*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once apprehended the gunman told authoritiess that there are explosives in his North Aurora, Colo. residence. Investigators rushed to the apartment complex, which was quickly evacuated and is now under lockdown.

Investigators confirmed that explosives were found. It is unclear if they were scheduled to detonate or if it was part of a stockpile.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-colorado-movie-theater-14-people-dead/story?id=16817842

The article says he's 24 years old.

I wonder how this guy got in the theater. He must have had one heck of a weapon. I don't know anything about guns but one would think with so many casualties, it wasn't a handgun that can easily be hidden. Assault rifle?

Live news now saying he kicked in the exit door, was all in black, started throwing tear gas. Had a rifle, handgun, and another weapon.

Victims are being decontaminated for the tear gas.

Suspect in custody, did not resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live news now saying he kicked in the exit door, was all in black, started throwing tear gas. Had a rifle, handgun, and another weapon.

Victims are being decontaminated for the tear gas.

Suspect in custody, did not resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Details were released after I posted that......the news was just breaking.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

Oates said there was no evidence of a second gunman.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html

My heart goes out to the victims and their families and the community.

There are no words to describe such a senseless crime. People enjoying a night out at the movie and something like this happens. A 6 year old child being shot at in cold blood.

Whatever justice this selfish coward will get, won't be enough.

:rose:

There are no words to describe such a senseless crime. People enjoying a night out at the movie and something like this happens. A 6 year old child being shot at in cold blood.

I agree.
CBS reporting this was well planned. Shooter used an ak47.

How incredibly sad. I am praying for the victims and their families. That poor six year old. Makes me cry to think about. That baby was probably SO excited to have a late night movie and then this happens. Just so sad and shocking.
To the poster with friends that were there, I hope they are all ok.

Last I just saw they confirmed 14 dead, approx 50 wounded. The police say they set up a triage at a local high school, and many were taken to various hospitals.

Also, they think he saw the movie beforehand online because he released the tear gas at a point where it was being released in the movie; same for opening gun fire.

These poor people. Why? Disgruntled employee? Angry boyfriend? This is just senseless. This young man was either already unbalanced or something set him off.

God be with the survivors and families.

They just revised the number down to 12... they say 12 are dead now.... I imagine in the chaos the number is off....:(

Colorado has the death penalty; they have only executed 1 murderer since the the DP was reinstated in 1975. There are 3 men currently on death row:

Capital punishment in Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy would certaintly be a candidate. My prayers for the families of these victims.

Oh, this just really, really, really pizzes me off so badly. :mad: Just who does this 2as5ard think he is? Just because he is a miserable excuse for a person he has to kill all these young people (baby & children)???????

Here it was a summer night out at the movie, and now mass death???? WHY???

This is exactly why I believe in the death penalty.

GB the families and friends of the victims, and heartfelt prayers for the injured.

The three month old is alive at University hospital, no other news on condition of baby. Many are shot, but some are being treated for chemical exposure, no news link, watching on local news sorry.

BBM:

Thank God!

They just announced name of shooter, James Holmes/Homes, 24 y.o., his vehicle had Tennessee plates, but he lived in Aurora, Colorado. Via 9 news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks