2010.06.01 - Casey Suffers Fall at Courthouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of a former coworker...she bit into an apple one day and broke off half her front tooth. If KC fell forward I'm thinking it's a front tooth. Half a tooth missing would make her look like quite the hillbilly (no offense to hillbillys). Maybe the defense will say it will hurt her case if she doesn't look her best a trial and try and get it fixed. Or maybe the county will fix it since they're charged with her care, custody and control (I remember that from the interview of the guard from the day Caylee was found.)

If the jail pays for cosmetic work for her, then I think each inmate there needs to line up and insist they receive comparable services - especially the 90 or so other inmates who are there charged with capital murder. I can agree that her tooth should be repaired, but nothing beyond that. Of course, the jail may go above and beyond since it happened while she was being directly supervised and in their care (not alone in her cell).

Besides, this case is about CAYLEE and ensuring justice for HER ... not about maintaining KC's physical appearance. JMHO.

I work full time at a job that provides medical benefits but no dental. Sorry but the fact that KC could get a chipped tooth covered while sitting on her a$$ awaiting trial for the murder of her dauahgter really pisses me off..

I dont blame the guards. I can imagine Casey was simply being over zealous, walking chin forward, nose up...and fell.

Is there any definitive word on how the accident happend? I watched WFTV news at 5 pm and I swear I heard the reporter say it happened in the 'elevator'! I can't find any other reference to the elevator anywhere. Now, I am local and know that WFTV has a bad habit of mis-reporting things or getting them flat out wrong - so this particular version may never surface again :) So now I am wondering what actually happened and where did it happen.

Did anyone else happen to catch WFTV news at 5 pm and hear the same thing I did or am I losing my mind? - wait don't answer that question, I don't want to know the answer to it:crazy:

I don't know about WFTV .... but HLN had Beth Karas on saying: She fell in an elevator and fell hit her face, split her chin and lip, don't know about her teeth....

Local6 said: Local 6 News has learned that Anthony chipped a tooth and busted her lip in a fall after exiting an Orange County Corrections Department van at the courthouse.

WFTV article: "Casey Anthony suffered a fall in the courthouse while being transported to the courtroom and received what appear to be minor injuries when her restraints became entangled and she fell forward.
http://www.wftv.com/news/23752570/detail.html

As grandpa would say..."did you crack the pavement?"

btw I thought she had caps.

Actually, I have always thought her front teeth were all crowns. If so, there might not have been much tooth under the crowns and she could loose it.
If it didn't involve the root there is a good chance they can build it up with porcelain.
Unless she has root canal or extraction she won't need more than Tylenol for pain.
I do hope we hear about what damage was done but I really want to know if George is "outta" the home or inpatient somewhere. Very interesting, IMHO.

Any case history on inmates being injured, then suing the correctional facility?
Might save the A house from foreclosure.

I was wondering the same thing about a law suit. Not sure it would help mom and dad but it could sure help pay for the defense. Inmates have been known to sue & win for all kinds of stuff. I am sure it was just an accident, they did the best they could to try and catch her & when they didn't I am sure they got her medical care. I hope she can not sue, I hate for any inmate to sue.

Whether it was on purpose or not it will still be interesting to see how she finds a way to benefit from it.

As much as the Defense has complained about jail visits being recorded .... I bet the Defense will scream now if this falling incident was NOT recorded!

while kc is hurting from a chipped tooth and split lip.......
I hope she thinks of the precious baby who suffered the most...........CAYLEE

A good friend of mine was incarcerated at Chowchilla Women's Correctional Facility in CA (prison) and when she was taken to the hospital to have her baby her family was allowed to visit in the room for limited periods and she was handcuffed to the hospital bed and there were two guards present.

How is that different from KC going to get treatment? Seems like they would let a family member visit and attend to her for a brief period of time.

BBM. Just my take...chipping a tooth vs. child birth. Big difference between the two. I know her parents held her hand her entire life but, I think she can manage a chipped tooth without the helicopter mom supervising a dentist at work.

I don't think a chipped tooth warrants the extra security required for family hand holding.

I have a question, more than a comment -

I noticed several people speculating on today's hearing thread that the reason GA wasn't in court today was because he may have accompanied KC to the infirmary after her fall. I am pretty sure that GA would not be allowed to do that. Does anyone know different?

