of a retarded citizen who was remanded by a court to serve some time in some sort of monitored program away from where he lived.

For your cousin hopefully time with God will benefit him. Letting someone like Jacques out so early only encourages them to do more of the same in my opinion. That's a disgustingly short sentence for that horrible crime he did. It's lucky that poor young woman lived thru his torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie