George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch a movie with police or bouncers (See GZ's favs) in it and you may see how they go about it. To gain an advantage it's 'Up against the wall' or 'turn around.' Or a hand on the shoulder to help you do just that. Then it's 'feel time' in the pockets or whatever. This will cause a certain amount of outrage from a person who feels innocent as being accosted by a stranger, and he may react right off the bat. Thus being in a position that GZ would want to keep so he would be in control. Any resistance and the next step for GZ would be to use his position as an advantage to make the next move. One technique is used by many a BOUNCER or NIGHTCLUB DOORMEN. It is used at close range and the opponents chance of escape is about zero. It starts out by standing behind your opponent and planting an arm around his throat. BUT I feel that TM may have responded by using his tall size as an advantage, by pushing backward with his head as well as his legs. This would throw GZ off balance and force him backward also. TM could also at that point given GZ a headbutt in the nose. Butt who nose? Now there seem to be short trees with some very low branches at the T. In fact at that very spot that could have caused those scratch like? injuries to the back of GZ's head. Thus those injuries to Zimmerman's head could have been caused by himself in his attempt to use this BOUNCER technique on Martin and failing badly.

There is no history of GZ apprehending a suspicious person that he called in on, ever.

BEM: TM was 6'3", GZ is 5'8" - TM would have to get on his knees practically to give TM a head butt.

JMO

I can imagine someone under these circumstances trying to wrestle the gun away. What do they have to lose if they believe their life is being threatened and the alternatives could result in their death? There have been cases in which people chose to fight off an attacker rather than wait and see what would happen next, and they were successful at disabling and disarming the attacker.

I agree that there have been cases of people fighting off an attacker because they have nothing to lose, but I've never read or heard of a case where someone who is being held at gunpoint trying to wrestle the gun away from the attacker, as was your initial scenario. I've seen this happen a lot in movies. I could be wrong though, maybe you could provide an example? TIA

There is no history of GZ apprehending a suspicious person that he called in on, ever.

BEM: TM was 6'3", GZ is 5'8" - TM would have to get on his knees practically to give TM a head butt.

JMO

I don't see that, either. But there's really no evidence (that I'm aware of) that TM intentionally punched GZ. TM could have struck GZ's nose with his arm, shoulder or head while trying to wrest the gun from him.

Not necessarily. I remember that she stated Mr. Martin first asked "Why are you following me?" If so it's understandable that Mr. Zimmerman could have turned around when he was asked that question. Without a recording of the call we can only go on her words.

Why would GZ suddenly turn around and walk away from TM while asking him what he was doing there, and after TM asked why he was following him?

And, why dismiss the words of TM's gf but not those of GZ, the one who pulled the trigger? LE has determined that she and TM were talking on the cell phone around the time of the incident, and GZ's recorded 911 call does corroborate her claim that GZ was following TM. The gf's testimony isn't any less credible than an eyewitness account.

I think the case will hinge on expert testimony regarding whose voice was heard screaming for help.

What bothers me about this picture is that I've bled worse from cutting my legs while shaving! This is not a picture of a man's head that was repeatedly slammed into the concrete.

MOO

I have seen a close up view of this picture. There are two open wounds that required butterfly clamps to close. How many slams does it take to open up two large gashes that require that type of treatment. A professional boxer gets hit many times in the face before a wound opens up.

with the news intentionally distorting the evidence we see, it's no wonder some of us are confused. I have seen a viedo of gz with a red news banner over his head and the newsperson blurting out" i cant see any injuries". The other reporter who edited the phone calls from gz to the police to make them seem racist.(he has since been fired) what else has the media let loose to sway our views. They should all be charged with obstruction. The scenerio that gz gave the day of the incident was suported by witnesses and the police. Gz statements held up thats why no arrest was made. Just because something happens you dont need to have an arrest. It's called probable cause.it was disigned to protect the innocent from undo litigation and prison time. In this case that has gone out the window to run away emotions.the injuries to gz clealy support what he and others saw. its a shame an innocent man doing his job as neighborhood watch challanging strangers is being put thru this railroading.

thank you!!!!

I would have a problem if GZ started changing his story and the witnesses changed theirs. but since day 1 it seems that everyone has pretty much been on the same page as to what happened.

I do apologize, I wasn't basing that on my own opinion of the call as a regular person viewing the forums, more of a defense lawyer knowing that the burden of proof is on the prosecution. Given the statement made, I see no proof of who confronted who. Given that Detective Gilbreath stated the same at the bail hearing it's not evidence for the prosecution.

My opinion is this:

I do not think they'll call her to testify. Something about hearsay and the fact that what she has said doesn't help the prosecution makes me think it's a waste of time to even worry about what she's said. This prosecution has made a fool of me before though, so I may eat my words.

She was going to testify before the Grand Jury. I believe it may be admissible because she was talking to the victim who is now dead. jmo

Trayvon Martin's family met with the Miami Heat and NY Nicks just before the 2012 playoff game.

I have seen a close up view of this picture. There are two open wounds that required butterfly clamps to close. How many slams does it take to open up two large gashes that require that type of treatment. A professional boxer gets hit many times in the face before a wound opens up.

