2-15-2013 Dr Phil Show

Intermezzo

Reaction score
February 15, 2013

Casey Anthony's Attorney: What He Wants to Reveal to Dr. Phil

It’s been a year and a half since a Florida jury found Casey Anthony not guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee — a verdict that stunned many — and Casey Anthony is still making news. Recently, Casey reportedly filed for bankruptcy, and there are reports that she reconciled with her father, George. Dr. Phil sits down with Casey’s former defense attorney, Jose Baez, who discusses his book, Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story. Baez weighs in on the most recent headlines and shares what he says he wants the public to know but couldn’t say during the trial. During opening statements, Baez made claims that George molested Casey when she was a child —a claim George denies. Knowing Casey's history of lying, does Baez stand by his accusation? Or, did he knowingly misdirect the jury? And, Baez says he knows how Caylee really died — hear his theory. Plus, in an exclusive interview, John Bradley, a prosecution witness whom Baez accused of perjuring himself on the stand, speaks out for the first time on television. If you’ve been following one of the most infamous trials in America, don't miss this show.

Bringing over from Sibebar thread

In regards to John Bradley and the Cacheback software and the chloroform searches
Baez accused him of Perjury but IMO he did not knowingly Perjure himself or set out to commit perjury unlike a certain female defense witness

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...ues/-/13479888/13131848/-/9bi3bm/-/index.html

"The Canadian software designer said he notified detectives and prosecutors before the end of the trial and even offered to fly back to Orlando at his own expense to correct the testimony. He said the offer fell on deaf ears.

WESH 2's legal analyst Judge O.H. Eaton said U.S. Supreme Court case law and the rules of professional conduct required prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick to notify the court if false testimony was presented.

A statement from the State Attorney's Office said both sides were aware of the issues.

"Court records show that the defense was completely aware of the issues, utilizing these facts at trial," the statement said.

According to the state, the prosecution talked about the issue with defense attorney Jose Baez on June 27.
"

----------------------------------------------------

John Bradley came to Orlando and testified, He was asked to READ from the report created by OCSO , a report he had not seen before nor had previous knowledge of its contents.

NOTE: there were 2 different Reports..The first report used the software NetAnalysis( 1 search for chloroform found) and the 2nd report used CacheBack version 2.8 RC2. The OCSO encountered problems running his software and he spent 3 days getting it to work. That the report wasn't turned in until after the trial began

He decided to run the software again, he said he realized there was a discrepancy in the search results when a member of the OCSO forensic computer dept testified. This prompted him to run the search again....that is when he found the error

He notified LE and the SAO office about it and was willing to come back and correct his testimony.

The SAO released a statement that the Court Records show that the Prosecution talked about the issue with Baez on June 27 and that the Defense was completely aware of the error.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_casey-anthony-trial-chloroform-new-evidence

"We tried to get the state to enter into a stipulation to advise jury that there was an error," says defense attorney Cheney Mason. "The state wouldn't agree to it. They knew it was wrong, and they did nothing to fix it."

There probably was a good reason for that. The computer records indicate someone searched "chloroform" right after going to a MySpace page." Had there been a guilty verdict, this may have been grounds for reversal.

There have been allegations that prosecutors withheld Bradley's disclosure from the defense.

But the State Attorney's Office denied this in a statement, saying prosecutors notified Baez of Bradley's correction.

If so, Mason says he didn't know about it. But he offered praise for Burdick's ethics and said he had great respect for her.

Baez isn't returning calls.

--------------------------------------
Mr Bradley retained Michigan Lawyer, Gregory W Mair, to represent him. Mr Mair sent a letter to Lawsom Lamar and issued a Press Release on behalf of John Bradley and CacheBack.

---------------------------------------
Some info about it from Huffinton Post at the link below and the Press Release doc is included in the article..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/20/anthony-trial-witness-john-bradley-backtracks_n_905119.html

From Sidebar thread

OK...took my girls shopping and we got home just in time for the Dr Phil airing...soooooo I watched it.

I will admit I did enjoy the show and I gave up watching not only this show but many others years ago.

