2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Respectfully) When my tax dollars have to pay for many additional law enforcement workers, welfare payments, psychiatric inpatient and outpatient care, social workers, special education, prisons, and etc... for children/adults that might have been mentally, physically or emotionally injured by "unhealthy blending"/unhealthy families, I have every right to judge. I am taxed to pay for some of the damage.

And you don't think that biological parents escalate the pay for many additional law enforcement workers, welfare payments, etc...etc.... or have biological children who are mentally, physically and emotionally abused, njured and murdered by "unhealthily biological parents?"

Do you realize that if a child is maltreated it is most often done by a biological parent or both? Why have such a negative attitude against blended families only and seemingly none for the bio parents that do such horrible things to children and it can happen with both bio parents in the home.

All you have to do is read on this site to know the majority of children being abused/neglected/tortured/sexually exploited and even murdered are done by one of their own biological parents. If you want to talk about money spent then think about every time this happens in every state where a tremendous amount of money is spent in order to bring them to trial. I am very much a taxpayer too and anything to help children is worth every dime I pay and to bring justice to the ones who harm them.

I am not sure I understand your stance on blended families. Some of the best parents I have ever known are blended families. And some of the worst parents I have known were biological parents still living under one roof.

imo

While reading thru the 6pages of posts in the bio mom letter thread I, one of the links that I followed from a post there led me to the info I am now about to discuss. It concerns TMH, the blending of the family and some of the unbelievable info I stumbled upon today of just how that blended family came to be... If I understood correctly TMH and DY were close friends "originally"(before even Kyron was born).And once DY started having the severe health problems(i.e. on the verge of full renal failure)and somehow ended up in Canada to receive medical treatment for the kidney failure. If I understood correctly(&I believe I did)until this time DY was with whom Kyron primarily resided(as DY&KH had fairly recently separated&eventually divorced).But it was while DY was under medical treatment in Canada and because of the need for help in caring for Kyron that TMH started caring for Kyron(this was her initial reason for being in Kaine's life, by being a close friend of DY she was helping to take care of Kyron, while his mommy was ill and could not. This then led to TMH and her son(from a previous marriage)moving into the Horman residence to "care full time for Kyron"(IMO I have my doubts that this was TMH's primary motive,IMO she had her sights set on dad)But nonetheless it was at that point that her and her son moved into the Horman residence PERMANENTLY. Which as we know eventually led to a "romantic"(whatever u wanna call it?)relationship which then led to marriage and finally resulted in a daughter that is now 18mos.old.(And of course the glaringly obvious tragic event of the loss of Kyron at this present time).. What I'd like to know further about is what exactly took place(as in, fill in the huge blank spaces in between these last events mentioned) there is ALOT that transpired and took place over the course of these few years. When, why, and how did TMH and DY very close friendship end? (is it because of the obvious?TMH as DY's very close friend, whose purpose was to help care for her friends child while she was extremely ill, but instead TMH seemingly just took over DY's entire role as wife and mommy[IMO])I'd like to know just how it all transpired. I do not believe it to be all very sweet and rosy as TMH would want you to believe. Rather I think there were some very deep feelings of betrayal and hurt and possibly even anger(I know I'd be mad as HE!!). Finding this out about just what type of circumstances the dynamics of this blended family was formed are very telling to me.IMO it shows that part of TMH that she tries so very hard to pretend is NOT there and just further points to the lengths that TMH will go to get what she wants and to have things the way she wants them. I also feel like the timing of the 16yr old son(thats no longer residing with them)I believe this is no coincidence either. I will not go any further with my thoughts of why, when and how, rather I'll take them over to the theory thread and further elaborate on the disappearance of Kyron. (Lastly, I'll just say that (IMO, of course) TMH has been plotting/planning for quite some time for her perfect little family of "THREE" to live happily ever after)... MOO. This is IMVHO ONLY.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._family_f.html