If those injuries did in fact require butterfly clamps to close them then why did EMS, after checking Zimmerman out that night, let him leave the scene without so much as a regular bandage on his head at all? This is my biggest problem with the so called evidence that Zimmerman was seriously injured that night. I find EMS more credible than any photo released by goodness knows who the night before a bail/bond hearing.

MOO

I saw him with no injuries, as did everyone here who saw the police station surveillance tape. No visible injuries. Nada. None. I did later see something that was supposed to be an "Enhanced" version of the surveillance tape. Had a big red "X" on the top of his head. No resemblance to the so-called injuries shown on the ABC photo.

https://jhaines6.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/warning-graphic-image-picture-of-george-zimmermans-

This site has a close up view of GZ head look at the obvious open wounds that required clamps to close. It would probably take several blows to the head to open that kind if wound. A professional boxer can get hit 40 or 50 times in the face before the skin breaks down and stitches are required.

I do apologize, I wasn't basing that on my own opinion of the call as a regular person viewing the forums, more of a defense lawyer knowing that the burden of proof is on the prosecution. Given the statement made, I see no proof of who confronted who. Given that Detective Gilbreath stated the same at the bail hearing it's not evidence for the prosecution.

My opinion is this:

I do not think they'll call her to testify. Something about hearsay and the fact that what she has said doesn't help the prosecution makes me think it's a waste of time to even worry about what she's said. This prosecution has made a fool of me before though, so I may eat my words.

BBM Are you basing your opinion on being a lawyer? If so, please get verified. I have lots of questions. :waitasec:

I think she will be called under the Florida Statutes under Evidence 90.803 Hearsay Exceptions. IMHO paragraphs (1)(2) and (3) all apply.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/evidence/90.803.html

George claims he was beaten to a pulp on the sidewalk & had his nose broken but nothing is visible in police video 20 minutes afterwards at SPD! Why would anyone believe him about self-defense when he lied about his injuries? He created faux injuries in his statements & lied about self-defense to justify gunning down Trayvon so nothing he says can be trusted JMO. Once a liar always a liar, especially to get out of trouble (this time a MURDER charge!!) all jmo.

:moo: :moo:

It was reported that GZ was cleaned up before he got all bloody in that police car. In todays world with aids and hepatitis I didn't blame the police for making EMS clean him up real well before he got in close proximity to anyone.

Why would GZ suddenly turn around and walk away from TM while asking him what he was doing there, and after TM asked why he was following him?

And, why dismiss the words of TM's gf but not those of GZ, the one who pulled the trigger? LE has determined that she and TM were talking on the cell phone around the time of the incident, and GZ's recorded 911 call does corroborate her claim that GZ was following TM. The gf's testimony isn't any less credible than an eyewitness account.

I think the case will hinge on expert testimony regarding whose voice was heard screaming for help.

If I were a juror, I would give less credibility to the g/f's testimony because she was asked to recall a 4 minute phone call that occurred 3 weeks prior to Crump's initial questioning. Zimmerman was there that night, eyewitnesses were asked immediately for statements - statements that are consistent with GZ's initial statement. He could not have known what the witnesses were telling LE at the same time he was being questioned at the station.

The g/f's statement does corroborate what is in the 911 call, which Crump received a copy of two days before her story broke. In fact, corroborates with the 911 call to the exact minute GZ lost sight of TM.

LE hasn't determined anything in regards to the phone call between TM and his alleged girlfriend. The investigators for the SP conducted a phone conversation and obtained her written statement, but no conclusions that I am aware of have been made by LE, her statement has simply been added to the prosecutors side of the case.

JMO

She was going to testify before the Grand Jury. I believe it may be admissible because she was talking to the victim who is now dead. jmo

IIRC, Sonny Hostin threw that bit of information out on CNN at some point. Grand Jury subpoenas are kept secret, so no one knows whether or not she was going to be called to testify. JMO

George's 'source' claimed he was frightened that Trayvon was circling his vehicle. But that didn't happen imo because Trayvon wasn't "at" George's vehicle, because George didn't call 911 EMERGENCY & didn't bother to tell the dispatcher! Plus George had to run after Trayvon to catch up and kill him, and that's a fact because we know Trayvon was shot approx 233 ft from George's truck per Concerned Papa's great maps & SFD calls.

Imo George did NOT have the injuries he claims, there was no actual 'fight' because Trayvon was just trying to get away when George pulled his gun, thus the horrible cries from Trayvon before he was shot. So..... was George frightened, threatened, ticked-off or obsessed with a black kid that dared to walk on "George's" property when he decided to pursue & kill him? All JMO.

:moo:

Can you show a link to the maps &SFD Thanks. Also what marks did TM have in the great struggle for his life with all his screams

It was reported that GZ was cleaned up before he got all bloody in that police car. In todays world with aids and hepatitis I didn't blame the police for making EMS clean him up real well before he got in close proximity to anyone.

Did they put the butterfly bandages on him before he got in the car? or when he got to the station? I don't see any in the photo you provided. Maybe they (the emt) put that stuff men use when they cut themselves shaving? I don't mean tissue or gauze, it is a little white crayon thingy.

Nevermind me

I will go look for the correct term. I didn't see any butterfly bandages on him at the station or any blood on his clothes. So it makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff