Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyer Says Alleged Sandusky Victim Will Testify to Severe Sexual Assault

Andreozzi said his client, now in his 20s, met Sandusky through Sandusky’s charity, the Second Mile. He said he had been around Sandusky for several years and was assaulted multiple times. Andreozzi has also advised other alleged victims in the case and said he was meeting with another potential victim this week.

Andreozzi said he talked with his client after he had listened to Sandusky’s televised telephone interview. “He was absolutely more ready to follow through with this afterward,” Andreozzi said. “He wants him to know he fully intends to testify he was severely sexually assaulted by Mr. Sandusky.”
bbm

I didn't phrase my post correctly because I was tired, I guess.

Dr. Drew was the one who kept saying Sandusky shouldn't be talking on TV and his lawyer should make him shut up.

He also worried that Sandusky might kill himself because now he has made himself look even more guilty as he waffled and almost couldn't deny his sexual attraction to boys in the Costas interview.

The psychiatrist on the show said she thought Sandusky was too much of a Narcissist to kill himself, which is also why he keeps talking in an effort to control the situation.

But I think both Dr. Drew and the psychiatrist agreed that Sandusky was talking because he really doesn't know what is normal or acceptable, and thinks he can talk his way out of this.

BBM

Good comments, ThoughtFox, and a perfect explanation of what you meant to say.

I was a psych nurse for 28 yrs (recently took an early retirement incentive pkge :) ).

Whenever we discussed narcissists & sociopaths, it was always mentioned how much they just aren't aware of what's "normal or acceptable behavior"...
especially exaggerated nice, happy-go-lucky, fun loving personalities they have... which, BTW, is why they are so charismatic and likable.

And why it is so easy to get caught up in the webs they spin. They really think everyone believes their outlandish tales & their lies.
And above all, as you mentioned, they really think that ethical & legal rules do not pertain to them! Thus, why they think they did nothing wrong!

And, of course, they are very hard to treat and rarely ever change. In fact, the only reason they are usually seen is they are court or family ordered to see a therapist.
But, they almost always get into a debate/argument with their therapist over "there's nothing wrong with me" or "I didn't do anything wrong" or their S/O's complaint,
that "he's driving me crazy" (passive/aggressiveness - AKA gaslighting). They rarely return to see the therapist after the initial visit.

:banghead:

Penn State "looking into" McQueary's assertion that he spoke to police in 2002
Centre Daily Times
Penn State spokeswoman Jill Shockey said university officials hadn't heard about the claims made by Mike McQueary in an e-mail obtained by The Associated Press Tuesday.

"We were not aware of any of these previous statements, and we are looking into them," Shockey said Wednesday morning.
Mike McQueary's statement to police doesn't say he stopped attack, notified police about Sandusky allegations
The Patriot-News
Penn State assistant football coach Mike McQueary never mentioned that he talked to police in 2002 after witnessing an alleged sexual assault by Jerry Sandusky of a young boy, according to a hand-written statement McQueary gave to police during the recent grand jury investigation.

The Patriot-News has viewed a copy of the statement and verified it through a source close to the investigation.

He does not mention stopping the assault, and does not mention talking to any police officers in the following days, the statement says.
bbm

BBM
Whenever we discussed narcissists & sociopaths, it was always mentioned how much they just aren't aware of what's "normal or acceptable behavior"...
especially exaggerated nice, happy-go-lucky, fun loving personalities they have... which, BTW, is why they are so charismatic and likable.

And why it is so easy to get caught up in the webs they spin. They really think everyone believes their outlandish tales & their lies.
And above all, as you mentioned, they really think that ethical & legal rules do not pertain to them! Thus, why they think they did nothing wrong!

I'm well acquainted because my father-in-law is a classic narcissist. OMG. For example, he is so clueless that he shot a hawk on his property and was so proud of his hunting skill that he called a taxidermist, who informed him that it was against the law to kill a raptor and that he ought to turn him into the federal wildlife officials (but he didn't). Another time he thought it was okay to light a big fire on his farm even though we were in the middle of a huge drought, and it surprised him when the fire marshall showed up. All that matters is what he wants to do at that moment. He leased his property but never made much money, however he led everyone to believe he was a millionaire three times over.

All of this may sound funny in a way, but I know the pain a Narcissist can cause because my husband and his mother and siblings suffered from this man. And he's almost a totally indifferent grandfather even while bragging about how he's going to help all his grandchildren. He can be light-hearted and sociable around strangers, but at home he is domineering, illogical, devious, cruel, and completely self-centered. My FIL can can only discuss things in light of how they affect him, him, him.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sand...-mother-victim/story?id=14961765#.TsQLGFZH-8A

The mother said she's angry to see Sandusky a free man while she and her son, who is now a teenager, feel they must hide to protect their anonymity.

"It's very difficult for me and for my son. We spend most of our lives since this has started hiding, trying to avoid getting chased down by press, his identity being revealed, dealing with the bullies at school," she said.

"He has to leave school pretty consistently to take medication because he can't he just can't stay there and listen to it," she said.

"It makes me really mad that my son can't go out and have a normal life. He can't go out and hang out at the mall, because he might run into Jerry. [Sandusky] gets to go to the mall and shop and do whatever he wants to do. That aggravates me. He should be in jail," she said.