I would like to know why DY never had Kyron come back and live with her. Did she want him to? Did he want to? Is her kidney problem resolved, did she have a transplant or whats going on with that? Is she still not well enough to care for a 7 yr old?
I am nosey, and think some of the stuff thats NOMB (none of my business) are the same questions LE has put to them, and would paint a better picture in order to be able to put the pieces together. JMO

Probably because that is not how child custody works. In this case it doesn't sound like they ever had a court-ordered custody arrangement to begin with. Biomom had Kyron for the majority of custody for 2 years (with visits to biodad) while she lived in the same town as biodad until she became ill. She then moved OUT of town and biodad took over majority custody. Since they did not have a court order, in order to 'get Kyron back', biomom would have to file in court for custody. Since the child was already established elsewhere, had no complaints of abuse etc., there's no way the court would rule to give her sole custody, especially out of state. The best that she could hope for would be 50/50 legal and physical. Her options would be to move near the biodad if she wanted to pursue that. Otherwise, she would have to do what all other 50/50 parents who live in other states do... see the children as much as their finances and work schedules allow, while leaving the child in the environment and school they were already attending. Which appears to be exactly what this family has done without even having to go to court for it.

In my book, they have been smart to be able to work out a parenting plan that did not involve expensive attys.

I don't know why so many people think all biomom had to do was pop in and say- hey, I'd like full custody now. It just doesn't work that way.

I was under the impression that Kyron had one older step-brother, the son of TH. This article mentions a 15 year old brother, in addition to the 16 year old step-brother. Have we heard this before?

Kyron has a 15-year-old brother, a 16-year-old stepbrother and a little sister -- all of which have stayed out of the media spotlight.
http://www.kptv.com/news/23998374/detail.html

I was under the impression that Kyron had one older step-brother, the son of TH. This article mentions a 15 year old brother, in addition to the 16 year old step-brother. Have we heard this before?

Kyron has a 15-year-old brother, a 16-year-old stepbrother and a little sister -- all of which have stayed out of the media spotlight.

I have not seen this other brother mentioned at all, to a degree that I wonder if it is a mistake. Not to sleuth this teen but just to know how many people are in the family and where they live.

For example if you think as I do that Kaine was at work and that the baby was with a sitter (or grandmother) and TH's 16yo was moved out then TH has all morning and early afternoon to do anything with no one to observe her (put on a wig, clean mud off of her clothes or hypothetically something like that). If there is another teen there then that is different. That's all I mean.

Unless biodad and biomom had another kid 15 years ago, then all of the info on the kptv article is wrong.

Kyron does not have a little sister, he has a little half-sister. From his biodad and his SM.

One of the brothers most likely is the child of SM, which would make him Kyron's older step-brother. He is supposedly 16.

If there is another older 15 year old brother, he can't also be from SM, so that leaves these options (if true)-
Child of biomom from before Kyron.
Child of biodad from before Kyron.
That would make the boy Kyron's half-brother.
Or-
Child of stepfather before Kyron.
That would make the boy Kyron's step-brother.

SM's first husband could have had a child a year before or after her son, but I'm not sure that would qualify as any kind of brother at all.

I can't see any other options. Not sure what that would have to do with Kyron's disappearance, but it is interesting to try piecing this family together- kind oflike a logic problem except you aren't given any clues.

Unless biodad and biomom had another kid 15 years ago, then all of the info on the kptv article is wrong.

Kyron does not have a little sister, he has a little half-sister. From his biodad and his SM.

One of the brothers most likely is the child of SM, which would make him Kyron's older step-brother. He is supposedly 16.

If there is another older 15 year old brother, he can't also be from SM, so that leaves these options (if true)-
Or-

SM's first husband could have had a child a year before or after her son, but I'm not sure that would qualify as any kind of brother at all.