Hmmmm should we have a separate Thread to discuss this show???????

Dr Phil does ask some good questions, Baez defends himself
Knows Casey is a Liar
Believes/Hopes Casey gets some kind of help
Baez said the psychologists told him she was suffering from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) Dr Phil disagrees
He regrets the strain this case had on his family
Dr Phil questions if Baez had a good faith basis to accuse George...Baez says Yes.
There's more but I did not take notes and would like to watch it again or read the transcript..

Dr Phil asked the State Attorney's office for a comment regarding the error with the chloroform searches and they sent the Dr Phil show a statement which is supposed to be found on his website.

I am very glad Dr Phil invited John Bradley to appear on the show to allow him to speak and let it be known that he did not commit perjury or fraud and did all he could to rectify the error of the 84 searches on chloroform but no one showed him any support...

From Sidebar thread

What was it he wanted to reveal on the show?
Let me guess- he's as big a liar as his client! Baez version of a good faith basis- his client who is a pathological liar told him so.

also wanted to thank you and say God Bless for being able to watch it---I still have problems with both Dr. Phil and jb

Thanks Zoey
I have submitted a request to open a NEW THREAD to discuss the show

I haven't watched Dr Phil in years but I was more interested in hearing what John Bradley had to say to that is what motivated me to watch...

From my point of view, the show wasn't that bad, ...Dr Phil asked some good questions, and Baez defended himself

how was Caylee killed per jb? that was one of the things they were advertising....I hope John Bradley stood his ground---I personally think it was an honest mistake--wasn't like he killed a poor defensive 2 year old....

I don't think he revealed anything new.
IMO he was still throwing George and the Anthony family under the bus

He mentioned that Cindy, George and Lee all refused polygraphs and that made him suspicious.

He does not know how Caylee died, he said only 2 or perhaps 1 person knows the truth...

Baez does not know how Caylee died, he said it was an accidental drowning which was more believable than the chloroform and duct tape theory the Prosecution had.

From what I gathered watching and listening to him is If he has his own personal thoughts on it he is not saying.

Baez to Dr Phil . "It really doesn't matter what I believe. I was there to do a job and to work this case."

From Sidebar Thread

thats what angers me---they hype it up and then he backs it down...same jb ------- he just needs to go away...I'm sorry minor venting going on---:blushing: BUT again thanks for watching....

Polygraphs? Did Casey take one? :furious:

IMO Baez should have gotten her to take one, for himself, because she was lying to him since day 1....

Why are you no longer representing her?

Jb: I was teaching at Harvard. Her videos came out. This started the circus again. I had other clients that needed my focus.

Me: wasn't it just one lecture at harvard? A bit of an exaggeration. Also, if he has clients needing his focus, why I'd he doing this interview instead of focusing.

Ummm He needed money, I mean a donation, for a charity?

From what I remember the Defense had said that Baez's work with Casey was OVER after the trial ended....so July maybe early August 2008

FLMom
did you catch the part when Dr Phil said something like the clients who should be grateful usually turn out to be the ones who are not and Baez agreed.

Jb went into why he went to the abuse lies (my opinion as to them being lies) dp called his reasons saying it was abuse were flimsy. Jb disagrees. Dp reminded jb of his responsibility as an officer of the court.

Just venting.........so, his client sat in jail HOW LONG because her child ACCIDENTLY drown.

He is as big a liar as the Anthony's.......or incompetent........or both.....:furious::furious:

I did catch that. I also am noticing that when he is asked a you question jb loos down, like he is trying to figure out how to answer without implicating himself more. I liked how dp said fca not going to a gyno was not really anything , that it was a stretch to make that evidence of abuse.

What really happened to Caylee?

I believe she downed. What I believe is irrelevant.

How did she end up in the woods?

That disturbs me. Casey said George would take care of it.

Dp: isn't it a stretch that george would find her drowned and not call 911?

He didnt really answer.

I may have to watch the rest later. It just angers me all over again.

