OH - Condemned killer Billy Slagle found hanged in cell

Nore

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
condemned-ohio-killer-billy-slagle-found-hanged-in-cell-sunday-morning .

Billy Slagle was due to die on Wednesday.. He saved the State an injection, now
someone else can get it.

Mods~ I didnt know where to put this. Please move to proper spot. Thanks, :seeya:

WEWSNEWSNET5.com

Good. In a way he is a coward because he could face execution.

I was just thinking he wanted control till the end. He waited up until the final days then committed suicide rather than wait for the state to execute him.

Arrived in Hell 3 days early then.

I hear there's a shortage on the DP drugs!

He finally contributed to society!

The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction has agreed to pay $12,500 to settle a lawsuit brought by the family of convicted murderer Billy Slagle, who killed himself three days before his scheduled execution in 2013.

The family filed suit in federal court in Cleveland in July 2014, a year after Slagle, 44, hanged himself with a belt in his cell at the Chillicothe Correctional Institution.

The lawsuit says that two corrections officers on duty did not check on Slagle the morning he committed suicide.

The settlement, reached Thursday, releases all claims made against the state prison system and the personnel accused of negligence. All parties signed it in April, and the lawsuit was dismissed Thursday.
http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2016/06/ohio_state_prisons_settles_wit.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back