I can't see any other options. Not sure what that would have to do with Kyron's disappearance, but it is interesting to try piecing this family together- kind oflike a logic problem except you aren't given any clues.
I can tell you she is listing people who miss him in her letter and one of them is not TH's son:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/letter-kyron-hormans-mom-desiree-young-son/story?id=10980291
and one just might be the family dog!
(it's okay to link this letter per mods)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878"]Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
as long as we don't go O/T discussing it...

Or-

Desiree has an older son who is about 15, and is the half brother of Kyron.

I was under the impression that neither one of the names listed was for the SMs son. Which makes sense, because why would the biomom list them? I'd read that one of the names was the biomom's sister's child (his cousin, and probably the one named Mayson) and either the dog or the cat. I think it was the doq, but I could be mistaken.

I can tell you she is listing people who miss him in her letter and one of them is not TH's son:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/letter-kyron-hormans-mom-desiree-young-son/story?id=10980291
and one just might be the family dog!
(it's okay to link this letter per mods)
Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
as long as we don't go O/T discussing it...

I was under the impression that neither one of the names listed was for the SMs son. Which makes sense, because why would the biomom list them? I'd read that one of the names was the biomom's sister's child (his cousin, and probably the one named Mayson) and either the dog or the cat. I think it was the doq, but I could be mistaken.

Desiree has another son besides Kyron. The boy is older than Kyron.

Ernie is the name of Tony's dog. They don't have any cats or other dogs.

Well that solves that. Any links? Interesting that both SM and biomom had children earlier of about the same age. Might be one of the reasons they were friends?

Desiree has an older son who is about 15, and is the half brother of Kyron.

I have not seen this other brother mentioned at all, to a degree that I wonder if it is a mistake. Not to sleuth this teen but just to know how many people are in the family and where they live.

For example if you think as I do that Kaine was at work and that the baby was with a sitter (or grandmother) and TH's 16yo was moved out then TH has all morning and early afternoon to do anything with no one to observe her (put on a wig, clean mud off of her clothes or hypothetically something like that). If there is another teen there then that is different. That's all I mean.

I believe the 15 year old is the older son of Desiree.

What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.

In the nearly three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared, law enforcement officials, reporters and thousands of online commenters have focused their attention on the 7-year-old boy’s fractured family.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/?SOURCE=RSS

This an interesting read. Dang, just dang.

What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.

In the nearly three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared, law enforcement officials, reporters and thousands of online commenters have focused their attention on the 7-year-old boy’s fractured family.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/?SOURCE=RSS

This an interesting read. Dang, just dang.

Wow, a month after Desiree filed for divorce, she filed a restraining order against Kaine because she feared he would remove the children from their residence. (according to the wweek.com article)

Wow, a month after Desiree filed for divorce, she filed a restraining order against Kaine because she feared he would remove the children from their residence. (according to the wweek.com article)

and then 2 years later is happy to let her dear friend move in with him and one of the kids...I didnt know DY had an older. who took care of him while she was in Canada with health issues?

I know. That is what really shocked me. It doesn't sound like everything was as "Brady Bunch" as some were trying to make it sound.

This info really puts a new light on the family dynamics.

Interesting. I'm surprised that I'm even thinking this, but....

I remember reading everyone's opinions about the press conference- how the 2 men hugged, how the women held hands/comforted each other, and how believable/unbelievable all that was. Unless I'm mistaken, thinking back, I recall: The 2 men hugging, SM Patting/comforting both men, SM holding hands/comforting biomom, biomom comforting/being comforted by SD.

The only thing missing in that picture was biomom having anything to do with biodad. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Just an FYI.....

This thread is specifically about THIS blended family.....not blended families in general. That thread is in the Jury Room....

Could someone point me to the jury room with a link please? Thanks!

The jury room is the first thread listed in the "Private Forum" section, which is near the bottom of the main Websleuths Forums page. You have to have made at least 50 posts to post or readf there, so you should be able to read it.

The only thing missing from this article is the reason why TH's older son went to live with the grandparents. I was shocked about the restraining order against KH, BTW. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam