CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the interview of Shemika by news reporters? I doubt she could have carried it off. I read somewhere that she also suffers from CP.

I'm with ya there. She is a badly, frighteningly, disorganized mind, she simply does not have the skills to pull this off.

Frankly, I don't believe a word he says. Remember Susan Smith...She cried and begged for days, until LE suddenly announced her arrest. Some cry and some get angry - doesn't mean a thing.

It's just very improbable that he was taken in that particular neighborhood. Though you have to admit it was a clever ploy to defer suspicion from himself. Place the child by the backdoor, open the trunk lid, disappear around the corner & voila! Child is gone off the face of the earth. It was reported somewhere a reporter did the walk from the alley to the store in 40 seconds.

He was supposedly behind the car by the door. Now who from the street could have seen him?

Why are they searching Coyote Park if he was stolen on College Ave.? They had helicopters flying around, probably with heat seeking instruments to detect a body. They searched again yesterday (Sunday).

It just burns me up that this child born with CP had such a tragic life and ended up being victimized by a monster.

I'll be the 1st to apologize if it turns out he was kidnapped.

I'm right there with you Paulette - I don't believe a word he says either.

I think the stop in the salvage yard was a ploy to redirect the upcoming investigation. I"m wondering if there were cell pings from that location. I can't imagine how a pedophile would accidentally walk into that scene, grab the little guy, and escape without detection within a minute or two and with no noise or sightings. Ross left the trunk up, blocking the view into the car, making it even harder, if not impossible to spot a child. Doesn't make sense anyone would know Ross was going to be an hour early - unless he told someone - maybe this was a planned abduction.

Ross' criminal record and civil law suits show he is unreliable and negligent regarding his finances and pet care. He owes money from his civil suits and for the life of me I can't figure out how this little missing child would give Ross more dollars. Unless it has nothing to do with money and he just can't deal with a 'special needs' child. But then why would he want to adopt the kids? Hope I'm wrong in all my thoughts - I'll be happy to be apologizing along with you.

Well, I also was under the impression it was a shorter walk (until I saw that photo this weekend) and didn't realize he had to go around the corner of the building twice. Yes, it makes it even more strange that he'd take the toddler out of the car down the block and leave Hassani alone by the car ~ and not just call the store and say "I'm outside the back door". MOO

Praying Hassani is found soon!

'night all! :seeya:

I'm jumping off Panthera's post because the statement I bolded nudged something in my mind.

Every retail store and restaurant that I have ever worked at had a door that was for deliveries. Usually a back door.

And I can't remember any of the doors not having a buzzer or chime to let those working in the store or in the kitchen know that someone was at the back door.

Why wouldn't there be one at that store for deliveries? :waitasec: and why wouldn't he just walk to the back door himself with baby and Hassani and ring the bell to drop the kiddos off?

We've got the name of a brother too.:woohoo:
Louisandbrother.jpg

Mom did you open the docs to look at the DOB?

I had seen the Thorman yesterday and did a search and T. Ross III popped up on the Texas Death Records as :

http://vitals.rootsweb.ancestry.com/tx/death/search.cgi?surname=ross&given=thorman

Ross Thorman III 04-02-1970 BEXAR M MARRIED

He died in 1970 and was married at the time?

I found T. Ross III he is buried in Burial:

Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery
San Antonio
Bexar County
Texas, USA
Plot: V, 979

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=3046522

Given that Thorman more than likely isn't the brother of the LWR in question. I am not sure the LWRIII listed above is who we think it is either JMHO.

I'm with ya there. She is a badly, frighteningly, disorganized mind, she simply does not have the skills to pull this off.

Shemika (sp?) had a difficult time stringing her sentences together...she was struggling and I felt so bad for her being on national TV and all. I hope there are no more interviews with this young woman. mho

According to this video interview with Ross and Campbell yesterday, social services has told them that even if Hassani is found, THEY WILL NOT GET EITHER OF THE CHILDREN BACK!!!

http://cbs5.com/video/?cid=129

the video is in the video library and is labeled August 17th 2009 at 5:34 pm.

Did you watch the interview of Shemika by news reporters? I doubt she could have carried it off. I read somewhere that she also suffers from CP.

Oh, I agree it's not likely, but I just meant there might be a way someone found out their exact location--thinking out loud I guess! If mom is still in touch with biodad--that type of thing. Wondering if both kids are from same father or not.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_13145112?nclick_check=1

Police have received just 50 tips about possible sightings of 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell in the week since he was reported missing.

None of the tips or the searches of Oakland neighborhoods, the parklands of Coyote Hills near Fremont and the marshland area along the Hayward shoreline have turned up anything, police said.