Dr p does not agree that fca was showing signs of ptsd as jb keeps claiming. He shows a graph with the symptoms of ptsd. Fca does not follow the symptoms.

Jose is getting very defensive, imho.

Jb:I can't discuss if fca and ga have reconciled.

Is bankruptcy a way to escape the civil suits?

Jb: the civil suits are frivilous.

Would you take this case again?

Yes,

Thanks so much FLmom77. I really couldn't bring myself to watch. Did you get the idea that dp isn't buying any of it? I mean please! it was accident and we still don't know what really happened? You can explain an accident. She sure isn't protecting anybody else so I'm guessing the reason her lawyer doesn't know what really happened is because she has not told him. Completely laughable on every single level.

even more of a stretch that he would dump her in the woods 4 feet from the road and go on like nothing happended and no one would ask where isCaylee AND that he would trust FCA not to tell anyone? :waitasec:

I do want to write that smirk off his face. One thing he got for appearing us that the audience all got copies of the book. Gag me.

from the sidbebar thread

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/6841/?id=6841&showID=1975

State of Florida Response to Comments Made by John Bradley

Below is the state of Florida's response to statements made by Mr. John Bradley, designer of the software CacheBack, in a July 19, 2011 New York Times article:

Two software programs were used for conducting computer analysis of searches completed during the Anthony trial. The results produced by CacheBack returned results of 84 visits. The second program, Net Analysis, returned results of one visit. After the results were mentioned in court on June 23, Mr. Bradley contacted the State the same day. He consulted as to a potential rebuttal to the defense regarding the error in his program and recommended using Net Analysis findings. All findings had previously been supplied to the defense in discovery. On June 27, the discrepancy was discussed with Mr. Baez, and both he and the prosecution agreed to use the Net Analysis return of one site visit count as the most accurate information available at the time. If additional information became available, the State agreed to disclose. Mr. Baez brought the discrepancy forward in court testimony and again at closing with his exhibit. During jury deliberations Mr. Bradley admitted to sending additional information to the wrong email address but was able to deliver information to prosecutors on the evening of July 4. On July 5, prosecutors prepared a Notice of Supplemental Discovery for defense, but it was never provided because the jury had reached their verdict.

Mr. Bradley never told prosecutors that the searches or the dates and times of the searches were inaccurate. The only inaccuracies discussed were the visit counts discrepancy and that each software program (CacheBack and Net Analysis) revealed a different number of total records.

Again, all of this information was disclosed to the defense in a timely manner.

We are dismayed at the suggestion made by the defense that prosecutors would withhold exculpatory material. Court records show that the defense was completely aware of the issues, utilizing these facts at trial.

It is coming on now in my timezone. I have it on but don't know if I can watch it. I loath FCA, her toxic family, Jose and Dr Phil. A completely revolting combination all around.

As for the free books---he probably had extras in his closet:floorlaugh::blushing:

I cant watch it. But do question why the always bill him as saying something new and he never ever does. I do hope that ga atty contact. Jb with papers.

I came over from my new home on the Jodi Arias trial threads to see what was here. I hope somebody takes the bullet and watches and reports back WORD FOR WORD! I can't watch Jose. It's hazardous to my good health.

TIA

I missed it dang it. Only saw the end. Reconciled with the father that raped and abused her huh? Awesome.

I would love to smack the smirk off of Jose. He is practically gloating that he managed to help a murderer go free.

One of the most annoying aspects of all this is that Jose now thinks he is a good lawyer.

I am watching Dr. Phil right now and I am thinking I missed CA's second trial. Oh, was there just one? Well what JB is saying right now sure seems he wasn't at the trial I watched for days on end. He just made the statement that there was no chloroform found. He said that there was no nothing found in the toxicology. Were they able to do toxicology on her bones?

Now discussing the computer searches. At this point I am liking Dr. Phil. jmo

One of the most annoying aspects of all this is that Jose now thinks he is a good lawyer.

:moo: doesn't matter what JB thinks, it's what paying clients think.

ps. I will never watch anything he is on. NEVER.

Did Dr Phil say what he paid JB to appear on his show?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back