Lezleigh Hopkins murder Owen Sound Ontario Canada

Peace777

Reaction score
Lezleigh's body was found on 2nd floor apartment on 2nd. Ave W in the city of Owen Sound Ontario. OPP and Owen Sound City Police are investigating her murder. No suspect or suspects have been named at this time.
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2015/01/24/now-its-a-murder-investigation
http://globalnews.ca/news/1791482/death-of-owen-sound-woman-28-ruled-a-homicide/
Anyone with any info can call Police are asking anyone with information helpful to the investigation to call city police at 519-376-1234 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

It looks like she had some mental health or addiction issues. May she rest in peace....http://www.lfpress.com/2015/01/25/d...zleigh-hopkins-ruled-a-homicide-after-autopsy

Barry Kruisselbrink, who owns the apartment building, said Friday that is Unit 2 and he thinks it is rented to Community Connections, the housing department of Hope Grey-Bruce, a support agency for people with serious mental health, substance abuse or gambling issues.

I haven't seen any photos of poor Lezleigh and don't know if she had any issues. But there may be a photo bucket link with pics just not sure if it's the same lady(so won't post the link). RIP and may the murderer/s be caught ASAP. She was only 28 yrs. old

I've been doing some digging and it looks like Lezleigh lost her Mom in 2004 and her Dad in 2007. They were 52 and 55. :( That's young!

So sad this young lady was murdered :( Still no more from the police on any suspects or cause of death. Owen Sound is a small town in Ontario and doesn't have many murders. So tragic

She was found Thursday and LE is still there Monday processing what does not look like a large place? LE is releasing little to no info other that to say the public should be vigilant?
What I have gathered so far is she was a young woman that had lost both her parents, she has 1 younger sister though IMO they do not appear to be close.There were comments made under the story in Sun and local newspaper about past drug use. A prior article mentioned the apartment was rented to a community housing agency. The last pic on her fb pg was taken approx 10 days before she died and she looks very healthy, not like a heavy drug user and very young. In the pic there are 2 stocking hanging on the wall beside the tree so I wonder if she was in a relationship with anyone?I also wonder who found her and was an autopsy necessary to determine that her death was homicide? I also wonder if LE is not saying much because it is a small town and rumors would impede the investigation?
Investigation on going and public being asked to be vigilant http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2015/01/26/homicide-investigation-continues

She was found Thursday and LE is still there Monday processing what does not look like a large place? LE is releasing little to no info other that to say the public should be vigilant?
What I have gathered so far is she was a young woman that had lost both her parents, she has 1 younger sister though IMO they do not appear to be close.There were comments made under the story in Sun and local newspaper about past drug use. A prior article mentioned the apartment was rented to a community housing agency. The last pic on her fb pg was taken approx 10 days before she died and she looks very healthy, not like a heavy drug user and very young. In the pic there are 2 stocking hanging on the wall beside the tree so I wonder if she was in a relationship with anyone?I also wonder who found her and was an autopsy necessary to determine that her death was homicide? I also wonder if LE is not saying much because it is a small town and rumors would impede the investigation?

I'm also wondering why no other info isn't coming out :thinking:? 1 week since the murder tomorrow :scared: I'll keep checking the Owen Sound Sun Times or a local radio station and will post if anything is announced.

I also am wondering on the lack of information by LE. I looked yesterday at her obit again and it said arrangements pending. I take this to probably mean that LE has not released the body yet. I feel so sad for her younger sister.
I'm also wondering why no other info isn't coming out :thinking:? 1 week since the murder tomorrow :scared: I'll keep checking the Owen Sound Sun Times or a local radio station and will post if anything is announced.

I am wondering if this may of been a stranger scenario though why pick that apartment out of 7? or they have a pretty good idea and are gathering evidence?
From local radio station today homicide still being investigated and Owen Sound only has a murder about every 3 years. This is Owen Sound's first murder since 2011. " homicide detectives are examining evidence and searching for suspects."
http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/news_item.php?NewsID=72373

Interesting FB group she belongs to with some interesting posts
The name of the group is below
______.x.&& Please [Pray.Hope ♥ &&.Wait] With Me

I saw that to ....appears to mourning the loss of her car?
Interesting FB group she belongs to with some interesting posts
The name of the group is below
______.x.&& Please [Pray.Hope ♥ &&.Wait] With Me

I am wondering if this may of been a stranger scenario though why pick that apartment out of 7? or they have a pretty good idea and are gathering evidence?

I hope they have gathered up some evidence by now to give some indication on who may be involved in this poor lady's murder. Someone must know or seen something. Still not understanding the "stay vigilant" warning as that does sound like "stranger" so be aware? Who may look out of place in the town etc?

Hmm I can't seem to find that FB link online :notgood: and I wanted to post a link or add LH's picture here to this post but I don't know which picture is her when I search images. The police haven't provided any to the newspapers I guess.

Her fb pg is still up and the link to the fb group she she posted about is https://www.facebook.com/groups/12237144603/?pnref=lhc Lezleigh is the only member
Hmm I can't seem to find that FB link online :notgood: and I wanted to post a link or add LH's picture here to this post but I don't know which picture is her when I search images. The police haven't provided any to the newspapers I guess.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back