Victim 1 is expected to be a star witness against the former coach.

"He's scared, but he's anxious. He's ready, he wants to do it....He wants to put it to rest. He wants him to go to jail and he wants him to pay for what he's done. And he doesn't want him on the streets where he can hurt somebody else," the boy's mother said.

This breaks my heart. I wish there was some way to let that child know how incredibly strong and brave that he is. I look up to this little man and wish there were some way that I could help him get through this.

Penn State interim football coach Tom Bradley was among those who testified in Sandusky case (pennlive.com)
Tom Bradley, the interim Penn State head football coach following the firing of Joe Paterno, testified before the grand jury in the case against Jerry Sandusky.

A summary of Bradley’s testimony is not outlined in the 23-page grand jury presentment, but a source close to the investigation confirmed Bradley did appear and testified in over the summer.
---
Tuesday, in response to a The Patriot-News question, Bradley said that he did share a residence with assistant coach Mike McQueary around 2006 or 2007.
---
more at link above

Report: Jerry Sandusky's charity official raised money for district judge who set his bail (pennlive.com)

State College district judge Leslie Dutchcot, who set Jerry Sandusky's bail lower than what prosecutors asked for, benefited from a fundraiser organized by an official with The Second Mile, a children's charity started by Sandusky, according to My Fox Philly.
---
(...) Rep. Mike Vereb, R-Montgomery County, who is asking for an investigation into Dutchcot's connection to the charity, said that documents show Robert Poole, the chairman of The Second Mile, held a fundraiser for Duchtot in 2007 as she was running for office. The fundraiser netted $1,463 and was held at Poole's house in State College, Pa., according to the My Fox Philly report.
---
more at link above

according to The Daily Collegian's Twitter account -

BREAKING: A new judge -- Robert E. Scott, of Westmoreland County -- has been assigned to the #Sandusky case. #PSUCharges

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
#BREAKING New judge assigned for #Sandusky prelim hrg on 12/7 after concerns about judge who freed #Sandusky on bail.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Excellent news! I think this cabal is going to have to learn a little about life without their cronies! TG!

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/11/16/judge_changed_in_sandusky_case.aspx

From Daily Collegian Website:

"Judge Robert Scott, of Westmoreland County, is now assigned to the case. Scott has no connection to Penn State or The Second Mile charity, according to the release.
The change in the judge presiding over the case came from a request from the Centre County Court of Common Pleas.
The preliminary hearing will be held in Courtroom 1, of the Centre County Courthouse in Bellefonte, on Dec. 7 or a date to be determined by Scott."

We can only hope that this is a start in the right direction.

according to The Daily Collegian's Twitter account -

BREAKING: A new judge -- Robert E. Scott, of Westmoreland County -- has been assigned to the #Sandusky case. #PSUCharges

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
#BREAKING New judge assigned for #Sandusky prelim hrg on 12/7 after concerns about judge who freed #Sandusky on bail.
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Thank you!

Something tells me the "Honorable" Judge Dutchcot will not be holding any re-election fundraisers in the future.

I will from now on think that he had some involvement in this. Perhaps he was blackmailed and had to disappear, or maybe someone silenced him, It is a very strange coincidence.

Quote:
The hate mail sent to black students had nothing to do with Sandusky’s proclivities, but the two incidences shared something in common: both were ultimately covered up by the university.

Penn State and Joe Paterno were not willing to allow bad publicity to ruin the university’s image

Concerned black students met with Paterno back in 2001.....Wolf recalls Paterno as almost emotionless

Ultimately, a black man’s dead body was found by police near Penn State as one of the death threats said it would. And some black students had to attend their graduation the following May with bulletproof vests on in fear of their life.

http://newsone.com/nation/theloop21/...lack-students/

The Pennsylvania State Police were involved in investigating this and they found that Penn State had nothing to do with this bs! This is SPIN. The President of a female black group on the main college campus stated someone was sending her hate messages. Later in a city far, far awy from her, a black man (later stated to be a drug dealer and NOT a student) was found dead a mile from the Wilkes-Barre campus. This campus is about 4 hours away from where Joe Paterno coached.

Months later, another black male (not a student either) was found dead from a gunshot wound in a small town near State College. This body was NOT found in the location stated in the threatening email to the black student leader. This black student group tried to connect this homicides to Penn State, but THIS TOWN WAS 20 MILES AWAY FROM ANY PENN STATE CAMPUS.

I hate to remind you guys this, but homicide in the leading cause of death in young black males in the USA and this is not Penn State's fault.

This was not a coverup by Penn State, Joe Paterno or Santa Claus. The State Police, which is the HIGHEST LEVEL of law enforcement in Pennsylvania, investigated this bs and found that these deaths were completely UNRELATED to Penn State.

Penn State put metal detectors at every entrance of the graduation ceremony so all the students would feel safe. They held meetings with the black groups and involved the State Police. Penn State did all kinds of things to appease the black students. The donated a million dollars to different groups and agreed to hire more black professors. This is NOT inaction.

There are racist idiots everywhere and Penn State cannot control their behavior.

Edit- The email to the black student leader was traced to a computer located TWO HUNDRED MILES FROM THE BLACK LEADER'S CAMPUS.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/05/01/penn.state.racism.02/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member