The hospital I worked at was used by all the jails and prisons in our area. Our state has 3 hospitals I think it is that have contracts with the DOJ & we were one. I have never, never,never, seen ANY inmate in county lock up or prison have anyone other than a guard come with them. The inmates were ALWAYS hand cuffed to the bed, some shackled & never did the guard leave the inmate. If they were an inpatient, the inmate was still cuffed to the bed, a guard always present, the inmate not allowed to talk to staff when they came into room, not allowed to ask for snack or soda. They got their normal meal trays, water, that was it. If an inmate had to go to surgery, a guard would put on scrubs and go in with the patient. The patient remained cuffed to the bed until they were sedated & completely under & recuffed before they woke up. The inmate, as a patient that was admitted, was admitted under the status "confidental" which meant no one could call and see if they were a patient, the name simply did not appear. No phone in the room, no visitors, no tv. It was not much different than being in jail with that regard. I have NO doubt George did NOT go to the medical center with KC.

my sister broke her tooth while eating popcorn while she was in jail.
they ONLY fixed it BECAUSE she was in jail while it happened. they bonded/filled it... then it eventually broke again (the next time she was in jail haha) and it was too close to the root to fix (without a root canal) so then just yanked it.

I wonder did she fall on purpose so she would not have to go to court? You know she knows it is going to start getting rough for her to be there. I also think they will pay for her dental if she chipped a tooth.

I don't know, I am not so sure they will pay to replace or fix a chipped tooth. In the really big picture, is it that important? A chipped tooth might not look nice but it is really not going to affect her qualilty of life. I think the will offer to either keep it as it is or pull it. I dont think they will offer a cap, money is just to darn tight.

I feel bad for KC getting hurt. It could have just been a misstep - can't be easy to walk in shackles. Regardless, KC still is a human being, and I don't like to see anyone get hurt.

I doubt they would provide any cosmetic dentistry, but they probably would, in some way take care of any damage to an exposed nerve or more extensive damage.

I'm not sure what it's like in the US, but when I was dental nursing I was asked to go along to the female prison to help out my boss with the inmates a couple of times.
(which was kinda fun actually- until I realized one of them was an infamous murderer who not only killed her hubby, but skinned him afterwards - but that's a whole other story)

If there is a damaged/dying nerve from the impact, her tooth will eventually darken. The procedure to re-whiten it is really basic. All they do is drill into the back of the tooth, pop in a tiny cotton ball soacked in peroxide, and cover it with a temp filling for two weeks. Then they do a permanant filling once it matches the other teeth again.
But that is purely cosmetic,as is the chipped tooth, so I doubt they would do that. They would likely only do a root canal and filling if the nerve develops an abscess.
Can't wait to see her new look. LOL

That was what I was thinking. I bet they have Conway working on that right now.

Apparently she chipped a tooth and busted her lip, according to Caylee Daily. I do have to say, chipping a tooth is painful. I've done that, and it is NOT fun at all. I wonder if she had to get stitches for the busted lip too. I don't feel all that sorry for her, but I bet this is the first time she's had some real pain in her life in a long time. I hope they have good pain meds to give her because she'll probably need them.

I also hope she doesn't start becoming clumsy at every hearing from now on. Today might have been accident, but if she does it again that is suspicious, and a really painful way to get out of going to hearings.

I don't think this was a stunt. Trust me, there is nothing the jailers nor the judge haven't seen. if she were to suddenly start falling each court hearing, they would gladly put her in a chair and wheel her in.

She was in custody at the time of the accident they have insurance for this type thing just like if someone gets injured at your home. They will cover it and she will be fine, unless she tries to make her injuries worse than they are by saying that she now has amnesia or something, LOL.

Oh God In Heaven, don't give her any ideas about amnesia! I think she will pitch a holy fit to get her tooth fixed but I dont think they will, it's to expensive & you don't have to smile for the camera in jail...no one care if ya got your teeth or not. Will she try to sue, probably...will she get anywher with it, doubt it. KC should get the same medical care every other prisoner would get, no more, no less. If someone else would be given pain medicine she should too.

Oh God In Heaven, don't give her any ideas about amnesia! I think she will pitch a holy fit to get her tooth fixed but I dont think they will, it's to expensive & you don't have to smile for the camera in jail...no one care if ya got your teeth or not. Will she try to sue, probably...will she get anywher with it, doubt it. KC should get the same medical care every other prisoner would get, no more, no less. If someone else would be given pain medicine she should too.

(bolded by me)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Is there any definitive word on how the accident happend? I watched WFTV news at 5 pm and I swear I heard the reporter say it happened in the 'elevator'! I can't find any other reference to the elevator anywhere. Now, I am local and know that WFTV has a bad habit of mis-reporting things or getting them flat out wrong - so this particular version may never surface again :) So now I am wondering what actually happened and where did it happen.

Did anyone else happen to catch WFTV news at 5 pm and hear the same thing I did or am I losing my mind? - wait don't answer that question, I don't want to know the answer to it:crazy:

I heard she fell in the elevator at the court house, reported on IN SESSION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