There also is a lack of community support in the search for the missing boy with cerebral palsy. There were just a handful of people at a vigil this afternoon.

This comment ...only 50 tips...really bothered me. Aren't there usually hundreds of tips in a missing child case. Why so few in this instance?:waitasec:

According to this video interview with Ross and Campbell yesterday, social services has told them that even if Hassani is found, THEY WILL NOT GET EITHER OF THE CHILDREN BACK!!!

If Ross thinks the public doesn't like him now, wait until they see this video!! He is outrageous! His escalating temper and demands of the public are that of an out of control adolescent. Can you only imagine what it would be like for a child (5yo & 18mo) to be around this bully? I hope someone keeps an eye on him and that he doesn't own a gun. YIKES!!! :eek:

watched the 10K reward video - 2nd video on top.

I know what you mean, Paulette! I keep flip-flopping.

What does concern me though is the post earlier about only having 50 tips on Hassani's case in a week, where Sandra Cantu's case have 470-something in 5 days. That's not good. :(

But remember that Sandra was dead and concealed when all those tips came in. Those tips were coming from people who thought they saw her but didn't. It could be that it's less likely for people to mistake a different child for Hassani because of hearing of Hassani's braces.

But remember that Sandra was dead and concealed when all those tips came in. Those tips were coming from people who thought they saw her but didn't. It could be that it's less likely for people to mistake a different child for Hassani because of hearing of Hassani's braces.

I agree.

Also, I can't help this nagging feeling that there weren't many tips because he just wasn't there.

http://cbs5.com/localwire/22.0.html?type=bcn&item=TUESDAY-MORNING-NEWS-ROUNDUP-05-50

Thomason said police are still treating Hassani's disappearance as a missing persons case but as time goes on the chances of finding him alive may be dwindling.

He said on Saturday law enforcement officials and volunteers searched marshland and shoreline areas at the tip of West Winton Avenue in Hayward as well as Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont but didn't find anything significant.

I noticed in the video, where they were showing that Hassani was learning to write his name, that he spelled it Hasanni. Surely he wouldn't have written Hasanni over and over if his name was spelled Hassani.

Or it could be that local people are not supporting them because they don't believe in them. :waitasec:

Only a few turned up for the vigil, which supports the foster parents. Does anyone know how many showed up for the search, which would support Hassani?

hasannispelling.jpg

I really think his name is spelled Hasanni. I remember someone mentioning that a missing poster for him had his name spelled "Hasanni," and we were thinking How could they misspell his name? But I think the media has spelled his name wrong from the beginning and now are not correcting themselves.
For some reason, it bugs me for his name to be universally misspelled, like it's not important.

I noticed in the video, where they were showing that Hassani was learning to write his name, that he spelled it Hasanni. Surely he wouldn't have written Hasanni over and over if his name was spelled Hassani.

Thanks for pointing that out--I think the media has the name spelled wrong. It most likely is Hasanni. (Which also explains the flyers the family handed out)

Checking in on Hasanni to see if there is any news and there are very few tips and Hasanni has not been found. IIRC stats show that if a child goes missing at the hands of parents/cusodians the child is usually found within 2-3 miles of home and near water. Maybe we should draw a map showing all places within 3 miles of where Hasanni lived and any bodies of water within that radius - anybody local know of any bodies of water within 3 miles of Hasanni's residence?

Hasanni, little man give us a clue so we can find you.

Eleph

If Ross thinks the public doesn't like him now, wait until they see this video!! He is outrageous! His escalating temper and demands of the public are that of an out of control adolescent. Can you only imagine what it would be like for a child (5yo & 18mo) to be around this bully? I hope someone keeps an eye on him and that he doesn't own a gun. YIKES!!! :eek:

watched the 10K reward video - 2nd video on top.

He was exhibiting this bully boy behavior in the "sofa interview" with ABC 7. Notice the bit where he looks at the reporter and whines about being questioned for 17 long hours. I thought "This guy could easily come off that sofa & smack him." He may be a snapper. And I don't mean the fish.

I was under the SAME impression & now wonder why :confused:

I can clearly see it's a much longer walk & totally out of his view which makes what he did 1000x worse then I originally thought! :eek:

I'm so sorry, I have'n't read the two threads, but I want to ask a question.
Didn't he have a cellphone?

How can Hasanni and his 18 month old sister have been in foster care for 2 years and then with LR and JC for 6-8 months?
I know I suck at math, I have the grades to prove it...but that doesn't add up no matter who you are.

ETA: And I think some of the anger in that video is because if CPS told them the kids aren't coming back to them, they may have also let them know that their rights to their own child are in danger. Which I almost guarantee is the case. These people will either lose their own child too, or they will have CPS so far up their butts the state will know what they ate for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23