LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that bike was hit by a car or a truck, wouldn't there be bits and pieces of it left behind? On the sidewalk or street? Like broken, red plastic lights? Didn't her guy friend say those lights would easily fall off? Surely the perp didn't take the time to clean up any mess.

I think she knew her abductor and accepted a ride.....:twocents:

Posting without reading the article...

I'm guessing (hoping) that IN LE wants to share some info...compare notes...not just on released info about both cases, but non-released info as well. Even if they're (IN) stymied, some good brainstorming (with all the info on both cases) has great potential for either case, even if not related by perp. JMO. Or am I daydreaming? ;)
All true. A bit early to be feeling stymied though. The Holly Bobo investigation - now that's the definition of "stymied"!

I've been wondering where does someone keep their cell phone while riding a bike..It seems to me it would not be easy to access no matter where it was..So, say she did get spooked & wanted to make a 911 call wouldn't she have to stop the bike or at the very least slow down? This would make her even more vulnerable to an abduction so I'm having trouble with how useful the phone really is..The same goes for the can of mace especially if she was surprised from behind.

I saw something recently re: how to teach your kids to protect themselves from an abduction & while on a bike they said hold on to the handle bars for dear life (no pun) & don't let go..It's way more difficult for a perp to pick you up & the bike=they would be more likely to give up & run off..Good advice but surely it would all depend on the strength of the child, the perp, & other circumstances they failed to mention..In Mickey's case I'm pretty sure there were these other circumstances in play.

Wow thankyou for this useful tip. HOLD ON TO THE HANDLES. Excellent tip. I've seen 2 useful tips now, have a whistle to blow, hold on to the handles. Breaks my heart to think the mace could have a been a liability for her. Poor girl.

But the best tip is: don't go out at night or at very least use the buddy system.

So is the north south roadway, the Spillway Road?

I don't know it by that name. This is Hwy 975, I believe.

There's the Bonnet Carre Spillway over by New Orleans and the Morganza Spillway, near Ville Platte. Do you have something that references it by that name?

I wanted to send out a huge :gthanks:

to all the posters on this forum for the awesome work you all are doing! I've been lurking for a while and have been very impressed with the amazing sleuthing going on. I sincerely hope every last one of the new posters will stay on after MS is found and help us out with other cases because there's some real talent going on in this forum!

Speaking of which, please make sure you are calling tips directly in to LE. Sometimes, LE will read these forums, but not always, and I'd hate for all this hard work to not amount to something (especially the stuff about ID'ing the makes and models of the vehicles in the surveillance footage). The tipline # is: (337) 291-8633. Oh, and, to every last one of you:

:yourock:

I can't link because I'm on mobile but KATC just posted a link saying that Indiana police contacted Louisiana police about the case, says it bears resemblance to the Lauren Spierer case.

I saw this report also at WRTV channel 6. The Bloomington police have contacted the LA police as both abductions happened in a college town, the two victims are of similar stature(htg, weight, hair color etc). Also a white truck was seen after Lauren disappeared and a similar white truck was seen on a tape in LA. Hope this helps. Was thinking this might be a killler who transferred from IU to LA this year.

It keeps being brought up that the area that Mickey's bike was found is where Derrick Todd Lee dumped bodies. I'm 26 years old. I was aware of the DTL case, but where the bodies were dumped? Not at all. I was simply too young to really "care" about it. It didn't have a direct impact on my life. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.) So if it is someone who is around my age, they may also have no idea that it was a previous dump site.

This.

You have been the second person to say this, and not sure where you are getting that info, but they do have the same last name, are married, and Mickey lives with them.

The 3 am Daily Advertiser story - where she talks about thinking there was an accident - quotes her as Nancy Rowe. From everything I know the parents are married and living together.

Rowe is an old prominent name in Lafayette and years ago was associated with one of the larger oilfield service companies here (her husband Tom also owns an oilfield service company). Perhaps for that reason alone she still uses it, to associate herself with her family name.

I do find it odd that she is sometimes mentioned as Nancy Shunick and others as Nancy Rowe.

I don't know it by that name. This is Hwy 975, I believe.

There's the Bonnet Carre Spillway over by New Orleans and the Morganza Spillway, near Ville Platte. Do you have something that references it by that name?

Well the two north south roadways that I'm looking at are N Henderson Levee Rd, and Spillway Rd. But that's what I'm asking because I may be looking at the wrong place lol. And I'm not seeing Hwy 975.

Well the two north south roadways that I'm looking at are N Henderson Levee Rd, and Spillway Rd. But that's what I'm asking because I may be looking at the wrong place lol. And I'm not seeing Hwy 975.

I think you're looking at the wrong place....

Let? Send? She's a grown woman and I believe she can go where she wants when she wants. How many times had she ridden home before with no problems? It SHOULD be safe to ride your bike home. It really bothers me when the victim blaming begins.

The fact is it is not safe to ride a bike in that area, as many locals have written here. Saying that is not blaming the victim.

I wanted to send out a huge :gthanks:

to all the posters on this forum for the awesome work you all are doing! I've been lurking for a while and have been very impressed with the amazing sleuthing going on. I sincerely hope every last one of the new posters will stay on after MS is found and help us out with other cases because there's some real talent going on in this forum!

Speaking of which, please make sure you are calling tips directly in to LE. Sometimes, LE will read these forums, but not always, and I'd hate for all this hard work to not amount to something (especially the stuff about ID'ing the makes and models of the vehicles in the surveillance footage. The tipline # is: (337) 291-8633. Oh, and, to every last one of you:

:yourock:
:seeya:
Hi Rouge...always nice to hear from you.

Wouldnt it be great to have this group of awesome WSers helpin out the "Sky Crew"?

I am surprise they have shots of her going through town. Did they pin point a spot where something took place? It must be 3-4 minutes a mile. Right??

Maybe a stun gun, is that the right one, was used, to get her and the bike in a vehicle. I think a stun? gun is not something new, but its more in the news so perps get the idea. Which stinks.

I would not think twice about riding home in that town that late on a bike. I mean really a bike!! She stopped if she new the person, or maybe someone pulled out and she had to stop, and maybe fall off, in time for a perp to grab her.

Did no one, in her neighborhood have cameras?

When did Pat Brown make that statement? The bike was probably dropped off the next day. :eek:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/22/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I want to bring in Chief Jim Craft with the Lafayette Police Department. You are the police chief there, sir.

OK. We`re efforting that police chief, because we do have A LOT OF questions to ask, and Pat Brown, criminal profiler, what do you make of it this far?

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER: Of course, the biggest thing here is where is the bicycle? Somebody`s got to hide that. So whether they pushed her off the road with like a van and then pulled her in the van and took the bicycle with them. Or she went to one of these back ways, and somebody came out and got in her way and took her off the bicycle and then pulled the bike into their own yard or their own garage. That`s the good question. But clearly, the bicycle`s got to be around someplace. And my guess is that`s where she is; she`s with that bicycle.

'Woe.be.gone, I read the full transcript & didn't see where Pat Brown said that the bike was probably dropped off the next day'

Definitely not the Henderson Levee road. This would be road at Exit 127 off of I-10.

All true. A bit early to be feeling stymied though. The Holly Bobo investigation - now that's the definition of "stymied"!
Oh, I meant IN may feel stymied (Lauren's case)...not LA (Mickey's case). JMO, IN probably just needs more evidence before arrest(s) will happen. Altho maybe they really think it was someone outside of the many POI's (or are "just" covering all the bases), then maybe that's why they contacted LA (Mickey's case)...I'm not even sure I'm communicating effectively. ;) What if one of those POI's was in LA recently? Gonna stop rampant speculation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa