AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to assume she was calling people looking for a ride. At least that's my guess

I'm not sure if it's still being questioned, but I live in fairhope, and if there were a suicide here imo it would be the talk of the town, and that hasn't been the case.

Is it safe to assume she was calling people looking for a ride. At least that's my guess

These calls were later, and she was already across the bay when the calls were made. Which means, she had already gotten a ride from her mom's house.

I can't find the post, but some said something about her brother believing she's still alive. I'm told he now believes she is no longer alive. Her mom still believes she is alive.

This is :banghead:
WHO in the family heard from her?? Why weren't we told she "packed her bags" to indicate she planned to be gone at least overnight?? The above article makes it look like she took off for whatever reason. She's an adult....can disappear if she wants to. With the family being sketchy with info.....I can understand the community not being too eager to join ground searches for her.

I really don't know anymore. I am thinking there's a possibility her disappearance is unrelated to the sex abuse cases and might be related to drug connections. In which case, she might be alive.

I hope she IS alive and I hope she is hiding somewhere for whatever reason but I have a feeling that IF that was the case she'd at least tell her Mother who I firmly believe has not heard from her. And if she has she is an accomplished actress.

Of courser she could have disappeared on a bender and be (all IMO and not stating as FACT) zoned out of it and not thinking about her family being worried about her. I know that meth can easily claim a few days here and there commonly enough. But this has gone on for a long time now...

She could be scared stiff and 'on the run' due to drug connection or her uncle's death or the arrests- which would account for some statements urging her to come home and not be in trouble. May also account for the search not being massive like some have stated here and there. She's an adult and has left of her own accord and does not want to be found. BUT my problem here is how good can she hold out with no way of supporting herself??? I'm sure her friends have been checked out. And furthermore if she's hiding out somewhere dodgy she's in danger as well. She's only 19- still a child in my eyes.

IF harm came to her- I don't even know what to theorize. She could still have been picked up by some weirdo whilst hitch hiking even after visiting DH and if she was shook up for whatever reason- she may have felt she had no options and took some risks. She may have been offered a place to stay by some person who then took advantage of her... not a coincidence I would have given much weight to before but I think this case highlights that ANYTHING is apparently possible. :(

Snipped from http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1

"All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,” Levy said. "We don’t have any reason to believe that Brittney is not alive and we are continuing to investigate this as missing person.”

Snipped from http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...d Bay 30+ hours after her phone pinged there?

Zeaux!

Could Donnie Holland have been investigated for Drugs and not molestation charges?

Her phone last pinged a phone at the travel center? According to Tony Dickey....what the hey does that mean????

Her phone last pinged a phone at the travel center? According to Tony Dickey....what the hey does that mean????

I had noticed that wording too Amster and figured the chaplain doesn't understand cell-phone pinging (among other things given some of his ramblings). It's possible he meant it pinged a tower near/at the travel center.

I had noticed that wording too Amster and figured the chaplain doesn't understand cell-phone pinging (among other things given some of his ramblings). It's possible he meant it pinged a tower near/at the travel center.

I wonder what other phones pinged there ?

You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive...

Drugs are a most excellent reason for the case not being talked about in a small town, like Fairhope.

I know northeast Alabama has a huge methamphetamine problem. You guys also need to know that outside the big cities, you see on the map, it is very rural and very poor. Everyone knows everyone and drugs is the reason for silence.

IMHO

I wish I could answer some of these questions, but quite frankly, I'm confused, too.

My experience with family members who are drug users is they may go several days, even a week, but usually make contact with someone.

I also believe her mom has not heard from her. They're going crazy, can't sleep, etc, so that's sincere.

I don't know exactly why she might think she was in trouble. She's flirted with trouble by her drug use and connections there, so that's really not unusual.

I was aware that her mom thought she was leaving for at least overnight, but I wasn't sure I was allowed to say so since I had not seen it being said anywhere else. There was no fight or anything like that with her mom, and her brother has since been released from jail, so there's no reason to explain why she wouldn't at least call her mom if she is able to. She also didn't indicate that she thought she needed to hide for any reason.

I can see why the Mobile LE believes she is just gone on her own free will, but I can also see why that is hard to believe. If it wasn't going on a month now, it might be easier to believe she's just staying with a friend. But that wouldn't explain her not being in contact with her family, especially if she was still in the area--she would have heard about DH's death and would want to be with her family. As dysfunctional as they are, they do love each other.

You know... people are not forthcoming with information when they are trying to hide something. And the same with chopping and changing from one version of events to another. There may be perfectly innocent explanations for this type of behaviour (I'm sorry but I'm Irish and we like to put the letter 'U' in many words such as favour, colour and behaviour) BUT IMO I'd still like to know why people are being deceptive.

Seems there is alot to hide!

I can tell you some of the confusion is just that, confusion. CW is exhausted and has mixed some things up, said some things had come from LE that were actually rumors she had heard. It's not intentional on her part, from what I can tell. That's not to say she and others haven't withheld information about some of BW's activities in order to protect her from any potential criminal charges. But BW's parents had a meeting with representatives from both Mobile and Baldwin County LE in last day or two and hopefully are now on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine